Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

An Interesting Future for Outerra

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Outerra is getting better and better with every release. Lets hope they are able to make a FS prototype and go to kickstarter. My money is reserved already!

Have they said anything else about the Kickstarter campaign?

No they bought the Flightsimulation franchaise and will include the FLIGHT! flight model and the FSX data into the Outerra engine.

Let's Keep on dreaming!

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Not that I've heard. There's a lot of work still needed to be done. Lighting, clouds and water for a few.

We've seen the clouds but they're not released.

We've seen the lighting and its not released.

The rivers and streams are still not implemented....

I think they want to have things a bit more complete before going so far as a Kickstarter.

Things I would like to see:

More natural earth tones, grass colors.

Higher resolution mesh I think would be a real eye-opener, which hopefully helps lead to......

Slightly less granulation/Lumpiness, I think its sometimes a bit overdone.

Better and more consistent shadows Etc etc.....

The good thing is that it seems like progress is a lot steadier and faster recently, and that's encouraging.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The thing about Kickstarter is that at the momment they do not have any gameplay to show.

People on Kickstarter must be motivated to donate, and right now, only people who understand the engine`s potentioal are bothered to keep an eye on it.

Yes it is certainly nice to see progress continuing rather faster now and I for one read all your welcome updates HiFlyer.

Playing with tree density in the new build. I can't wait for clouds, rivers, etc. Already its one of the most natural feeling environments I've ever seen. The thought of Flying through it over airports and cities (among other possible activities) Is pretty exciting.

screen_1402942839_zpsf1ec4095.jpg

screen_1402942894_zps8c2afe25.jpg

screen_1402942880_zpsa764224f.jpg

screen_1402942861_zpsd0ef3f90.jpg

screen_1402942819_zps4226a90e.jpg

screen_1402943022_zps5d1daa9b.jpg

Devons rig

It weather being written to accurately depict weather, eg winds, clouds holding rain, whatever...

I can barely imagine how they are going to handle weather in an engine that allows you to reach orbit and then swoosh to the other side of the planet in seconds.........

I can think of ways to approach the problem, but either way you slice it, its probably going to be a beast.

Devons rig

Playing with tree density in the new build. I can't wait for clouds, rivers, etc. Already its one of the most natural feeling environments I've ever seen. The thought of Flying through it over airports and cities (among other possible activities) Is pretty exciting.

screen_1402942839_zpsf1ec4095.jpg

screen_1402942894_zps8c2afe25.jpg

screen_1402942880_zpsa764224f.jpg

screen_1402942861_zpsd0ef3f90.jpg

screen_1402942819_zps4226a90e.jpg

screen_1402943022_zps5d1daa9b.jpg

Now that looks great!

Thank You very much again for the continuous updates here!

Its interesting to note that Outerra already has variable snowfall to the extent that you can adjust the snowline manually (if you dare)

When some suitably snowy trees are added, it should be fun!!

From Cameni:

You can head over to world.cfg and find this:

virtelev =  (virtual_elevation) {
   virtelev =  (float2) {
      x = 3500.0,
      y = 0.0
   },
   virtcurv = 5000.0,
   snowmin = 4900.0,
   snowsat = 6000.0
}

Snow is generated from snowmin elevation, full snow is at snowsat elevation. The elevation is virtual, equals the real one only at the equator normalized on the equator, and with rising latitude it gets higher by virtelev.x*cos(lat) + virtelev.y*cos^2(lat)

To make it work with day of year, we have to use virtual latitude, taking the current inclination angle into the account.

From Forum user M7

37X4RNL_zps7f6314ce.jpg

Devons rig

That snowy image looks amazing, thanks for the updates!!

Best, Michael

KDFW

That snowy image looks amazing, thanks for the updates!!

+1

Indeed:

Really looking super!