Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

Tongass Fjords X?

Has anyone tried installing Tongass X into P3D 2.0?

In 1.4, it works, but you need to add some entries to the terrain.cfg file manually for water to display correctly. I'm hoping the same "trick" will work with 2.0, since OrbX left a hole in their coverage area to make room for Tongass X

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Yes, it works. Just point the installer to your Prepar3D folder, then make sure you put Tongass X below all Orbx/FTX entries in the scenery library.

Todd

twharrell,

The install worked fine. But, I don't see any cabins/objects. I went to PAFE in FSX and in P3D. P3D has no objects or saved flights like FSX..

What have I missed?

Thanks.

Bill

Hmmm, anyone had any luck getting the terrain.cfg entries from FsAddon? I got a reply on the email I sent that Tongas X is a FSX Product and they couldn't help me(I sent them proof of purchase),,,and they said Holger was the only one that could help me.....

Guess I'll pray that Holger is a nice guy and help me with the entries so I can get rid of the ground textures and trees on the sea....

Hmm, got the entries from Holger and did everything in the instructions, and It looks like it should, but 1-2 minutes into the flight and I get an OOM(It's not a real OOM because VAS isn't anywhere close to 4GB, it's about 2,1GB when the OOM occurs). Anyone else having OOM problems with this scenery? Help appriciated..

I would also be interested to know if a way exists of getting Tongass to work properly with P3D V2.4.

I have UTX Alaska & orbx Southern Alaska, & these work just fine.

However when I move into the Tongass area I am getting airports with no buildings or equipment; white aircraft; & major altitude discrepancies.

Kaboki - could you share the info that you got from Holger?

Thanks.

Basically you'll have to renumber a whole bunch of custom texture entries in the terrain.cfg. I did it back in v2.2., but it took too much time and effort, so I won't be doing it again. The entries can't be copied from a previous install either, since the numbers are relative to the entries in the terrain.cfg, which often changes when you install various addons.

Very sad to see that FS Addon couldn't upgrade the installer to make it fit for P3D v2. I'd pay an upgrade fee for that no doubt. But Holger is busy over at ORBX HQ, and knee deep in other projects. But I've flown every nook and cranny in Tongass since FS2004, so I'll live...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I agree - I would happily pay an upgrade fee to get this working in P3D v2 - it's a superb scenery set.

But I guess all progress comes at a cost ... ... ...   ^_^

Are you using EMT to install it? I am not having any issues that I can find -- Sitka looked great and I just made a quick flight from Klawock to Wrangell and noticed nothing wrong.

This is where one appreciates a publisher like OrbX's continuous dedication to improve and adapt its products without charging anything ! In spite of its talented developpers, Womack and Sandman, Tongass X is a dead product. No ObjectFlows, no P3D installer forthcoming. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

This is where one appreciates a publisher like OrbX's continuous dedication to improve and adapt its products without charging anything ! In spite of its talented developpers, Womack and Sandman, Tongass X is a dead product. No ObjectFlows, no P3D installer forthcoming. 

What's even worse is that Orbx are building around this region, so even if you do have all the Orbx regions, there will be a hole unless you have Tongass Fjords X installed.