Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG's XPlane 10 Development Fact Thread [Updated 25NOV13]

Bad simulator?
I don't know what you mean, but it seems a little harsh to describe X-Plane as bad simulator just because there's no PMDG aircrafts available yet.

Tomcat no use entertaining such a stupid comment.

I believe he was referring to FSX as he had been experiencing alot of OOM and other issues with his PMDG planes and just recently switched to X-plane and found the experience more enjoyable.

Cmon PMDG, show us some love over here at xp10. I already quit fsx man even if its hard to let go of the ngx. I just have to. Im sick and tired of ooms low fps, unstable sim. 

I mean FSX and about it's architecture, no matter how good is your hardware, you won't get good performance of it.

XP10 is a great simulator, I use the Aeorosoft CRJ, it's a great aircraft, but PMDG is highly needed to move to the platform!

I mean FSX and about it's architecture, no matter how good is your hardware, you won't get good performance of it.

XP10 is a great simulator, I use the Aeorosoft CRJ, it's a great aircraft, but PMDG is highly needed to move to the platform!

You need to check out Flight Factor's 757, FlyJSIMs 727. LES SAAB 340,Carenados c90, JAR's a320, the platform IS moving full steam ahead.

You need to check out Flight Factor's 757, FlyJSIMs 727. LES SAAB 340,Carenados c90, JAR's a320, the platform IS moving full steam ahead.

You are absolutely right. I really don't get this "PMDG Cult" that exists right now on the simming community. Yes, they make fantastic planes, really top of the line products, but they are not the only ones.  

A pun on 'steam' there perhaps?

You are absolutely right. I really don't get this "PMDG Cult" that exists right now on the simming community. Yes, they make fantastic planes, really top of the line products, but they are not the only ones.  

&

There is a reason why they have legions of followers that swear by their product... that is what happens when you make exceptional add ons. I have the JAR A320, FF 757 and FF 777... and I also have owned the PMDG 737 NGX and 777. The PMDG products are still my favorite, and I have been missing them since I ditched FSX and now have XPX and P3D.

For me, whichever platform (P3D or XPX) PMDG gets to first will be the one I stick with. PMDG provides the most immersive experience, period.

&There is a reason why they have legions of followers that swear by their product... that is what happens when you make exceptional add ons. I have the JAR A320, FF 757 and FF 777... and I also have owned the PMDG 737 NGX and 777. The PMDG products are still my favorite, and I have been missing them since I ditched FSX and now have XPX and P3D.For me, whichever platform (P3D or XPX) PMDG gets to first will be the one I stick with. PMDG provides the most immersive experience, period.

I think you right. PMDG give a fantastic and immersive experience and I can't leave definitly FSX for XPX, at least until PMDG release its firat plane for XPX. I think we have a fantastic sim, very complete and stable (XPX). The only thing is missing is PMDG, it's a shame. I have NGX and MD11 for FSX and flight experience was never comparable with Airbus X or CS757. i don't own FF757 or other payware for XPX, only own MU2 Marquise, i thnik those are good planes but not make me jump definitly to XPX. i wai for PMDG.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I think you right. PMDG give a fantastic and immersive experience and I can't leave definitly FSX for XPX, at least until PMDG release its firat plane for XPX. I think we have a fantastic sim, very complete and stable (XPX). The only thing is missing is PMDG, it's a shame. I have NGX and MD11 for FSX and flight experience was never comparable with Airbus X or CS757. i don't own FF757 or other payware for XPX, only own MU2 Marquise, i thnik those are good planes but not make me jump definitly to XPX. i wai for PMDG.

If I am being honest, I like XPX better graphically than P3D/ FSX and to me it has more potential.  With 10.30 it will eliminate those sickening high altitude blurries... but still lacks some things that are very important to me... a strong weather injector and an ATC package such as My Traffic. 

It doesn't sound like (this is purely my opinion) PMDG's first add on will be one of their heavy hitters such as the NGX or 777 because they were speaking about those products in the future tense once the first product for XPX is released.  But... how cool would it be if they shocked everyone and rolled out the NGX or 777? They have been known for a surprise here and there :)

-Phil

PMDG does not make or break a platform. Lots of people are using X-Plane and P3D without it, including myself. I'm not knocking PMDG at all, and loved the NGX on FSX, but I really don't like the whole "X-Plane/P3D is nothing without PMDG" argument. In fact, I predict when PMDG do release a product for X-Plane, it will see an initial hit of FSX users trying X-Plane out, and then it will be back to the "Well, I prefer FSX because of ActiveSky, Orbx etc..."

+1 - If you look around, there are plenty of study-level planes for X-Plane. People aren't just sitting around waiting. Wait till the IXEG 737 is out, and then come back and tell me PMDG is badly needed on X-Plane.

Also, I have a feeling at the moment that X-Plane and FSX attract two very different types of simmers. Helicopter and low-and-slow VFR pilots are quite happy with X-Plane, in fact, I dare to say, you can't beat X-Plane for helicopters and VFR scenery  :wub: . TubeLiners are quite happy in FSX land. 

And there are already planes in PMDG-quality! Like the Saab 340 and B757 and more will follow (B733 for example). So we already have and will have very good planes, even if PMDG would cancel their plans developping for X-Plane.

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

I hope they do something completely out of leftfield, like a yak or something

Felis made a Yak 40 a while ago

I hope they do something completely out of leftfield, like a yak or something

Agreed, I would be down with a PMDG blimp :P