Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

w6kd

P3D V2 Master Compatibility List (Closed)

Some updates based on a fresh install of P3Dv2.2

A2A C172 Trainer - New Installer works without any of the listed work arounds in P3Dv2.2. Just point the installer at the p3Dv2 folder.

Hi Sub7th,

I downloaded a fresh copy of the installer today, but when I run it and point it at the Prepar3D folder, it automatically changes the name of the folder back to Microsoft Flight Simulator X - I'm a bit loathe to go ahead and click install under these circumstances. Did you experience the same thing?

Thanks

Jack

Jack Johnston

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Hey Jack,
No I didn't run into that issue but I also don't have FSX installed anymore. My experience is with a clean slate and a fresh install of P3D v2.2
I haven't had any issues so far with about 8 hours of use. Been practicing my pre-flights, start-ups, flight patterns and landings so I've put the plane through it's paces without any issue. Not that I've noticed anyway.

Mike

OK, thanks Mike. Guess I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Thanks

Jack

Jack Johnston

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

With regard to the A2A C172:

Late version FSX/P3D 1.x installer won't work if P3D2 folder name has blanks; disable VC mipmaps in P3D options(jabloomf1230)

It is no longer necessary to disable VC mipmaps in P3d 2.2

HiFiSim Activesky 2012 -- should work with P3D2, manually set P3D.exe path and directory, P3D-specific beta coming (WR269)

This should be changed to reflect that the most recent ASN beta (B5210) is available and works with P3d 2.2.

I think this thread has reached the end of its usefulness, and I am now locking it and relegating it to history.

The intent was to ease the compatibility issues between FSX and P3D V2 when it released.  That said, the workload of revising the compatibility list to keep it current each time a new revision of P3D V2 releases is far more than what I had in mind when I started the list.

It's been five months now since the V2 release--I think we're off and running now, and given the frequency of new P3D revisions, P3D V2.x add-on compatibility is better addressed in individual threads in the P3D forum.

Cheers

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 5xSamsung SSD, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box