Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

An Interesting Future for Outerra

WOW!

These are some fantastic shots shown and linked to here in #415 and #416!

Looking absolutely super fantastic - sorry for maybe exaggerating here a bit, but i am just really getting more and excited about the great progress that has been achieved around Outerra over the last couple of months ...

Now let's imagine how great all this can potentially look like rather sooner than later now, if this progress goes on in such a continuous manner!

Truely fantastic!

Superb engine, superb plane.
So kind of Manfred Jahn, Daniel Fuernkaess, Alexander M. Metzger and Hansjoerg Naegele to give the permission for the conversion. ^_^  

Secondary Update:

Version 0.8.2.4725

• fixed first person mode (key 8 - mercenary)
  • script: model/world space bool switch for velocity() call in vehicle
  • global keys working in map modes again
  • fixed object rendering in sandbox & map overlay mode
  • fixed videomaker crash at end

Note that if you combine map overlay and sandbox, you can click on map buttons with right mouse button - the left one is eaten by the sandbox.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

There was some confusion a bit ago as to whether new people have joined the Outerra team. I posted why I believed the answer to that question was yes, and now it seems we have a bit more confirmation. Note that Cameni says that these new developers are currently on a probation period, and that we should be hearing more from them afterward.

Just as important is the information that they are looking for more developers to work in their Bratislava/Slovakia office.

I think this is great news, and can only hope this points to even more acceleration in Outerras growth! Cheers.  :smile:

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2771.0;topicseen

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I think this is great news, and can only hope this points to even more acceleration in Outerras growth!

Great news indeed!

Note the new tree density. He might want to expand the distance a bit if his computer can handle it, to avoid pop-up.

More of these "Yeeeeee-hawww!!!" thrill-ride type videos keep popping up as people realize that Oculus and Outera belong together.  ^_^

Devons rig

I know we are Outerra supporters here, but I think Dovetail made a good choice. I would love to see something made right with the FSX engine. P3D did that, but the price is just too steep for casual users.

Also, if any company decides to make a Fligh Sim out of Outerra, it will face a healthier competition and be motivated to push the envelope even more than it would if it just tried to surpass the outdated FSX engine or the more current-gen XPlane engine. 

Note the new tree density. He might want to expand the distance a bit if his computer can handle it, to avoid pop-up.

More of these "Yeeeeee-hawww!!!" thrill-ride type videos keep popping up as people realize that Oculus and Outera belong together.  ^_^

This Awesome!

Super cool and absolutely brilliant!

WOW!!!!!

I feel sorry for Dovetail:

http://www.dovetailgames.com/news/2014/jul/9/dovetail-games-licensing-deal-with-microsoft-takes-flight

Instead of investing in an outdated engine they could have gone with Outerra. For me FSX looks like a cartoon. Even worse, flickering with broken AA.

... well, personally speaking, i am not sure in regards to Dovetail and flightsimming as Dovetails portfolio appears to be okay - but - is it really convincing enough for a versatile, immersive and realistic future flightsim? Well i remain hoping, but have some serious doubts and i therefore think that as by now the Outerra developers should continue with their great work and build it all from scratch as they have done so far.

A complete new flightsim built upon the engine of Outerra is the best way to go i think as there will be:

... no need to take care of any backwards compatibility-issues, outdated graphics, no "out of memory errors" (once Outerra goes 64bit) and much, much more ...

Furthermore i think that a complete new engine and new brand/name such as Outerra in the context of flightsiming, which is able to convince current and potential future users, may even help a lot to raise the interest i flightsimming again on a broader base as it would maybe overcome the somewhat "duested" image that flightsimming often has.

Only my 2 cents here for now.

Huge things from Project Airbus - YES!ijxgB5j1q9GYT.jpg

Also, the Ilyushin Il-14P is released!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/454x04ctoyna45q/Ilyushin_Il14P.Levi.otx

Nice!

Update

(July 14, 2014)

• Ilyushin Il-14P released.
  • Few mesh optimizations.
  • Mesh tessellation where I considered necessary. See Before and After comparison, Here.
  • Normal and specular maps created from base textures.
  • Brand new 3D gauges/instruments.
  • And more...

Some features:

- 9 different liveries.

- Animated flight control system.

- Animated landing gear.

- Animated prop blades (blade-angle).

- Animated engine cowl flaps depending on RPM.

- Most of the instruments are working. e.g. Fuel content indicators; Landing gear position indicators&LEDs; Gyroscopes, etc...

- See all the features in the video below.

Note1: To reach higher altitudes, keep your eyes on the RPM indicator and adjust the mixture to maintain high RPMs.

Note2: Keep your FOV around 80º to prevent instrumentation vanishing. I think Oculus Rift users will have problems with this sad.gif

Devons rig

Nice, will certainly be checking that out! Good to see progress, must admit the trees look great, just had a look. I noticed that the terrain definition is lowered if you look away from it and takes a second to load back in when you look again, looks pretty bad tbh..

Nice, will certainly be checking that out! Good to see progress, must admit the trees look great, just had a look. I noticed that the terrain definition is lowered if you look away from it and takes a second to load back in when you look again, looks pretty bad tbh..

Honestly that has more than a bit to do with the synergy between you computer, your graphics card and your settings. Outerra tends to only display what you are actually looking at, at any given moment. If you are pushing your system, you are a bit more likely to see something like that.

I can see similar things when rapidly switching views in FSX, ie, no textures, then super low quality textures, then slowly the scene builds.

Devons rig

the terrain definition is lowered if you look away from it and takes a second to load back in when you look again

You can tweek the terrain setting to prioritise the trrain loading. I asked Cameni (the developer) about it and he said that was done on purpose and can be twaked. It was the first time I heard somebody not blaming it to the PC of the one who had the problem. :huh:

Yeah, when I recorded, I lowered the terrain settings to maintain reasonable frames. I had some isues recording, like the audio did not sync with the video...

Also my PC is a bit outdated.

Anyways, glad you like it :)