Sign in to follow this  
Jim Padgett

Meaningless Topic Titles Bother anyone other than me?

My point was that sometimes that is the whole post (not just the title). So, the first question inevitably is "what download is it?"

I missed the word post in your post, sorry. I need more sleept before starting to post here, otherwise such things happen.

Anyway, we can still ask for further info, but I'm with you here - such essential information should really be in the OP.

It's very bad etiquette to have a non descriptive thread title. It's very selfish. I remember an old hardware forum I used to frequent where they had very strict rules in regards to thread titles. If the title was not descriptive the thread would be locked the the thread starter would be issued a warning. If posters accumulated too many warnings they would get temporarily banned. I like that approach a lot.

vatsim s3

1133704.png

I think the next time I see a thread titled "A question" . I'm going to post a new one titled "An Answer"

Selfish? Lol. Wow. This is only a forum man.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's selfish, because it forces everybody to read the thread to figure out what the topic is about. A properly named thread would make it obvious to the forumites what the topic is about before it's opened. Whenever I see a thread named something like "FSX PROBLEM, IMPORTANT PLZ HELP" or perhaps "MUST SEE TOPIC!!!!!!" I can't help thinking of this meme :

vatsim s3

1133704.png

I agree.

Such titles indicate (for the thread-starter) both laziness and disrespect for their fellow forum members.

I would like to see the "Latest Forum Topics" set up with Sim types like FSX, Xplane, P3D. It gets a bit tiring to see not only silly titles but then if you do click on them you end up in some xplane forum or other that you have no need or use for.

I think if you hover over the title, it tells you which forum it's in.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Yes but when you are looking for information on the forums, where that information may very well be in one of the ' meaningless ' topic titled messages, you are prone to miss the information you are searching for...

RealAir Duke B60 v2 issue vs my plane has problems ....

Just my 2 cents....

I know very bad choice of an actual plane, but since I like ANYTHING from RealAir I like to post their name when ever I can :-)