Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Is anyone going back to FSX now after 2 days with P3Dv2?

Back to 100% FSX and actually believe it's no better or worst than P3D, though performs better. Wake me up when P3DV2.5 comes out.

Back to 100% FSX and actually believe it's no better or worst than P3D, though performs better. Wake me up when P3DV2.5 comes out.

There is only two things I miss. The autogen blending and being able to open up the FPS slider to unlimited and not having it turn into a hitching mess.

Definitely will be back at 2.5

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Styckx, what do mean when you say a "hitching" mess?  Currently in FSX, I run with an external frame rate limiter, with internal fps unlimited, so whatever you're referring to might be a potential issue I need to be aware of.  I have to do it that way in FSX because I'll really lose performance with fps locked from inside the sim.  Is that still an issue in P3D?

Styckx, what do mean when you say a "hitching" mess?  Currently in FSX, I run with an external frame rate limiter, with internal fps unlimited, so this might be a potential issue I need to be aware of.  I have to do it that way because I'll really lose performance with fps locked from inside the sim.  Is that still an issue in P3D?

In FSX it's either run w/ 1/2 refresh rate and  internal lock at 30 (and a FFF to get lost FPS back), or like you run with an external limiter and set unlimited internally.  That said though it's (going off memory) claimed setting unlimited takes away more time dedicated to processing textures and in turn induces blurries. This is FSX tweaking though and don't want to go down this road here as it's completely off topic. :) I'm actually going to go try this way now.. Haven't done it on a Nvidia card yet. 

In P3Dv2 my experience was yes, locking at internal FPS will still giver you lower framerates than if you had it unlimited but unlike FSX running unlimited (with no limiter) didn't cause stuttering and hitching like FSX is notorious for at anything above locking at 30FPS - unlimited..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Hi,

after a couple of days of tweaking and tuning, I got v2 running very well and a don't think about of going back to anything else.  

Bruno

Well I've done the deed and gone back to FSX..  I have uninstalled P3D will be requesting a refund tomorrow. There is nothing to justify the expense (and space) of keeping v2 on my system as I know I'm not going to use it. There seems to be only a couple of advantages for me, which are outweighed by too many negatives, at this point.

It obviously depends on what you want from a flight simulator, and how you use, and I fully understand why P3Dv2 might be a better platform for some.. I am not knocking it.

I will keep an eye both here and at LM, and hope it develops to the point where I can jump back in.

I have uninstalled P3D will be requesting a refund tomorrow..

I will keep an eye both here and at LM, and hope it develops to the point where I can jump back in.

I would wait with requesting that refund until your 60 days period is almost over. In case LM releases an update before that time, you will be able to test it yourself. If you request a refund now, you will have to buy P3D again to give it a try and from what I have understood you can only request a refund ONCE! So why not let the installer sit on your HD and wait a while. Imagine that update does wonders for your problems!

I would wait with requesting that refund until your 60 days period is almost over. In case LM releases an update before that time, you will be able to test it yourself. If you request a refund now, you will have to buy P3D again to give it a try and from what I have understood you can only request a refund ONCE! So why not let the installer sit on your HD and wait a while. Imagine that update does wonders for your problems!

Yes, actually that makes perfect sense, and I must admit I did not notice you can only request a refund once, which is fair enough.

One problem that won't be addressed, as its nothing to do with LM is a scenery provider I use has stated we cannot use their product in P3D – so unless that changes, it will be bit of a blow.

Still enjoying BOTH sims, although I must admit my ratio of usage (FSX:P3D2) has shifted quite considerably back towards FSX... however the main reason for that is about aircraft choice, and the fact that some brilliant add-ons just aren't there in P3D (yet).

As said also elsewhere, the Flight Planner in P3D is just awful.  You cannot drag the 'route line' to add waypoints as you can in FSX, in fact you cannot manually add waypoints in anyway, to the computer generated FPs that the planner creates.  Also manoeuvring around the planner's visual map is basically broken ; sometimes works, sometimes slow, sometimes won't move around the planner map at all.    It's by far the worst part of P3D2 in my opinion and needs serious attention in the first update.   It's not usual that we see such a 'regression' in a new version of the sim, but for sure, the FSX Planner is considerably more functional and usable than the P3D planner.

So yeah, for me it's all my favourite airliners in FSX, with some GA flying in FTX Global (with lovely shadows et al) in P3D2 in between.

Best of both worlds for the moment.  :smile:

the Flight Planner in P3D is just awful

Agreed. Something is very wrong with it. Sluggish, slow, broken. I only fly GA so I just downloaded and installed Plan-G 3. I used to use Plan-G 2 but that one doesn't work anymore and since my plans are rather simple A to B plans, I was planning (no un intended) to only use the sim's planner... but as you said, it's awful. Hopefully Plan-G v3 will be better!

Nobody is mentioning how FSX works with SteveFX DX10 scenery fixer?

1y329d.jpg

As said also elsewhere, the Flight Planner in P3D is just awful.  You cannot drag the 'route line' to add waypoints as you can in FSX, in fact you cannot manually add waypoints in anyway, to the computer generated FPs that the planner creates.  Also manoeuvring around the planner's visual map is basically broken ; sometimes works, sometimes slow, sometimes won't move around the planner map at all.    It's by far the worst part of P3D2 in my opinion and needs serious attention in the first update.   It's not usual that we see such a 'regression' in a new version of the sim, but for sure, the FSX Planner is considerably more functional and usable than the P3D planner.

Have they said anything about improving that?

Have they said anything about improving that?

I've not read any posts on their forums about it, but then again, it surprises me how few simmers have mentioned how poor the flight planner in P3D2 is, so maybe LM just aren't getting a clear message through about it.

I've not read any posts on their forums about it, but then again, it surprises me how few simmers have mentioned how poor the flight planner in P3D2 is, so maybe LM just aren't getting a clear message through about it.

I see, because this is the first time I'm seeing a report about the flight planner being bad. Somebody should get this to Lockheed Martin's attention.

Also, if it's not there already (I don't think it is), add the flight planner to the start-up screen.

That's only because in all honesty I've always held the opinion that they were useless, since FS2000 or 2002 I haven't even opened it  :lol:

You should start a thread over at LM, seriously, in an effort to make sure they are made aware.

Regards,

Brian Doney