Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Lockheed Releases P3D V2.1

still "Validating install" with progress crawling, but not much drive activity.

It's possible my core P3D2 files are in a ram cache.  look for PrimoCache.  It works great, and is in beta, so it's free for now.  I'm running that with Intel Rapid Storage Technology RAM caching, but PrimoCache works almost just as well on it's own, and can cache more than one drive, which is why I use it with RST.

Completed Setup!  

Checking "Allow always" in McAffee firewall (Free for ATT Uverse victims)

I'm also starting ASN, because I'm a dreamer.  Now starting P3D2.1

I had a long delay while it was computing space requirements! Hitting Task Manager showed it MS Security Essentials doing a scam of the .MSP file. It eventually came through clean and finished up it's work.

I never ran into too many problems v2.0, other than the tree-thing and the FSDT Hawai'i airport. Didn't see the trees morph into anything strange during a 45 min flight around Hilo, Hawai'i, but FSDT Hilo and it's FS2002 scenery design technique still looks bad in P3D2.1.

Note to Rob A., you'll probably need to edit the XML files or reinstall the Addon Manager, as I wouldn't be surprised if P3D took them back to default?

Validating install...

Prepar3d was unable to load programs files and will now exit. Please reinstall Prepar3D to restore or repair the program installation.

Prepar3d was unable to load programs files and will now exit. Please reinstall Prepar3D to restore or repair the program installation.

Aint that always the case?

Now is that with the updater or the full (re)-installer?

Very long time checking space requirements...then validating....very short time patching!

Now running fine, except I can't type into pop-up windows.

Cheers

Keith

Note to Rob A., you'll probably need to edit the XML files or reinstall the Addon Manager, as I wouldn't be surprised if P3D took them back to default?

No the DLL.XML and EXE.XML were not adjusted with the patch install - first place I looked.   Anyone else got the Virtuali suite working?

EDIT: The message is actually the Add-On Manager (Virtuali) so it's not specific to LM or LM doing anything specific to Virtuali.

I also only see the very top of the "continue flying" button...

My very first Impression is that even though smoothness has improved, fps have actually decreased. Not a huge problem with P3D2 native Add-ons but for example the Aerosoft Airbus now is not usable anymore... Too bad. I had actually hoped for a performance increase even with the old Add-ons...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

It seems that the issue with bgl_light lights (approach, taxi, runway lights etc.) has not been resolved.

vidan_design_logo_200.png

Looks like the Window lock problem still exists (aka knob/switches mouse click issue), thought that was fixed?

<Section Name="Window.1">
            <Property Name="Order" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="Active" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="Undocked" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="Maximized" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="Locked" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="ScreenUniCoords" Value="0, 0, 8191, 6143" />
            <Property Name="UndocCoords" Value="0, 0, 0, 0" />
            <Property Name="Title" Value="Virtual Cockpit - View 00" />
            <Property Name="CurrentCamera" Value="{C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}" />
        </Section>

Should be "False" when saving a flight ... no?

Hmmm ... maybe I'll have to do a complete wipe and re-install using the full 2.1 installer ... this patch doesn't seem to be liking me.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          2/11/2014 4:10:11 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Rob-Main
Description:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 2.1.9936.0, time stamp: 0x52f8e8f3
Faulting module name: d3dcsx_43.dll, version: 9.29.952.3111, time stamp: 0x4bf731e5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000f9919
Faulting process id: 0x1e20
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf2786b6d995a9
Faulting application path: V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\d3dcsx_43.dll
Report Id: 0979806a-937a-11e3-8599-c86000138c63
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-02-12T00:10:11.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>215921</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Rob-Main</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>2.1.9936.0</Data>
    <Data>52f8e8f3</Data>
    <Data>d3dcsx_43.dll</Data>
    <Data>9.29.952.3111</Data>
    <Data>4bf731e5</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>000f9919</Data>
    <Data>1e20</Data>
    <Data>01cf2786b6d995a9</Data>
    <Data>V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\system32\d3dcsx_43.dll</Data>
    <Data>0979806a-937a-11e3-8599-c86000138c63</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

No the DLL.XML and EXE.XML were not adjusted with the patch install - first place I looked.  LM seems to detect their attempt to run and is hard coded to disable them. If I set Couatl Disable=True and  bglmanx.dll Disable=True then I don't get the message.  So it appears to be something LM specifically added to prevent Virtuali stuff from loading -- at least on my system anyway.  Anyone else got the Virtuali suite working?

Soemone else had this problem in the LM forum...quote:

It works forever and then exits with the error message:

"Prepar3d was unable to load some program files and will now exit. Please reinstall Prepar3d to restore or repair the program installation."

So here is what the patch actually does (and why it fails if you don't have the standard installation path):

1. It checks for your current installation path.

2. It verifies which files are stored in your current installation path.

3. It then completely ignores your current installation path and installs the patched files into the standard folder anyway.

4. It then proceeds to change your correct installation path in the registry to the new, broken path where only half of the files exist.

5. Just for kicks it also changes the Prepar3d shortcut on your desktop to the new, completely broken Prepared.exe installation.

Here is how you can manually fix it:

1. Copy all the files from the new, broken installation path into your old installation.

2. Go into the registry and change the path back to the old installation path.

3. Change the shortcut on your desktop to the old installation Prepar3d.exe

Also, a note from Adam Breed....note: if you have third party scenery, this step will wipe out the necessary files for it to work.

For the best possible patching result, it is strongly recommended that you delete the generated Prepar3D files/content found at:

• %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

These are not manually deleted during the patch. Not deleting these during the patching process gives users the most flexibility, but if you notice any issues it is recommended you delete them

It is entirely possible that if you've added a bunch of tweaks, you may have to restore P3Dv2.1 to an "out of the installer" condition and see how it runs... :ph34r:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I am installing now onto a fresh install of v2. No tweaks, all default except for quality adjustments within p3d.

Bob

Agree gents, think the best approach here is a fresh install and remove everything prior.

EDIT:  I'll check back in a few weeks ...  :Peace: