Sign in to follow this  
DJSean00

How is it?

GPU-Z will display it.

It sayws memoery used is 2000 my card is GTX 670 FTW 2G

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yea I'm trying to decide 4gb 760 TI for $289 4gb 770 for $379 or a 780 for $479 my cheapness tells me the 760 but my gut tells me the 770 will be the best price vs perf

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

It says "Payment Declined", and can't get through my bank :(

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Ok guys-after 31 years I am outa here. If you don't want opinions that is fine..

Geofa - I've always loved your competitive screenshots, real v FSX. I would love to see the same once P3D is settled. That really would be a good comparison as to how much closer the evolution has moved to looking like reality with the new lighting etc

Yep.. You'll need to tone down the eye candy to back it off a bit..  I'll have mine installed shortly and see where she stands.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I have slow internet connection, can anyone let me know the P3Dv2 installation files, how many files to download, and how big each file?

The most interesting news (crossing fingers) is that under Win 8.1, my joystick did not disappear. But that may be a consequence of not yet encountering whatever triggers the problem. More on that tomorrow.

That's excellent news. I hated that with FSX on Windows 8

Wow, amazing!!  Please take a bow LM, I didn't think you could pull off this much performance with a single GPU and memory usage is impressive!!

Posting a video shortly ... 30 fps lock while recording in fraps everything at max with almost all shadow options ON.  And this is without any add-ons.

Posting a video shortly ... 30 fps lock while recording in fraps everything at max with almost all shadow options ON.  And this is without any add-ons.

Looking forward to it Rob.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Initial impressions for me are "ho-hum". Cranking up the shadows absolutely kills performance, so I'm having to tune well back to get anywhere near the performance I got in FSX. This was to be expected though.

It's basically just FSX, but again not sure what I was expecting because it's pretty well documented that the only improved the graphics core. More playing round is required for me to see the new autogen system, etc..

Good news is that most of my plugins still work, e.g. the A2A C172, Carenado and it works much better on Windows 7.

Simon of xsimreviews also has a quick impressions up:

http://xsimreviews.com/2013/11/25/simmos-initial-prepar3d-v2-impressions/

^^ Dude you got a hell of a pc, no wonder its running so smooth. I know I wont be running it maxed out with my 3570K and GTX670. Maybe with P3D a GPU upgrade will be worthwhile?

Would EVERYONE be so kind to also post his or hers basis system info whenever they post how well (or not) P3D 2.0 runs? I know a lot of people have that information in their profile but it would be very convenient if the posts would contain all relevant information. Only posting 'it runs well' isn't of much use imho.  ^_^

Good news is that most of my plugins still work, e.g. the A2A C172

Did you use the installer for the A2A C172 (simply directing it to the P3D 2.0 folder) or did you manually move the files (like A2A seems to suggest you should)?

I have my sliders on maximum and thrown in FTX Global for good measure. AMAZING. I am going to fly all night.

I know a lot of people have that information in their profile but it would be very convenient if the posts would contain all relevant information.

4.8Ghz 3960X (2133Mhz DDR3 - quad channel) - nVidia Titan OC

I've run P3D v2 "as is" ... no 3rd party add-ons, no infinity mask settings, haven't tweaked anything at all.  There are a few glitches in the SF/Bay Area ... some homes floating in the air but that's an easy fix with an update or Photoscenery or FTX Global Update 1.1 ... I'll install FTX Global Update 1.1 next.

Video is uploading now, should be done in 20 minutes or so.