Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MindYerBeak

FTX: Global VECTOR Released

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Currently downloading.  Looking forward to seein if it lives up to the hype.

Hmmmm. I have SceneryTech Europe installed right now, and kill me if I know how to install FTX Global Vector. Probably it is best to uninstall SceneryTech, but then I will lose landclass, but with global vector data. That means I will wait for FTX Global LC, I guess.

But since I'm flying the Airbus 90% of the time, vector data is more important than LC from FL340. When flying over Mediteranian coast, looking on really bad coast down there is a pain. Also when flying above Croatia or Serbia, Sava river is not even there! Danube is also very bad.

Why would you uninstall ST LC. Orbx Vector replaces UTX I thought. When Orbx LC is released you can remove ST.

Can someone confirm that ?

I have all ftx australia regions does this replace this product and is it better, thanks

Wayne

UTX provides vector and LC data. SceneryTech provides only LC data I think, but not sure, must check that.

Hmmmm. I have SceneryTech Europe installed right now, and kill me if I know how to install FTX Global Vector. Probably it is best to uninstall SceneryTech, but then I will lose landclass, but with global vector data. That means I will wait for FTX Global LC, I guess.

But since I'm flying the Airbus 90% of the time, vector data is more important than LC from FL340. When flying over Mediteranian coast, looking on really bad coast down there is a pain. Also when flying above Croatia or Serbia, Sava river is not even there! Danube is also very bad.

I have it as well. Maybe try to install over the top

UTX provides vector and LC data. SceneryTech provides only LC data I think, but not sure, must check that.

Just remove UTX

Yea will be interesting to see some feedback of this. Looks like a fantastic program though. 

Just remove UTX

If you do that you'll lose the updated land class it provides, which gap Orbx won't fill until they release Open LC. 

A better solution is to decheck  UTX vector sceneries (Roads, Railroads, etc) leave the land class options active,  Then you should have the best of both worlds. At least until OpenLC is available to replace UTX LC.

Sorry I didn't read the product page but vector is coasts and stuff right? Land class is basically where texture are put? Thats why UTX does a good job of cities right?

Regards, Lee

Sorry I didn't read the product page but vector is coasts and stuff right? Land class is basically where texture are put? Thats why UTX does a good job of cities right?

Regards, Lee

Correct, vector data tells the sim where to place roads, shorelines, rivers, etc. LC tells it what type of texture belongs where, for instance there should be beach here, town here, city hear, and farmland here.

If you do that you'll lose the updated land class it provides, which gap Orbx won't fill until they release Open LC. 

A better solution is to decheck  UTX vector sceneries (Roads, Railroads, etc) leave the land class options active,  Then you should have the best of both worlds. At least until OpenLC is available to replace UTX LC.

Cheers thanks Tom

Anticipating positive reviews before I go about uninstalling UTX.

Would be very interested in knowing how much vector improves upon ftx global. The price tag seems awfully steep after having shelled out all that money for ftx global. Would also really like to know how the product impacts performance/vas usage in comparison to ftx global itself. I really hate the appearance of roads in global. 

Then again the price might be worth it just for the elevation fixes.

I'm away for Xmas with the family, but unless reports come in by early adopters that there are major issues, I'll be pulling out the credit card as soon as I get home. There's quite a few places that I can think of in my FSX installation that'll be much improved by this. My flying is about to get a bit more 'global'!

Then again the price might be worth it just for the elevation fixes.

I never really had issues with elevation. Maybe I am just lucky, but I didn't even know it was an issue. In any event the price wouldn't be worth it to me for that. I guess if I did a lot of low level vfr flights the vector data would be much more important. I'm willing to keep an open mind though and see what the results are. I picked up central rockies and kjac/kbzn and I was very very happy with the results. 

Correct, vector data tells the sim where to place roads, shorelines, rivers, etc. LC tells it what type of texture belongs where, for instance there should be beach here, town here, city hear, and farmland here.

Thanks!

Regards, Lee

Anybody else having an issue accessing flightsimstore.com. My browser just opens a blank page.

I can access my account on the website but not the product page.