Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Is anyone going back to FSX now after 2 days with P3Dv2?

You guys must be blind. There is no way that FSX in DX10 mode looks better than it does in DX9.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Q_flyer

Is anyone going back to FSX?

I'm re-installing as I type this. I'm tired of trying to trying to figure out why its not stable. I have issues with weird CTD regardless of whether add-on's are installed or not.

Not being able to fly my PMDG planes is also a major drawback.

Hopefully, LM will release updates before my 60-day refund period is up.

For most of the reasons given above, I am back to spending 95% of my available sim time in FSX.....   but, I would qualify that by saying that it isn't really any indication of how I feel about P3D2........   I love P3D2!!....... in the hopefully not too distant future it will definitely be my main (probably sole) platform.     But at this point, it does need patching on a few issues like black screen, and the fact that there really aren't many add-ons properly supported for it yet, means that it's something that I look forward to  in the hobby, rather than something I'm enjoying now which would be FSX.

You guys must be blind. There is no way that FSX in DX10 mode looks better than it does in DX9.

WOW! Thank you for this polite and helpful post.

Lyn

For most of the reasons given above, I am back to spending 95% of my available sim time in FSX.....   but, I would qualify that by saying that it isn't really any indication of how I feel about P3D2........   I love P3D2!!....... in the hopefully not too distant future it will definitely be my main (probably sole) platform.     But at this point, it does need patching on a few issues like black screen, and the fact that there really aren't many add-ons properly supported for it yet, means that it's something that I look forward to  in the hobby, rather than something I'm enjoying now which would be FSX.

Exactly how I feel too Dave...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I might as well tack on a sequel.

I refunded about two weeks ago after having a bad time with v2 and Windows 8.1. Went back to FSX instead of P3D 1.4 and had a grand time... Played with DX10 mode and was impressed with what Steve managed to pull off but I just never felt comfortable with it.. Something was just off..  Then my tech OCD curiosity got the best of me and I re-purchased a few days ago.. I also dropped down to Windows 7... Since then I've been enjoying the heck out of v2.. I'm also not diving in head first just throwing FSX addons at it with reckless abandon..   1.4 is where in my opinion the FSX likeness line was drawn.. v2 is a completely different animal now..  While it has its vast share of teething problems that I wish I didn't make it to final,  I've decided to dedicate a majority of my time with it instead of FSX.

Instead of fighting with what's wrong with it *currently* I'm trying to exploit everything else it does right.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Had enough of P3DV2 for the moment. Too many hangs at start up. Went back to FSX and surprised how stable it is in comparison and can actually enjoy the heavies and the scenery hanging together. P3DV2 is still the way to go long term.. Just needs more working add-ons and more stability.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

I have great hopes for P3D.. I am so happy and thrilled with P3D. For now, ,my FSX is fairly solid... Enjoying the awesome PMDG 777  in FSX.

P3D is a house that is being built. But not ready to move in. Its not move in ready.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

.......... Instead of fighting with what's wrong with it *currently* I'm trying to exploit everything else it does right..

Just like we used to be in the old days with every new flight sim release: Focus on the positive rather than negative.

Guest RWFeldman

If everyone went through life focusing on whats right,  how we would ever fix whats wrong? Thank goodness there are skeptics. It was one thought letting of blood was a rather positive thing to curing all diseases. :)

If everyone went through life focusing on whats right,  how we would ever fix whats wrong?

Focusing on what is right, doesn't mean that you're blind to what is wrong, 

Personally, I'm finding that the positive far outweighs the negative . . . so I'm finding it pretty easy to remain very optimistic about this sim. But I have also reported the bugs and issues that I've discovered to LM, as that might actually help improve some things.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Guest meshman

Until I see SBuilderP3D, I'll keep going back to FSX to use SBuilderX.

Until I see SBuilderP3D, I'll keep going back to FSX to use SBuilderX.

Never heard of it. What is so great about a product built on a very old platform that "keeps you going back" ?

It must be an amasing product. Yeah?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Desperately want P3D2 to work, but it's just too unstable for me.

I initially got great results, and the performance is far in excess of FSX for me. Double the FPS in most comparable instances.

But the addons I want to run in it just cause the sim to crash too often as it stands, this is only something you find out after spending many hours with the sim.

I should add, I don't think this is the fault of LM or P3D at all, I think this is just a case of addons that don't support P3D2. None of the addons I'm using claim P3D2 support, it's easy to be fooled into thinking they work just because they install and appear to open ok.

I'm disappointed because, IMO, P3D running FTX textures looks 10 times better than FSX running the same, so it's a shame to go back.

I can fully appreciate that some people are finding it hard to cope with some of the faults, and having to do without their myriads of add-ons.

I completely understand, that some additions help immensely to further immerse you into the world. For me, one of those additions was EGLL. In default EGLL I was completely disorientated. I had lost my compass completely. I needed the add-on to bring back my bearings. The fact EGLL works is a huge benefit to me. I could have gone and flown somewhere else, but that's not the point. I would not have been able to get it out of my head, and my disappointment would have been immeasurable.

I'm more than happy, and am having a great time flying the default aeroplanes. I understand for others that's not enough. But when/if I need an NGX fix, I know where to go. What's scaring me is that this new world looks so amazing, the transitions from dusk/dawn are so real. Its performance on my system staggers me. So does its smoothness. I have more autogen than I could ever imagine existed, shadows that look and feel real, clouds that behave like the real thing and look great too (I'm using AS2012 clouds) that going back is going to be sooo unsatisfying. I've only done one flight in FSX since v2 was released to do a video, and it didn't make me go wow.

As a side note to the video, it was exactly the same flight done in FSX and P3D. I did it to compare maximum levels of scenery in both sims that gave the same basic performance. More people watched the P3D one, so actually they missed the whole point of it. My conclusions are, that people in general want to stay in their own world and are reluctant to change. I can see now why advertising was invented!

Anyway, to those people that say, P3D is full of c**p I simply say! get a life. To the rest whether you are using it or not, and are not because you need that add-on to immerse you I say, the future is now bright again, and at least you gave it a try and will be seeing you around fairly soon. :)

WOW! Thank you for this polite and helpful post.

You're welcome.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png