Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

P3D v2 pricing

You can buy whatever license you want. It's up to you to make the decision. No one checks your ID at the door.

Thanks, I was afraid to get men in black suits to pick me up and send me to Guantanamo bay :P Guess I know what too get now B)

I have a question, I am in 3rd year (last) an bachelor's degree (Bologna), but not in the area of aviation.

I can buy the academic license?

I have a question, I am in 3rd year (last) an bachelor's degree (Bologna), but not in the area of aviation.

Yes. 

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

It is for honest non students (those of us not enrolled in a college as an undergraduate, nor a k-12 student).

The idea of the academic licence is to give enrolled students a price break.

I may be a bit more literal than most in how I understand things like this, but it seems pretty clear if you read the way this is spelled out on the P3D comparison chart.

:good:

Yes. 

But you have to provide a link to Arwen's reply on purchase ...   :rolleyes:

What is the best option to a simmer? I never had P3D... Now isn't necessary the monthly subscription?

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk Pro

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

What is the best option to a simmer? I never had P3D... Now isn't necessary the monthly subscription?

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk Pro

Nope. 

Buy the professional license when it comes out. That's what you need.

i wonder that the $2300 one gives you?

A big hole in your wallet and the ability to shoot something to ease your frustration

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

i wonder that the $2300 one gives you?

It gives you the Pro version plus something that looks very curiously like VRS TacPack. :O

$200 is a hefty price. I thought there might have been at least a discount for previous 1.4 customers.

On the other hand, it also accomplishes a couple of things. This is not a game. Its a real simulation to be taken seriously. Thus the price point. So we can be sure that things will be addressed, and improved with feedback and bug reports. Unlike Microsoft. While someone may argue that they could pull the plug anytime, and while true, it doesnt seem likely given all the professional aspects to it. 

I think the improvements outweigh dealing with the frustrations of FSX and all its inherent limitations and bugs. Now I wonder how much I can sell my cat for.   (JK JK)

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Hmm - terribly sorry if this has been asked and answered many times before...

Do I really have to purchase the $200-license? It's quite alot of money - or doesn't it matter which license I get? (I'm not enrolled as a student, nor in any way work or studying within aviation)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Hmm - terribly sorry if this has been asked and answered many times before...

Do I really have to purchase the $200-license? It's quite alot of money - or doesn't it matter which license I get? (I'm not enrolled as a student, nor in any way work or studying within aviation)

Have a look at the chart. http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2013/11/4648/

No one is going to check your credentials or lack thereof and give you a ticket, but it comes down to your honesty and conscience. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Fair enough... thanks alot, HighTowers for the anwers! :)

Would the Developer License include the sim aswell, or 'just' and SDK to develop programs in?

I guess, as a simmer then, I would require the academic license... 

Thanks again! I'll look into it, when it's available... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471