Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

REX 4 for P3D V2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wow, those screen shots of REX 4 Texture Direct look nice. Look at some of the full size screen shots in P3d2. No one has better sky and water textures than REX. 

Thanks for the kind words folks!

• Upvote 6

that picture of the tomahawk I think it is sitting at the airfield with very dark clouds behind is just brilliant, think its pic number 18. Make me want to go and hire a plane and go flying lol

that picture of the tomahawk I think it is sitting at the airfield with very dark clouds behind is just brilliant, think its pic number 18. Make me want to go and hire a plane and go flying lol

LOL. Yes, pic 18, this was showing the REX4 Weather Direct's archived weather feature from KOKC 311952Z. Horrible tornado outbreaks that day! Actually it wasn't 'sitting' rather I believe our tester was trying to land that sucker under turbulent conditions! :)

I'm sorry to say that I've not tried REX before but those screen shots have got me slavering.

It seems you have another REX convert.

Wonderful.

It certainly makes for a happy christmas.

Great news and nice product , any option for upgrade , I bought my REX for my P3D v2.0 last week!? :(

Thanks for the kind words folks!

If you folks fixed what is called water in P3DV2 then you get the grand prize!  It's really awful now and that is actually w/ REX E+ water installed for oceans.  Just can't get decent water so wow I hope you have figured out something better!

Great shots apart from the wet runway which, as before, is completely unconvincing. You just don't get that uniform highly-reflective sheen across an expanse of concrete or tarmac when its wet.

Have to be the best FSX clouds I have seen.

REX seems to have solved that painterly appearance that the current version sometimes has.

Agree with the above:

FSX water looks better, wet runway too reflective.

gb.

Those airport textures are stunning. Look like payware airport textures. Cant wait.

Edit: that fourth screenshot on the website mentions the clouds in the description but I was transfixed by those wonderful airport textures. Is that in Rex or a pay ware airport in the shot? There are also mentions of taxi way signs being updated and in at least one shot there is a new style taxi way sign on a stand rather than the usual sign sitting on the floor. Is that Rex or an add on? If it's addons then it's very confusing with Rex having airport textures and in some screenshots having third party airports.

Interesting! Looks great. I do notice there are three seperate products now: I suppose that means you also have to buy them seperately, so it will be very interesting to see what the prices will be. Not that I mind spending some money on it because up to now I received every update for free, starting from the very first version! I also wonder if Texture Direct will work on its own without the weather engine parts.

I just bought Rex Essential Plus Overdrive yesterday.  I hope that there will be upgrade pricing.

My guess is the partnership with ORBX?  Noted in one of the screenshots, "Texture Direct HD is compatible with all ORBX airports".

REX4 + ORBX = Rule the world.

I also wonder if Texture Direct will work on its own without the weather engine parts.

That would be great as dont care about their weather engine. I despise changing textures and having to wait fro REX to download weather information when I dont even use it.

That would be great as dont care about their weather engine. I despise changing textures and having to wait fro REX to download weather information when I dont even use it.

You don't have to use the weather in any other versions so guessing it'll be the same

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yup, you can disable the REX weather engine and just use the textures (I currently use OPUS for weather).

However, if the new REX4 weather engine is able to work quickly with minimal performance impact, I think I may hop back over the fence...!

So there is no improvement with water installing REXE into P3DV2???

It seems to me the water problems w/ V2 has to do w/ DX10/11 implementation in V2 and that water textures weren't made to utilize those kinds of textures, hence REXE doesn't really fix the issue directly, i.e. while keeping DX10/11 features enabled in V2.  It appears REX 4 may do this and so the screenshots *may* be suggesting, unless of course when those shots were taken DX10/11 features were disabled in V2.

Yup, you can disable the REX weather engine and just use the textures (I currently use OPUS for weather). However, if the new REX4 weather engine is able to work quickly with minimal performance impact, I think I may hop back over the fence...!

REX E+ weather works quite well compared to former versions, and it looks like they've likely improved this even more now for V4.