Sign in to follow this  
tsa737

FTX Vector Worthy of Purchasing?

I bought FTX Global and love the enhancement. I would be interested in hearing from users if the FTX Vector software worthwhile to add for enhanced scenery.

Thanks.

Rob

I'm on the same boat.  I have UTX USA and UTX Europe and mainly only fly there....does Vector add anything for me?  How much of an improvement is it in South America?

I had UTX, and dropped it to install Vector.  Love it.  FTX Landclass will be an even bigger improvement.

There is as lot of negative comment in Avsim mainly from people who don't have Ftx Vector. I purchased it, and it was much better than I expected. Best thing about Orbx, they continously update their products. I believe they're going to release 1.1 version soon with new configuration tool included. Coupled with Ftx Global, it's a big upgrade on default.

I went the other way. I had Vector and uninstalled it for UTX. Too many elevation issues in the area where I fly (Toronto). Also no control panel so you can't customize what Vector displays (highways vs roads, etc). Vector 1.1 is supposed to fix both so I may go back when it's released.

I heard there's a ton of elevation issues with Vector presently which is why I'm sticking with UTX for now... Leave my elevations alone if your going to break them!

Chris Camp

I just purchased it a few weeks ago, honestly, I cannot remember an add-on that so completely changed FSX. The night lighting alone is just superb, I could'nt fly without it now to be honest!

What about all the elevation and airport on plateaus and in holes issues?

Vector is the only product I know that changes default elevations and it's been officially mentioned you mandatory need FS Global mesh or an equivalent to prevent elevation issues with Vector.

Chris Camp

What about all the elevation and airport on plateaus and in holes issues?

Vector is the only product I know that changes default elevations and it's been officially mentioned you mandatory need FS Global mesh or an equivalent to prevent elevation issues with Vector.

Even with FS Global 2010 FTX Edition I was still getting elevation issues and plateaus. Hopefully they get it straightened out in the 1.10 patch.

I just purchased it a few weeks ago, honestly, I cannot remember an add-on that so completely changed FSX. The night lighting alone is just superb, I could'nt fly without it now to be honest!

I thought it was Global which provided the night lighting?

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

Uncle_adolph,

Yes, but all the roads that Vector adds gives Global all sorts of places to add those nice new lights and it really transforms the night environment. Being able to clearly pick out the Dan Ryan Expy while shooting a night approach into MDW was the moment I realized just how pleased with the purchase I was. I'm also getting better frames than I had with UTX, it seems the lights used with Global are perhaps better optimized, the framerate difference is small but still noticable on my mid-range PC.