Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

An Interesting Future for Outerra

HiFlyer are those waves moving? I need to update and fire it up then. Haven't used it for months. Where was

this sea shot taken with what settings?

Yes, they said also a Linux version to be in the works. Seems we only need global airports to get

a new flightsim to take off...

Yes, the waves are moving, they always have. Here are the photos of the only settings I've changed. And lets try an experiment as well! The two location pictures at the end should also carry location information (providing nothing garbles it (like coming to you with Photobucket as the middleman) you should be able to take the picture and drop it on top of you Outerra EXE and the program will load up with you at that location. Lets give it a shot!!

Nope, doesn't work, something along the line compresses the picture and the position info is lost.

Here are the coordinates: LAT +33 45'35.899 LON -118 10'57.900

For those that don't already have it, I suggest the full dataset download so you no longer have to wait for the world to load. http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2396.0

For those who have actually purchased the tech demo: There are user-made planes out now and in the works as well as cars, buildings and etc that can be found at various locations on the site.

Out Now

Ilyushin Il-14P:  http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2753.0

Basler Turbo BT-67: http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2539.0

In Progress

Boeing 727-200: http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2726.0

Clipboard01_zps18178edd.jpg

Clipboard04_zpsc2163c2f.jpg

Clipboard10_zpscf0d7be7.jpg

Clipboard07_zps032083fd.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Ooh moving waves...haven't seen such in X-Plane nor FS9. In FSX only from above? Thanks for the infos, so I'll check it out tomorrow.

Ooh moving waves...haven't seen such in X-Plane nor FS9. In FSX only from above? Thanks for the infos, so I'll check it out tomorrow.

There were waves in FSX, but they were just 2D textures moving along the shorelines.

Outerra waves are actual 3D waves. (The water actually "swells")

Another thing on the horizon; Full scenery self shadowing.

jbeiPFF4JkfT6Q_zps7fb3e54d.jpg

jbJSvYWrDygsa_zpsfa69d3b2.jpg

jbeDFCSUyHn42F_zps994c539e.jpg

jpW5JagJhgLIk_zps9fbeb0f0.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Each update is bringing this platform closer a simmers dream, I'm looking forward to seeing the developers simulate trees blooming in drier climate and palm trees swaying in the wind by the beaches. All in due time I guess! All in due time.

Keep up the great work guys.

Have they released a major graphics update recently? Outerra looks better than ever!

They actually had a spurt of updates. I've been posting them here as they happen.

Devons rig

Outerra is simply gorgeous and I too dream the day that it will morph into a complete modern flight sim.

One thing I'm curious is that why there are no cities, towns, roads etc in Outerra still. To put it simply, why they haven't at least overlaid Outerra using some real world map to make it look like present real world. I guess I'm kind of naive here since I know next to nothing technically, but aren't those datasets of roads, towns, land classes are publicly available and have been used in FSX etc for years? If so why can't Outerra do the similar thing. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Wow man Outerra devs need to start working on a flight sim. This just blows fsx, p3d and x-plane out of the water. No competition at all. Imagine these graphics in a procedural city with moving traffic and 3d volumetric clouds. Dayum !!

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Come on guys lets get behind this its $15 for the software less than 99% of addons and you never know this could be the future of flight sims but it'll fail if we dont help them out with a little $$$

It is *NOT* up to consumers to finance companies to get them a head start. It is up to companies to get a loan from a bank and finance themselves. Let their desire to come forth with a great concept and deliver a version 1.0 come from their heart and soul, not from us. We have no authority over them, we cant make them work everyday, we cant even make them deliver a product, but if they are motivated by anything, it will be to avoid the bank taking their home. This is the way it needs to be, so we can get a quality product from developers and not a bunch of excuses as to why we have to wait 10 years for version 00.3323!!!

It is *NOT* up to consumers to finance companies to get them a head start. It is up to companies to get a loan from a bank and finance themselves. Let their desire to come forth with a great concept and deliver a version 1.0 come from their heart and soul, not from us. We have no authority over them, we cant make them work everyday, we cant even make them deliver a product, but if they are motivated by anything, it will be to avoid the bank taking their home. This is the way it needs to be, so we can get a quality product from developers and not a bunch of excuses as to why we have to wait 10 years for version 00.3323!!!

I'm a finance major and I can honestly tell you there is no way I would loan a flightsim company money the market is to small and the margins to low. Consumer funding is the only way to move forward in this market.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I'm a finance major and I can honestly tell you there is no way I would loan a flightsim company money the market is to small and the margins to low. Consumer funding is the only way to move forward in this market.

I doubt that! I think that the next gen engine could be a cash cow!

Imagine what you could do with it:

1. You could make a “full scope” sim for us enthusiast!  O.K. this is not a huge market, BUT:

2. You could make several training device for commercial purposes (Yes I think in times of budget savings simulation will be much more relevant for Armys, Police, Firefighters, Airlines, Flight schools and Flying clubs, etc all over the world)

3. You could break the world in parts and make a “Airliners Europe”-Game for 29 $ over at Steam

4. You could break the world in parts and make a “Airliners America”-Game for 29 $ over at Steam

5. You could break the world in parts and make a “Airliners Asia”-Game for 29 $ over at Steam

6. You could break the world in parts and make a “GA Europe”-Game for 29 $ over at Steam

7. You could break the world in parts and make a “GA America”-Game for 29 $ over at Steam

8. You could break the world in parts and make a “GA Asia”-Game for 29 $ over at Steam

9. You could break the world in parts and make a “Fighter war game”-Game for 29 $ over at Steam

10. You could break the world in parts and make a “Helicopter war game”-Game for 29 $ over at Steam

11. You could make a Disney “Planes”-Game for 29 $ over at Steam

12. You could make a “Bea/Bird-Simulator”-Game with a very small but detailed area for all the little girls at 29 $ at Steam

13. You could make a “Airline Editions” (include the fleet and their hubs) and sell it to the Airlines so that they can distribute it to their customers (or frequent flyers).

The market is not small! It is as small as you draw the line!

Look at DoveTail and their FSX-Deal! I hope they are smart, team up with some FSX-addon-developers (include their written off content) and cover the no. 3 to 10.

All of this works on the same basis. And with some money from Steam and some orders from professional users I am sure the business would be running.

AND: Imagine a Simulator with an app-store for addons that are installed with one mouse click (aircrafts, repaints and scenery alike)! Revolutionary isn’t it? Just like the Mac-System.

Yes I know that most „serious“ simmers don’t like this but most serious computer freaks don’t like apple for their closed system. Nevertheless apple is very successful because it is easy to use.

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Getting back on the topic, before anyone mentions the letters "VS", thats some good looking terrain shadows, but it still needs some work. It seems that generated rock structures don`t cast shadows yet.

How is fps in its current state? I seem to remember it was already difficult to get everything moving smooth but I might be mistaken. If things are hard on the hardware already, what will happen when cities and everything else will be added?

Anyway, am I right that it is possible to buy this tech demo and actually fly in it...? What exactly do I need to get going? Outerra and Anteworld or something like that...? Is that Cessna included?