Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
w6kd

P3D V2 Master Compatibility List (Closed)

65 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Folks--let's not have Q&A about add-ons in this thread.  In other words, please post information on known compatibility and/or incompatibility between P3D V2 and add-ons so it can be added to the list--this is not meant to be a place where people can ask if/how their favorite programs work with P3D V2 or to discuss performance issues etc.

If there are significant issues to mention related to use of a particular add-on in V2, please reference or start a thread elsewhere on the forums and provide me a link to that discussion here, and I'll post that where appropriate.  For the purpose of listing compatibility, I am erring on the side of those who report they got an add-on working.  If there is disagreement on compatibility or other P3D2-realted issues, again, please have/initiate that discussion in another thread, and if you provide me a link here, I'll link the list entry to the discussion.

An entry in the list only reflects other users' experiences with the referenced software and P3D2.  It's intended to give a quick look at other user experiences with FSX add-ons and P3D2 compatibility, not a comprehensive recommendation for any and all users.  Many of these add-ons were released for FSX and are untested and unsupported by their developers vis-a-vis P3D2.  It's up to each of us to do our own research.  This is intended to be a starting point only.

So that I don't miss anything by repeatedly sorting through a long list of old posts, I am deleting all posts in this thread as soon as I review them.  Please pose questions and conduct how-to discussions in another thread, as posts will disappear quickly here.

Regards

Using the EMT I had no issue getting the addon Hardware VRInsight GPS-5 to work with no issues.

Carenado SR22 GTSX TURBO HD compatible with native installer

Carendao C185F SKYWAGON BUSH compatible with EMT

Iris C27J compatible with native installer

Lionheart Creations Epic Victory compatible with native installer

Hi,

I am going to test my favorite freeware ACs from FSX in my new install of P3D2 over the next coming weeks. I would like to share my experience with the community; should I post this here or rather in the "P3D Aircraft & Vehicles - Native and Add-Ons" category? Whatever you prefer is fine for me.

Best Regards

Frank

All afcads of the freeware scenery of BlueSkyScenery are reworked and ready for prepar3Dv2. So this scenery is now compatible in P3Dv2.

The afcads can be downloaded from the site.

Joop

www.blueskyscenery.com

Carenado Pa28.... version FSX, installed with the native installer. Just pointed to the p3d directory..

I guess we can call it a failure...  unless this is a new kind of stratophaser..

Fumeacuteeeacutetrange_zpsfe2958f5.png

The plane doesnt move, the wheels animation shows the wheel turning and a lot of smoke effect is generated....  maybe something related to contact points. When looking closely at the wheel, they are partially burried in the concrete..... I didn't try changing the contact point as I have no clue how the value are selected....

More information on Carenado piper.

In aircraft.cfg, changing the contacts_points section solve the buried wheel problem. 

on line point.0, change the third parameter from -3.65 to -3.95

On lien point.1 and .2 (2 main wheels), change the third parameter from -3.32 to -3.62.

The smoke was not really smoke. It was the fx_wheel_snow_spray effect because I started my flight in winter. I removed it from the effect directory to remove the effect altogether as it is not realistic. 

P3D crash on reloading the plane after a first load then on exiting p3d..But it's now flyable...

FSRecorder v1.331 works in regular mode (no need for legacy) (newer versions do not work either way).. however on launch of P3D a warning box pops up.. "This version of FS Recorder was not verified with your version of FSX" (OK to load, Cancel to not load)

Was unsuccessful getting MAAM's 7th Edition B-25 for FSX to work in P3Dv2 without getting kicked to desktop . I was using EMT . Installation went well , AC and all texture variants showed up in AC Menu , gauges in Gauge folder etc , but after selecting any of the textures to load the AC , I immediately got kicked to desktop .

A2A Piper Cub no longer works in P3Dv2.1.  No prop animation.  C172 still seems to work.  

A2A Piper Cub no longer works in P3Dv2.1.  No prop animation.  C172 still seems to work.  

The spitfire seems unable to load fluids, and as a result is unusable.

-stefan