Sign in to follow this  
Caribpilot

DC-10 Project

I know I'm probably going to get taken to a dark room and beaten for saying this, but I'm noticing some similarities there to the CLS DC-10...by that I mean its 'identical'.

http://abload.de/img/fs-2014-feb-22-033d6uhj.jpg

compared to:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/cman_06/YAFSScreen_082.jpg

I would really like to see a new DC-10, so I hope I can be proven wrong, but certain areas like the tail shine, and the texture of the aft engine exhaust are exactly the same...

---

EDIT:

Take a look at these two, one is a screenshot of the CLS DC-10 on my PC, the other is this 'new' one...

http://i.imgur.com/GIKKzmk.jpg

http://abload.de/img/fs-2014-feb-23-025tmu6e.jpg

Please compare things like the window frames, and the window blind position between the two models. It also has the same texture glitch on the bottom of the nose cone where the mapping stretches.

I know there was some original content being created for a DC-10, but this certainly doesn't appear to be it...

Edited by Jordi Blumberg

Jordi Blumberg

I know I'm probably going to get taken to a dark room and beaten for saying this, but I'm noticing some similarities there to the CLS DC-10...by that I mean its 'identical'.

Yeah, I thought the same thing.

John

The texturing looks better doesn't it?

I looked at the picture comparisons, and I agree with Jordi. Best case would be that the CLS textures are being "borrowed". I highly doubt that the widow shade positions between the two models would end up being the same out of pure chance. Worst case would be that it is the CLS model. Given the fact that the texture anomaly in the area of the lower nose area is identical as an experienced modeler I'd vote for the latter.

The facebook page got taken over by a bad "business partner" and deleted since he was unable to deliver content without me (I'm the only one working on the aircraft, he was only "managing" PR)

In fact the project is still going on and I've just finalized the exterior model after 10 months of work. Moving onto the VC now

Here are some shots I took yesterday of the models (yes all variants are done) inside the sim

Interesting, any AA liveries? I personally use 'bare metal' textures as a quality benchmark.

There is that freeware dc-10 which is pretty good it just needs better VC textures. I have no idea on how to make HD textures otherwise I'd do it

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Is this still alive? I would love to see a good DC-10.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Same here.  I don't know why nobody wants to build a high quality DC-10 for FSX and FS9.  I have the CLS version, and as dated as the VC is, I still fly it regularly.  The DC-10 is my favorite airplane.

I must have missed this thread back in Feb.  Looks like Lazaro removed the pics he originally posted.  I wanted to see how they compare to Jordi's shots of the CLS version.  Lazaro also haven't returned to comment about the similarities people are noticing the exterior model.  Hmmmm....... 

Same here.  I don't know why nobody wants to build a high quality DC-10 for FSX and FS9.  I have the CLS version, and as dated as the VC is, I still fly it regularly.  The DC-10 is my favorite airplane.

I must have missed this thread back in Feb.  Looks like Lazaro removed the pics he originally posted.  I wanted to see how they compare to Jordi's shots of the CLS version.  Lazaro also haven't returned to comment about the similarities people are noticing the exterior model.  Hmmmm....... 

What is your opinion of the CLS DC-10 and its flight characteristics? I have the ISG Fmc installed but although I have it I feel it handles like a toy. 

I quickly move to the MD-11 after flying 10 minutes or so with it haha :lol: .

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

What is your opinion of the CLS DC-10 and its flight characteristics? I have the ISG Fmc installed but although I have it I feel it handles like a toy. 

I quickly move to the MD-11 after flying 10 minutes or so with it haha :lol: .

He he.  Yeah, it's an "F-lite" model.  I do find that it handles better than default aircraft.  It's one of my favorite one to fly when I just want to chill and have fun.  It is very easy to handle, but one thing I enjoy about the heavies from CLS, is that you really get the feel that the aircraft is heavy.  However, the DC-10 display this characteristic the least out of all their heavies.  It's most prominent on their A345/6 series.

I really like the external model and all the different liveries.  I also purchased the livery upgrade.  This plane looks great with my enb settings, and, combined with the TSS sound pack, this is as good as it gets for a DC-10 right now :lol: .

I'm not sure if you you flew it in FS9 or FSX, but there are differences between the two that makes the FS9 version so much better, imo.  The FSX version has serious VC window tinting.  It was by far the worst I've experienced.  Glad CLS gave us a file to clear it up.  The next issue is the transparency problems on some of the gauges and polygons not lining up where you can see through the VC if you zoom in close enough.  It was quite clear that the add on was designed for FS9 and the port didn't go as smooth.

I'm guessing you're flying the PMDG MD-11? 

I absolutely love that plane.  I have it for both FS9 and FSX.  She's the one that gets the most play time out of all my airplanes :lol: .