Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

FTX: Global VECTOR Released

^death spikes! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I don't believe that it's Orbx's fault that you purchased Vector under the mistaken presumption that it had a configurator.

I early on stated very clearly I naively made the purchase, as have others here, based on no knowledge of this issue, and based on all of the other factors that went into the decision to make the purchase as an early adopter which I have outlined in detail.  It's clearly Orbx's fault that they left out the obvious, and I take ownership that I made the decision based on assumptions, past experience, etc.  The 'Our way or the highway' is also ORBX's 'fault'.  

Over and out, please.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

What's more concerning the coast of southern Brazil are vast and deep craters!

I hope ORBX correct it.

In short .... service that pig in ORBX. Hires me I will test the product before it launches!

Here's some good news for P3DV2 users which I know has been referenced but wasn't sure where from:

post-101053-0-65788700-1388262054.jpg

Cheers

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

More anomalies in southern Brazil, Porto Alegre.

VECTOR1.jpg

VECTOR2.jpg

Yeah, the color of those spikes is totally off. Should be more red--with stars and doilies on top.

I early on stated very clearly I naively made the purchase, as have others here, based on no knowledge of this issue, and based on all of the other factors that went into the decision to make the purchase as an early adopter which I have outlined in detail.  It's clearly Orbx's fault that they left out the obvious, and I take ownership that I made the decision based on assumptions, past experience, etc.  The 'Our way or the highway' is also ORBX's 'fault'.  

Over and out, please.

I did the same thing...just flushed $62 down the toilet.....

Greg

I am using FS Global Ultimate with Vector!!! I am experimenting with FS Global Flattening Meshes to help alleviate this problem, but ah...the whole point of me buying Vector was to eliminate this issue globally.

I'm using the same mesh. I just checked out KASE and see the same thing. I disabled both the Vector AEC and Vector itself and the problem was still there. Perhaps this is down to the FSG Ultra mesh? I just installed the AFM for KASE and it's much better, there is still a small step around the airport, but its nowhere near as bad as before.

I remember there were some airports closeto KTEX that were on huge plateaus after I installed FSG Ultra mesh and I had to use the AFM to get them back to normal.

I don't know what Orbx's relationship with Pilots is. Seeing as Pilots were the ones who developed Vector, if anyone is going to make a configurator it will be Pilots.

To the end user it doesn't matter who developed it. It has ORBX's name on it. They are fully accountable for it, again because their name is on the tin.

From a commercial aspect the relationship is between ORBX and PILOT's not the end user and PILOTS. Pilots doesn't exist in that relationship. The end users relationship is with ORBX.

It's ORBX that has to take accountability and responsibility for any product released under their name.

Yeah, that's unacceptable. Are you using a mesh (FS Global, etc.)? Just wandering if the mesh would fix this, or this is simply Vector being Vector.

Just made my first flight out of my Instant Scenery 3 enhanced KASE with ORBX Vector (default mesh) and have to say I'm quite impressed.  Road textures / geometry is much improved over UTX IMO and blend in well with the land.  Still sitting on the fence regarding a Mesh product but I think that things are off to a good start with ORBX Vector.

Regarding some of the negative posts witnessed in this thread - it baffles the mind how some simmers expose persecution complexes when it comes to FS products.  I'm now running 3 new products: REX 4 Texture Direct, ASN Next and ORBX Vector.  All are No Fuss - No Muss products that greatly enhance the FSX experience with FPS in the 100+ range. All are excellent products developed by excellent developer teams.  A little appreciation would be appreciated IMO.

That said,  please remember that constructive criticism for any issues (FS developers are usually highly receptive) and will always yield a better result than inappropriate statements that make software providers defensive and at worst may result in their abandonment of any further efforts for future FS products.     

Regards

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

More anomalies in southern Brazil, Porto Alegre.

VECTOR1.jpg

:blink:

Soooo, what happen to the elevation fixes??? :rolleyes:

I'm not really seeing that many elevation fixes to be honest. Didn't JV advertise all 29k airports fixed or something??? I don't have to fly around Colorado much before I see elevated runways all over the place. Posting pictures of every elevated airport for Orbx too tedious and time consuming, they should be paying me for the beta testing. The amount of elevation issues with Vector is almost mind numbing, to be honest. Even KDEN is elevated?!? Really! Wow...simply wow. 

Aspen (KASE)

zrQKk.jpg

This is more a mesh issue, then I would think Vector, so I'm a little surprised JV would have committed to fixing them. As I said in an earlier post much of this is caused by the lack of sloped runways in FSX. causing the runway on the plateau as we see here. FSG tried to reduce the problem with their V2 mesh a while ago by raising the surround terrain to the level of the airfield, and angling it til it merged back to the mesh elevation. As I said, this has mixed results. Here is what KASE looks like with FSGenesis V2 Mesh and UTUSAX

post-117364-0-01725800-1388268446.jpg

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

BTW, I absolutely love the work you've done with the FS9 textures. Well done and keep up the good work!

Why thank you for your kind words!

Hi Guys and Gals,

Wow, glad I didn't buy this!!!. For those of you who did and are utterly disappointed, I feel your pain.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I'm now running 3 new products: REX 4 Texture Direct, ASN Next and ORBX Vector. All are No Fuss - No Muss products that greatly enhance the FSX experience with FPS in the 100+ range.

Uhh, 100+ FPS?? With zero AI traffic, no weather, default airports, default aircraft, sliders full left, no AA, and no AF, all at a crystal clear 640x480 resolution?

Otherwise, please do share your fsx.cfg. You just might have found the holy grail we've all been looking for.

Uhh, 100+ FPS?? With zero AI traffic, no weather, default airports, default aircraft, sliders full left, no AA, and no AF, all at a crystal clear 1024x728 resolution?

Otherwise, please do share your fsx.cfg. You just might have found the holy grail we've all been looking for.

Here you go with UTX 40 / 40 in heavy clouds:

activeskynext.png

Yea so it is a shameless plug for FSXAssist but so be it.

Regards

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png