Sign in to follow this  
DJSean00

How is it?

Wow.

C'mon old man, you aint got that red ADMIN under your name no more, so you know these wild dogs gonna eat you alive...roflmao

Darn X-Planer!   LOL!!!

Good to see you active, Maestro! I'm downloading P3D right now and will get installed in the morning. I'll see if I can get a couple screenshots for you to see how the new "educational" tool is doing in areas that you're familiar with.

Something tells me that a few of the people taking pot shots at you are going to be receiving a PM from Mr. Allensworth come sunrise.... And it won't be about how much they like P3D!

All the best from a cold cave in the PNW!

Guys, enough. Please take your discussion into a private chat or something because it's killing this topic and starting to veer way off track. We all have our opinions and even though we might not agree, let's at least stay civil about it and act with some respect towards each other.

Less talking, more flying! :P  

Agree.  This has been a good weekend for P3D and X-Plane, so let's enjoy it.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Ok guys-after 31 years I am outa here. If you don't want opinions that is fine..

Go write some code or st frack u.

I just reported you to the mods here (in 10 years I have never reported anyone..you are the first).. You better behave

Ok gus-after 31 years I am outa here

Hi Geofa, relax and stick around.. don't let these noobs get to you. :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

im just glad the we have an FSX spin off that is actually being developed and improved by some talented individuals at LM, FSX could have been stellar if it was improved and updated, thank you LM I think this is what we are actually seeing with P3D

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I can't afford it but need it.. So purchased it.. So glad to uninstall 1.4 and kiss the legacy core goodbye...  What I don't look forward to is reinstalling all my loot.  :lol:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

yes I am not looking forward to moving from FSX to P3D V2 huge job and complicated around what can and wont work but sounds like its a must do

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

OK..Maybe its just me.. when I increase the autogens to the leven I had in FSX, the FPS dropped to 18 or so... But then the CPU is not taxed so much...Obviously I have not tweaked or set it right for P3D yet... too early to conclude anything.

All I can say is, I am stocked ...P3D v2 has potential to be big... I think!

Now, I can't sleep...I am excited like a little girl! HA HA

:lol:

Manny

OK..Maybe its jsut me.. when I increase the autogens to the leven I had in FSX, the FPS droppped to 18 or so... But then the CPU is not taxed so much...Obviously I have not tweeked or set it right for P3D yet... too early to conclude anything.

All I can say is, I am stocked ...P3D v2 has potential to be big... I think!

:lol:

Check your VRAM.. With so much being shifted to the GPU in 2.0 you may be hitting your GPU's VRAM wall.  Once you hit your GPU's VRAM limit it starts trying to use system RAM which is much slower. Hence you'll bottleneck out..  4GB is going to be the new standard, 2GB isn't uncommon anymore for modern games to use.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Can anyone comment on with the improved this and that by LM, how this performs on a gaming laptop?  FSX with addons doesn't run  well on a gaming laptop, not sure if P3D changes anything...

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Check your VRAM.. With so much being shifted to the GPU in 2.0 you may be hitting your GPU's VRAM wall.  Once you hit your GPU's VRAM wall it starts trying to use system RAM which is much slower. Hence you'll bottleneck out..  

ok..what tool do I use to see the VRAM?

Manny

Ok guys-after 31 years I am outa here. If you don't want opinions that is fine..

I don't think that's necessary, opinions are always welcome! However I believe maybe you should tone down your phrasing which comes off as offensive to folks who just spent a good amount of money and excited about their new sim. 

Ok now that aside. 

One think I will mention about this release which is pretty cool, is the addition of 4 new aircrafts the BETA team didn't get to test out : F-22, F-35, Beechcraft A-36 and an Extra 300s. 

The Extra 300s shows off the dynamic lighting quit well, the cockpit looks dark during bright daylight, as is in the real world. The Beechcraft is great, especially to check out the cockpit shadows from the sunlight. 

I don't think that's necessary, opinions are always welcome! However I believe maybe you should tone down your phrasing which comes off as offensive to folks who just spent a good amount of money and excited about their new sim. 

Ok now that aside. 

One think I will mention about this release which is pretty cool, is the addition of 3 new aircrafts the BETA team didn't get to test out : F-22, F-35, Beechcraft A-36 and an Extra 300s. 

The Extra 300s shows off the dynamic lighting quit well, the cockpit looks dark during bright daylight, as is in the real world. The Beechcraft is great, especially to check out the cockpit shadows from the sunlight. 

Do you get the jumps from the F-35 that you get on FSX?

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

ok..what tool do I use to see the VRAM?

GPU-Z will display it.. I personally have an overlay setup that displays what I need to know at a key press.

Not P3D 2.0..  Just showing an example.. This was AC4 before optimized driver release. 

nbfCcdv.jpg