Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

NTSB just went to the southern most point on arc assuming it didnt change course and maintained high altitude....Think about that for a sec after you look at http://www.mh370shadow.com. How a logical rational person can conclude this is the most likely scenario I have no idea

Let me speculate a bit here.

My guess is they (NTSB, FBI, Those at the Pentagon directing U.S. assests) are privy to information that we are not.

That... and the decades of training & experience they have, etc... a highly experienced think tank (if you will)... not just one person pushing what they believe based on what has been reported in the media.

• Upvote 1

Boeing has Multiple outboard Sensor's... The two sensor's that Bothers me is the One on the rear of the plane and One on the Nose

of the plane... The rear sensor will ping a signal if it hits salt water.. The nose sensor will

ping if a high speed nose down velocity was breached......Boeing is very concerned that the two independent units did not do what it was designed to do. 

I can't get this out of my head... This plane is too smart....  

I explained it to my wife as, "Hypoxia switches off parts of the brain, and you don't know it's happening. You think everything is fine."  Check out some of the YouTube videos showing its effects.

Indeed. Just look what I posted in this thread before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpLi67NdD4w

I'm also still in favour for the hypoxia theory. But meanwhile I changed my mind and I threw over my pilot suicide theory.

Now imagine the following:

an overheated nose wheel after take off and retraction causes a fire in the nose wheel well which in turn causes a smouldering fire / fire in the avionics bay. This gradually caused several systems to stop working properly, starting with the ACARS transmissions for example. It also affected the transponder and COMM radios, and by the time the crew got the attention of a fire situation they were already unable to transmit any emergency via transponder or by radio calls. So they decided to head westbound to try to land at WMKL - Langkawi Airport. But they never managed to descent porperly and on time since the fire also destroyed the electronics for cabin pressurization and the oxygen system. The result was a drop of cabin pressure while the oxygen system wasn't working. That would mean they were doomed. All persons onboard. Due to a beginning hypoxia the cockpit crew wasn't able to set the auto pilot or flight managament system properly. Maybe some weird entries and settings, with the result that the airplane was flying to somewhere after everyone onboard died due to hypoxia. The airplane continued to fly until the tanks ran out of fuel...

That... and the decades of training & experience they have, etc... a highly experienced think tank (if you will)... not just one person pushing what they believe based on what has been reported in the media.

Then why are they so secretive about releasing facts?? When they released all the other information...One could conclude possibly it's not that great 

Apologies if I missed this early, but is anyone able to identify the airport shown on the pilot's home sim?

96KUZEV.jpg

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Wow, from that video the onset of hypoxia was very fast. I also tend to strongly lean towards the disappearance of this plane as being a very bizarre accident, and not the act of terrorism or suicide. 

Indeed. Just look what I posted in this thread before:

Ah, that brings memories.....(sort of)....I did a chamber run wiht the RAAF at Amberley Air Force base back in the early 90's. That was an eye opener. I do recall getting stuck in the test when I could not draw a 5 pointed star, my maths failed on the second page when I got 2+2 wrong and my drawing of a clover leaf looked like a lightning storm!!!

Everything was getting darker and darker, and I had a very tiredsome feeling, very sleepy. When the oxy mask went back on it was like someone had turned on the lights!  room was bright again, and I had a thumping headache.

Then why are they so secretive about releasing facts?? When they released all the other information...One could conclude possibly it's not that great

Well you can conclude anything you want... witness the speculation on all these forums.  That is what happens when you let speculation drive theories rather than letting facts drive the investigation.

My "guess" about this "secretive" business... much has to do with how the investigation is being handled by Malaysian authorities.  I am not trying to speak ill of the Malaysian authorities.  They just do not have the resources or experience that e.g. the U.S. has in these matters.  Also.. I am sure the laws are quite different that speak to release of information (U.S. compared to Malaysia).  I believe it would have been handled quite a bit differently had the accident aircraft's flight originated on U.S. soil.

I also tend to strongly lean towards the disappearance of this plane as being a very bizarre accident which took out the comms, and not the act of terrorism or suicide.

Problem with that is... Boeing is saying (is being reported as saying) the transponders were manually turned off (deliberately... not something by fire etc).

• Upvote 1

The operative words there are 'reported as.' I think it is pretty apparent at this point that the veracity of the 'facts' being reported by the media and the Malaysian authorities are frequently suspect. Therefore it should be perfectly acceptable to pick and choose which facts to use in building a theory. Afterall, why should any theory have to fit today's facts when any number of those facts may be changed or retracted the next day. So there really is no need to regard what Boeing only reportedly said, and the theories of electrical fire should be allowed to run free.

Wow, from that video the onset of hypoxia was very fast. I also tend to strongly lean towards the disappearance of this plane as being a very bizarre accident, and not the act of terrorism or suicide. 

Yes. Terrorism doesn't really make sense.

Ah, that brings memories.....(sort of)....I did a chamber run wiht the RAAF at Amberley Air Force base back in the early 90's. That was an eye opener. I do recall getting stuck in the test when I could not draw a 5 pointed star, my maths failed on the second page when I got 2+2 wrong and my drawing of a clover leaf looked like a lightning storm!!!

Everything was getting darker and darker, and I had a very tiredsome feeling, very sleepy. When the oxy mask went back on it was like someone had turned on the lights!  room was bright again, and I had a thumping headache.

I wish I had the chance to experience this. Just out of curiosity.

Problem with that is... Boeing is saying (is being reported as saying) the transponders were manually turned off (deliberately... not something by fire etc).

And the problem with that is: how do they know it was deliberately turned off when the ACARS did send the last messages 14 minutes before the secondary radar contact got lost?

I think the problem is that true information, speculations and false quotes and false informations get mixed up by the media all around the world until it arrives in our living rooms via TV or internet. Today there was an aviation expert in a German television show. He said that the ACARS can only be turned off by someone from inside the avionics bay. And he was wrong since ACARS transmissions can easily be stopped by the pilot / first officer via the MFD menu in the tripple 7. Now that's a good example how half-truths and false information do the rounds via media, unintentional even by so called experts.

I'm not speculating terrorism, hijacking so forth because no evidence to support that yet

All I'm saying as pilots and looking at the released facts the plane most likely went north not south

Why do you feel the need to discredit all the facts that have been released as speculation?

Search has resumed this morning.

link to charts of areas searched:

http://www.amsa.gov.au/media/incidents/mh370-search.asp

Interesting comments:

British satellite company Inmarsat said today it had good indications flight MH370 had crashed into the Indian Ocean two days after it went missing.

The company told ABC America they had and "initial idea" on March 9 of the crash zone and the following day were "fairly certain" search and rescue efforts should concentrate on the south Indian Ocean.

The search did not move to the Indian Ocean until more than a week after the Malaysian Airlines plane disappeared.

Inmarsat shared the data with Malaysian authorities on March 12 and three days later the authorities began directing efforts to the Indian Ocean.

Inmarsat spokesman Chris McLaughlin told the BBC that the satellite data was just one piece of evidence in the search.

"No, it's not our place to be concerned," McLaughlin said. 

"Our position was we shared data and an idea that could be tested against other data with the correct authorities on the Tuesday. We can't possibly know what other data was in the investigation or what routes the Malaysian government were following."

The NTSB came up with the possible flight paths to the South....they obviously have other data that we are not aware of.

And the problem with that is: how do they know

I don't know... maybe because they (Boeing) had something to do with the manufacturing of the aircraft.

Was MH370 spotted a week ago?

I just saw an interview done by Megyn Kelly (FOX News) of Chris Mclaughlin, A Senior Vice-President w/ Inmarsat.  A snippet of that:  he said their company had come up with the arc (North and South arcs) and had supplied that arc information (based on the handshakes / pings) to the Malaysian authorities by Tuesday (11th I believe).  And what... how many days after that before the search shifted to the western Malaysia.  It was at least Thurday the 13th before I remember seeing this for the first time in the Wall Street Journal.

As far as the actual images themselves, its DigitalGlobe, from what I understand are the ones who's satellites supplied the images off of Western Australia.

Why do you feel the need to discredit all the facts that have been released as speculation?

:lol:

Is that really what you think I am doing?

I don't know... maybe because they (Boeing) had something to do with the manufacturing of the aircraft.

Without ACARS data after last secondary radar contact even they can't know whether the transponder was deliberately turned off or just stopped working I guess. Being the manufacturer does not mean the ability to take a look into a crystal ball :wink: