Sign in to follow this  
MarkVcz

First long-haul on VATSIM. Did not end well. DX10 time!

Unfortunately, no, I'm not running both the arrival and departure airports.

The thing is... with two complex add-on airports loading up into the sim you will probably push DX9 close to its limits (as far as memory management).. that's where DX10 comes to the game.

The thing is... with two complex add-on airports loading up into the sim you will probably push DX9 close to its limits (as far as memory management).. that's where DX10 comes to the game.

I've just got a couple of more Payware airports for Xmas, and I'll be operating EK231 (OMDB-KIAD) a little later. FlyTampa - FlightBeam. Should be interesting. I'll report back.

Aamir Thacker

I've just got a couple of more Payware airports for Xmas, and I'll be operating EK231 (OMDB-KIAD) a little later. FlyTampa - FlightBeam. Should be interesting. I'll report back.

Cool! Definitely report back. Are you flying EK231 on VATSIM?

Cool! Definitely report back. Are you flying EK231 on VATSIM?

Just finished the flight, actually. Touched down not more than 5 minutes ago.

Nah, not VATSIM, it's a bit much for me, all that. I will eventually get into it though :)

Okay, so, it went spectacularly well. Gate to gate, no problems whatsoever. I didn't, unfortunately, check my VAS after the flight, but afaik it all went very smooth. No stutters at all in flight (save for one bit during cruise when I was overflying a nasty thunderstorm with quite a few clouds (thank you ASN!).

Aamir Thacker

Just finished the flight, actually. Touched down not more than 5 minutes ago.

Nah, not VATSIM, it's a bit much for me, all that. I will eventually get into it though :)

Okay, so, it went spectacularly well. Gate to gate, no problems whatsoever. I didn't, unfortunately, check my VAS after the flight, but afaik it all went very smooth. No stutters at all in flight (save for one bit during cruise when I was overflying a nasty thunderstorm with quite a few clouds (thank you ASN!).

That's a really good news! Seems like your DX9 configuration is holding up pretty good. Bummer about the VAS check but all good when you did not crash the sim :)

(when you get to VATSIM which really enhances your flying experience even more, PM me, we can do an OMDB inbound or outbound 777 flight hehe)

Hi Thoriq,

There is a post in the CTD forum.  It might help you to resolve the issue you are having.  Good luck!

Thanks! Will see if this helps after I finish stuffing myself with turkey  :P

(when you get to VATSIM which really enhances your flying experience even more, PM me, we can do an OMDB inbound or outbound 777 flight hehe)

PM sent!  :lol:

Aamir Thacker