Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

REX 4 for P3D V2

The first thing I do after installing REX is turning off all weather options: you will never ever be bothered again with weather downloads!

Where do I do that?

Where do I do that?

Start REX and click on the Configuration Manager tab. You will see the GENERAL window (you can read that on the left in that red bar). To the right of the screen you will see similar bars, only greyish, named WEATHER ENGINE, VISIBILITY, WINDS and CLOUDS. Click on WEATHER ENGINE and untick 'Enable REX weather engine'. That's it! However, just to be sure I always untick EVERY option that's ticked by default on that page and also on the other pages (VISIBILITY, WINDS and CLOUDS). Probably not needed but I like to be sure. ^_^

From now on no weather will be loaded automatically anymore when you start REX so selecting and installing new textures is a breeze and quickly done.

You will not have to wait for that in either of the products.   REX 4 - Texture Direct is its own separate product and can be used with any 3rd party weather engine option.  However, it does have an option to match textures with current weather conditions at an airport, but again no lengthy download to use this option.  We will be publishing screenshots of the interface early this week.

Reed, maybe I'm a bit confused. Is REX4 going to be one product with separate features or a collection of products?

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Reed, maybe I'm a bit confused. Is REX4 going to be one product with separate features or a collection of products?

Hi Tom,

4 separate products.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Let me add to what Tim stated.  They will be 4 separate products, but they will be able to interact with each other.   For example, though REX Texture Direct is mostly textures and can be used with any weather engine platform.  REX Weather DIrect and Architect Direct will be specifically optimized to take advantage of key features of REXTD. 

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

I really like the idea of seperate products. Please release this so I can buy. :P

Hi SolRayz,

If you haven't already set all of your Inspector settings to Application Controlled, AND be certain to set NEGATIVE LOAD BIAS to ALLOW. I discovered the latter helps greatly, even though water textures still need improvement, and hopefully REX 4 will nail this down better.

Hey Noel,

Maybe I missed out on some information, but I was under the impression that NI should be set to Enhance Application for SSGS, all other settings do not work. And I will try to set LOD BIAS, that I have not done.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Start REX and click on the Configuration Manager tab. You will see the GENERAL window (you can read that on the left in that red bar). To the right of the screen you will see similar bars, only greyish, named WEATHER ENGINE, VISIBILITY, WINDS and CLOUDS. Click on WEATHER ENGINE and untick 'Enable REX weather engine'. That's it! However, just to be sure I always untick EVERY option that's ticked by default on that page and also on the other pages (VISIBILITY, WINDS and CLOUDS). Probably not needed but I like to be sure. ^_^

From now on no weather will be loaded automatically anymore when you start REX so selecting and installing new textures is a breeze and quickly done.

Does P3D render volumetric cloud with current REX/Overdrive textures or is volumetric cloud not dependant on textures?

Does P3D render volumetric cloud with current REX/Overdrive textures or is volumetric cloud not dependant on textures?

They do not depend on the textures.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Does REX4 adress the new lighting of P3DV2? The sky_something.bmps are still in use, but values for haze, clouds etc. are differently read out.  With some of the current themes I will get real funky  ^_^  :blink:  dawns or sunsets. Clouds and the other stuff are very much ok. Cant wait for new skys to explore! keep up the good work

Hi,  a lot of people are having OOM's with p3dv2 , is REX4 beta tested ,

and did it rise the VAS.

thank you  

Has anyone got the issue where in low vis, the sky turns a milky blue colour?  I have changed textures, etc in REX4 but still the same issue.

I've got this issue too Will. Apparently there is a vibility bug that LM is addressing (where it's half of what it's supposed to be), but I haven't been able to nail down the source of this "hue"...

BTW, if you've got fog showing up all the time, make sure you check off the "volumetric fog" option in OPUS as well (if you use it).

Dear all,

I bought REX4 Textures HD a couple of weeks ago, but now I want to complete the puchase with REX4 weather engine. Is this module already available to purchase? no way to found it on stores... Strange.

Regards.