Sign in to follow this  
DJSean00

How is it?

No-I mean like reality-and my sig shows I have no loyalty to any sim. Sorry to get the hair up-I don't see any change in a 6 year technology of autogen I beta tested-and to me it looks very dated.

A quick question regarding that "Academic License" tag in the upper right corner of the screenshot posted above:

Is that always visible? Can it be disabled?

I actually am an enrolled undergraduate student so I'd be genuinely qualified to purchase the academic license, but if that text was constantly shown I thing it would go on my nerves.

Thanks!

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

Reality is always my litmus test-this one is a fail...

You've got no idea what you're talking about.  I guess if you wanna rag on something you've never used and seen one picture of, that's your perogative.  Maybe you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night or something.

Speaking as somebody who has the product, I'm really really impressed with the realism of the autogen, and the sim overall.  The big thing I need to figure out how to do is to change my weather engine, as reverting back to FSX's stock weather engine is no bueno.  I'm sure there are many hours of forum browsing ahead of me.

OK..I simply added three sceneries that I had installed in FSX

MS So cal.

Latin KSAN

KSAN Downtown

It was stratightforward.

But the MS So cal photoscenery does not merge well with the P3D Water....the water component of Megascnery is not water...its kind of strange.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I don't see any change in a 6 year technology of autogen

Like everything else they're leaving that up to third party developers.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

TrackIR works fine, BTW. 

Did you do anything special to get TrackIR working?  Mine isn't functional by default.

A quick question regarding that "Academic License" tag in the upper right corner of the screenshot posted above:
Is that always visible? Can it be disabled?

Sorry, it's aways visable and cannot be disabled.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

No I haven't-but the screen shots posted above look like a toybox. If that turns you on go for it-I prefer a rw look. Take my opinion as a rw pilot of 26years and beta tester for fs since 2000 as it might be....

I find it amusing, that so far, almost all the negative comments are coming from X-Plane folks, who have never even touched P3D

This user above had posted an X-Plane screenshot earlier: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/426989-xplane-just-jumped-way-up-there/

So I guess we can enter that thread and criticize his shot as well, since I find the autogen far more "toybox" looking. 

Please keep the trolling to the minimum, and respect people. It's a blessing that we have several different simulators to choose from. 

I should have been a Beta tester fpr P3D.. I am finding few small issues. Teething problem I am sure

In a three monitor setup.. the Rain does not fillup the entire three screen... its a cone of rain that does not cover 6000 X 1200 window. In FSX Steve had a fix for this in DX10. Need one for this now.

Mega scenery may have some work to do to merge their coastal water with P3D water... 

On the Plus side, when you limit the visibility, it seems to bled so well ..the mountains look fantastic...the visibility on mountains closer to you vs the one further to you is really nice... 

I know its too soon to tell..but FSX is history...and X-Plane, fuggetabout it :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I find it interesting that you are calling me an xplane folk-since for two years the xplane folk have been calling me an fsx'er.

Probably because I beta tested everything from pro pilot to fly to fs from 2000 and have been highly critical of xplane the last two years.

Easier probably to lable someone as a something'er than to take a critic-have found the same on the xplane boards when I have taken great exception to the "superior" flight models.

Yes-I posted the xplane shotstonight -because after being a huge critic of the xplane for 2 years something ground breaking came out.

Trolling-I was a mod here. I am a flight sim enthusiast since 1980. Really? Is that the best you can do?

I find it interesting that you are calling me an xplane folk-since for two years the xplane folk have been calling me an fsx'er.

Probably because I beta tested everything from pro pilot to fly to fs from 2000 and have been highly critical of xplane the last two years.

Easier probably to lable someone as a something'er than to take a critic-have found the same on the xplane boards when I have taken great exception to the "superior" flight models.

Yes-I posted the xplane shotstonight -because after being a huge critic of the xplane for 2 years something ground breaking came out.

Trolling-I was a mod here. I am a flight sim enthusiast since 1980. Really? Is that the best you can do?

There really is no point to this

P3D devs have made it perfectly clear that the veneer of the sim (esp autogen) will be left to 3rd parties, who over time, will more than likely transform P3D into something visually quite spectacular. The big changes are under the hood, which from my reading if the commentary here, is already getting high praise from a performance perspective.

Guys, enough. Please take your discussion into a private chat or something because it's killing this topic and starting to veer way off track. We all have our opinions and even though we might not agree, let's at least stay civil about it and act with some respect towards each other.

Less talking, more flying! :P  

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

I'm running running in the Carenado Cessna 337, with everything on and all sliders maxed. I'm getting 20-30 FPS, completely smooth, all around   I'm just flying in the pattern at Langley so far, throwing different time's and weather conditions at it, and nothing phases it.  Surprisingly, FPS seem to climb at night (not that I can tell the difference at all, it stays buttery smooth no matter what I do).  The autogen is also the best I've ever seen, and it's crazy dense.

JW how did you install the C337?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Well, I'm impressed.

Quick download. No issue with the licensing servers, despite the fact that I imagine it's all getting hit pretty heavily. One hour from clicking the buy button and I'm up and flying over the default location in the A36.

The autogen is a revelation. It just goes on forever, and the irritating pop-in is nowhere to be found. Hell, I can't even see it fading in.

Spin the view around the cockpit. No scenery flashing. No squares getting filled in.

Lighting is great. My first impressions were that it felt a bit dark and murky, but once I got in the air and had the sun a bit higher in the sky, it looked great. Very lifelike.

Hard to say if I'm seeing an improvement in performance over FSX, since the settings are certainly not apples to apples right now. Turning up the settings generally had me a bit lower than I'd like (20 fps or so), and I have a feeling my card (GTX 570) is going to be a limiting factor here. Time for an upgrade, perhaps.

It's easy to pooh-pooh this and say "heck, doesn't look any better than six years ago", but I think that's pretty short-sighted. First of all, it does objectively look better. Secondly, we finally have a scalable, supported platform that's leveraging current graphic technologies and has all kinds of additional hooks and capabilities for third party developers. That is a pretty damn big deal. 

I'm very excited.