Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG's XPlane 10 Development Fact Thread [Updated 25NOV13]

Yeah, sorry for the hijack - it just sort of went down the 3rd party route!  :blush:

X-plane provides the weather right out the box, but the depiction of said weather is half the battle, especially in GA as Superdelphinus stated.

Really looking forward to seeing what PMDG have been working on and hearing what their plans are, just over half way through the estimated 60 days since the announcement - I know we're not expecting a study aircraft as their x-plane debut but expectations are pretty high.

I guess u got at top of avsim showing threads you posted in. 

And they have not promised any announcment.

PMDG, please hurry up and give us something to fly....I'm sick of FSX!!! :t0103: All these OOM's, crashes, bad frames...it'S enogh!

FSX is like an old granny you have to sleep with just because there is no young lady out there and you don't wanna play with yourself!

And then came XP10...I'm sure she's worth a try... :Love: ...but she needs some help you know...she doesn't know the PMDG style!

So please....let me show her the PMDG style! :p0504:

lolol lmfao

[...] I know we're not expecting a study aircraft as their x-plane debut but expectations are pretty high.

We're not?  :mellow:

We're not?  :mellow:

Yeah, I kind of am. For PMDG to do anything that doesn't at least compete, if not blow away the current competition, would be a mistake given the height of expectation and the bar they've set for themselves with their FSX offerings. I'd be disappointed.

Yeah, I kind of am. For PMDG to do anything that doesn't at least compete, if not blow away the current competition, would be a mistake given the height of expectation and the bar they've set for themselves with their FSX offerings. I'd be disappointed.

My thoughts exactly. I know a lot of people are eagerly anticipating PMDG's X-Plane projects precisely because they (along with the IXEG 737 Classic) are assumed to raise the bar when it comes to high-fidelity simulators available on the platform.

I seriously hope PMDG will stand up to their name and make all X-Plane ports available to Linux and Mac, as X-Plane is Multi-platform.

The whole thread reminds me of those days way back in 60s, when Boeing and PanAm were discussing the plans of a new plane (747)

Boeing said: "If you buy it, we build it"

PanAm said: "If you build it, we buy it"

Luckily both kept their statement in trust to each other.

The X-Plane community is waiting like crazy for "Boeing" (PMDG) to finish, including myself: even the type of aircraft does not matter. Thats remarkable!

The anticipation is killing me! The 60 days are almost up no?

True - I think there's a few days left. 

Ara Mahs, Private Pilot

I give them about a week  :ph34r:

A week in developers' time? That could easily mean a century. Or a "Valve time". Who knows.

Whether the aircraft is complete or not we will know something in the coming weeks.

Anyone who knows PMDG should not look very hard at timeframe statements.  It almost always goes over, but is always worth it as well.  I have been monitoring the Xplane and P3D PMDG threads for almost a year now... I am very excited, but will hold that until something more concrete.