Sign in to follow this  
PapaRomeo

Please recommend a 737 for me

I have to say something...

I did search the net over and over again for another 737.

I have spend many many hours looking for good payware.

But every time I found something interesting, things I wanted where just not present. THAT was because I already had the PMDG 737, so it should be something special.

There were some good 727, but they look to old for me.

I went to captain sim that could provide lots of different products, that looked very very good. So I searched the net, looking at videos, reading forums.

Came to the conclusion performance regarding fps, just wasn't better than 737ngx. I mostly studied the 767 and 777.

I even took a look at the Aerosoft Airbus Extended. Perhaps THAT was something I would actually buy.

I thank all posting suggestions in this thread. But I have come to the conclusion that the PMDG 737NGX just fills what I need now.

I have spend a lot of time tweaking FSX, for the 737NGX, and I am close to something decent now. I simply forgot how awesome that aircraft is.

Does anyone have the Airbus Extended, and if... possibly tell me how it runs in term of FPS compared to the 737NGX?

Thanks all, and I will probably be back with questions about flight planning.

Happy flying :-)

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

I have both and on my specs airbus x extended is 2-3 FPS better, both staying over 30 FPS most of time with many many visual enhancement addons and almost max settings except autogen (very dense) & shadows (off)

But I did not killed my cfg with pointless so called tweaks and use only 2-3 actually working

One more thing - remember that airbus x is not as deep system wise and also it is totally different thing so new learning curve. Master PMDG first if you already have it than take on airbus. Worked for me

1. You choose sim (FS2004/FSX/x-plane)

2. Enter departure icao

3. Enter arrival icao

4. Choose appropriate AIRAC cycle (for PMDG default is 1108)

5. Choose aircraft type

6. Choose unit of measure

7. Choose if you want to use low/high routing, Tacan/NAT and so on

8. Press create, and you will get the list with VOR frequencies, airways - full route.

Than press download and you'll get route in 4 formats, among them .pln is for ATC (default) and .rte is for fmc (put it to PMDG flight plan folder, than load in game to fmc)

You can also use fuel planner - pretty accurate

thankyou! should be a real time saver.

Vic green

I understand that your problem is programming the FMC, but although  it is not realistic, it is not necessary to program the FMC at all to fly the PMDG NGX. You can fly  only by hand if you wish. The autopilot can be used to control altitude, speed and heading without using the FMC and it is not difficult to learn how to use it. With the autopilot on, just press on speed to hold speed, press alt to hold altitude, press hdg to hold  a heading, and press chg alt to go to a predefined altitude. Press appr to grab a glideslope (after programming the ILS frequency below the throttles), and it will land itself except for the speed which  in this case you have to control yourself (you should be OK if you land at a speed of about 150 knots). If you need a moving map like the GPS would give you, you can use Plan G or FSCommander in a separate window, or if you have an Ipad, an app like FSX Follow which  shows a moving map on the Ipad.

Have fun.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

Well... I am no pro when it comes to FSX but I think that in 737ng good programming makes your life much easier

Virtual crew. Read about voice edition on fs2crew homepage and check YouTube. This is much more realistic way to fly a jet and easier and more immersive in the meantime

I understand that your problem is programming the FMC, but although it is not realistic, it is not necessary to program the FMC at all to fly the PMDG NGX. You can fly only by hand if you wish. The autopilot can be used to control altitude, speed and heading without using the FMC and it is not difficult to learn how to use it. With the autopilot on, just press on speed to hold speed, press alt to hold altitude, press hdg to hold a heading, and press chg alt to go to a predefined altitude. Press appr to grab a glideslope (after programming the ILS frequency below the throttles), and it will land itself except for the speed which in this case you have to control yourself (you should be OK if you land at a speed of about 150 knots). If you need a moving map like the GPS would give you, you can use Plan G or FSCommander in a separate window, or if you have an Ipad, an app like FSX Follow which shows a moving map on the Ipad.

Have fun.

Henri

Like what was said below your post using the FMC makes life allot easier if you want get from airport to airport. Now for GA circut practice your option is great. Problem is who does that with an NG unless your test flying out of Boeing Field in Washington or performing in an airshow? Learn to use the tools present in these great airliners and your life will be easier plus the satisfaction of knowing how it's really done is huge...

Virtual crew. Read about voice edition on fs2crew homepage and check YouTube. This is much more realistic way to fly a jet and easier and more immersive in the meantime

I'd go for the 'Button' version so people in the house don't think your crazy (they already do because your using FS but let's not make the problem worse unless you live alone)...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Like what was said below your post using the FMC makes life allot easier if you want get from airport to airport. Now for GA circut practice your option is great. Problem is who does that with an NG unless your test flying out of Boeing Field in Washington or performing in an airshow? Learn to use the tools present in these great airliners and your life will be easier plus the satisfaction of knowing how it's really done is huge...

I'd go for the 'Button' version so people in the house don't think your crazy (they already do because your using FS but let's not make the problem worse unless you live alone)...

My issue with button version (have both packages because my gf bought Airbus and PMDG bundle for me for Christmas) and tbh I cannot see any use for button version. Button ATC, button crew, button everything... this is immersion killer to me. And there is nothing best than Emergency NGX package voice controlled - my favourite :) 

If you want to increase immersion you can't care too much what others will think about it. 

But TBH noone told me he thinks I'm crazy - they always say it is great feature. 

My issue with button version (have both packages because my gf bought Airbus and PMDG bundle for me for Christmas) and tbh I cannot see any use for button version. Button ATC, button crew, button everything... this is immersion killer to me. And there is nothing best than Emergency NGX package voice controlled - my favourite :) 

If you want to increase immersion you can't care too much what others will think about it. 

But TBH noone told me he thinks I'm crazy - they always say it is great feature.

If your girlfriend bought you FS anything your in a better place than most of us. I'll stick with the button version...

FS2020 

Haha ok maybe I am :) she supports me fully as she knows I wanted to be real world pilot but got a different job to help earning for our life sooner than later. I think in Poland making a living on being a pilot is a long way to go. 

Anyway - I moved my PC out of bedroom just not to use her good attitude too much :) 

Haha ok maybe I am :) she supports me fully as she knows I wanted to be real world pilot but got a different job to help earning for our life sooner than later. I think in Poland making a living on being a pilot is a long way to go.

Anyway - I moved my PC out of bedroom just not to use her good attitude too much :)

Not to go off topic but are you saying pilot salary sucks as well in Poland? Is there anyone looking at quality of service when tasked with safely flying people 30,000ft in the air?

FS2020 

I do sometimes get rolling eyes from my better half.

Especially when switching things on and off with all my Saitek gear.

I tried to explain all the different switches, but she doesn't even want to know about the different light switches :-)

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD