Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Why am I getting constant reloads?

Hi all,

I recently re-installed FSX and attempted to tweak it back to exactly how it was before....... I must have done something a bit funky because I have a new, annoying problem that occurs when my graphics are under heavy load;

The sim constantly 'reloads' .... it does it on the ground, in flight, on approach at 200' (grrr!)....

Flying a nice low visibility approach, into Aberdeen (EGPD)......

115.jpg

Doh!

213.jpg

Would anyone know what would be causing this? ...... I've never had it before.

It's interesting to note that my frames are higher than ever..... I am getting high frames that I wouldn't expect to see, in Orbx scenery, bad weather, complex planes, etc .................. but apparantly at the cost of this repeated reloading of the sim.

Could this be [buffer Pools] related? ........ I am running PoolSize=0.

Never had problems before, but I do wonder.....   also, what is the TextureMaxLoad value supposed to be at? (the one in the [Display] section, not the similarly named on in the [Graphics] section).

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Very odd... Perhaps something to do with your scenery.cfg file? You will always get reloads if a change is made to that, or something is causing changes to it. Could be a thousand different things... or, actually, there is a key shortcut in FSX that will force a scenery reload... Maybe that key is stuck on your keyboard or something is causing it to fire regularly?

There's a "scenery reload" key assignment in the FSX options (usually it's empty, but you can assign a key command to it).

Any chance, Dave, there's another addon or hardware peripheral that sends the same command to your sim?

Thanks Dean & Olli, I'll go and check if there is a key assignment for the 'reload'  (don't think there is off the top of my head but I'll check!).

It feels more performance related, somehow.    Hard to express how that is so, but it seems to 'reload' when the most graphics intensive stuff is happening.

That's where I see huge blue areas instead of the ground textures for a couple of seconds - never experienced reloads with the progress bar in that situation.

Do you have a tool that tries to keep the clock in the sim in sync with your computer clock?

• Upvote 3

Its not  [buffer Pools] Dave sorry very strange no idea.

it happened to me too... 

Do you have a tool that tries to keep the clock in the sim in sync with your computer clock?

Chrjs is correct.. this happened to me too.

you have fsuipc?  go into there and make sure keep clock synced is not checked.. or any other clock syncing program you have running.

Thanks guys....... I will have a look in FSUIPC at a clock sync'ing setting ...... I also use OpusFSX, not sure if it's something in there possibly?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this community ROCKS!

It was indeed all being caused by a nasty mis-placed tick in FSUIPC's "keep FS time in sync with real time" option.... bahhh!!!   :lol:

All sorted now, and back to uninterrupted approaches :cool:

Thanks to all, but especially Chris Volle and Brian Sommers!

• Upvote 1

+1

I should add... I find that fsx time lags behind a bit over real time.. at least for me

I fly in real time.. meaning that if it's 3:30pm I set my flight sim time at 3:35PM then it evens out over about an hour or so.. 

if I fly multiple hops/flights throughout the day.. then every now and then I'll just update my fsx time before going on my third/fourth leg, etc.

WOW!!! great news and echo Dave about the community! This has been happening to me and couldn't find anything online about the issue.

I, too, have clock sync turned on.

THANKS!!

Threads like this represent a refreshing antidote to the mild depression i feel when i encounter yet another posting that nosedives into negativity and plain old fashioned bad manners. Threads like this are the essence of what is good about our hobby ...

Thank you Dave for asking and the others replying in this thread.

I suffer from this annoying feature aswell and had the "Time Sync"-option ticked in FSUIPC.
Hopefully it goes away now.

Thank you Dave for asking and the others replying in this thread.

I suffer from this annoying feature aswell and had the "Time Sync"-option ticked in FSUIPC.

Hopefully it goes away now.

Thanks guys. Been having the same problem since I upgraded Processor and GPU to GTX780. I thought I was maybe pushing too much on the system. Sure enough Time sync checked. LOL!

Remember that pressing Pause key or slew also stops the FS clock.. hence lag in time.

Well done all, and to those that suggested the actual fix. Good result for the OP (and others it seems too!)

Aivlasofts EFB also has an option to keep the clock in sync with UTC, it's in the data providers settings somewhere if I remember correctly and it will exhibit the exact same symptoms.

Gents,

I also have the clock synced option set in FSUIPC and get these occasional reloads. Has anyone mentioned this to Pete Dowson on his forum? http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

I know Pete uses this option himself so he's the best person to discuss it with. He's away until Monday week but it would be interesting to hear his view on it.

If you want your clock to stay in sync with your PC clock via FSUIPC, FSRealTime or EFB etc, then you will get this reloading happening when the time difference meets the set time drift limit, there is no way around it other than turning the option off. So there is nothing to discuss with Pete or anyone else. Knowing Pete's documents it will be explained in detail in the manual.

Although keeping FSX sync'ed with real time would be good, I really can't understand how anyone could cope with the resultanting constant reloads of the sim.   Mine was reloading every 2-3 minutes, with this option ticked (accidentally) in FSUIPC!