Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

Being the manufacturer does not mean the ability to take a look into a crystal ball :wink:

Agreed.

But it does mean the ability to speak with a certain amount of authority... unlike most of us here.

Agreed.

But it does mean the ability to speak with a certain amount of authority... unlike most of us here.

Yes. But the question is If they said that the transponder was turned off deliberately. I don't know an official statement like that from Boeing now. As you worte: they are just being reported as saying so, which doesn't mean they said so. Some sources say the transponder stopped working. Some sources say it had been turned off.

By the way, it's interesting that the position of the new possible wreckage they sighted is relatively close to the end of the southern corridor which had been assumed by satellite pings. Looks promising...

As you worte: they are just being reported as saying so, which doesn't mean they said so.

Ok.... I saw Senator Saxby Chambliss in an interview where he stated that during an intel brief "Boeing" made this statement.  Now... maybe he misunderstood... but he was quite lucid w/ respect to the above statement about the transponder.

Hence the "reported as".

I saw Senator Saxby Chambliss

And his qualifications.......  ??????????

Was that praytell on CNN?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

And his qualifications....... ??????????

Google is ur friend.

Was that praytell on CNN?

No.

Is "ur" one of the 26 countries involved in the search?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Another great point brought up by a retired RAAF pilot on Fox Mikey Kay - If the plane went south would of crossed over Indonesia and Singapore. According to him one of the busiest air traffic areas in the region. Singapore known for a great Air Defense system including radar net. Why isn't there any radar tracks of MH370 headed south? Would of flown right over that area if headed south

I just saw an interview done by Megyn Kelly (FOX News) of Chris Mclaughlin, A Senior Vice-President w/ Inmarsat.  A snippet of that:  he said their company had come up with the arc (North and South arcs) and had supplied that arc information (based on the handshakes / pings) to the Malaysian authorities by Tuesday (11th I believe).  And what... how many days after that before the search shifted to the western Malaysia.  It was at least Thurday the 13th before I remember seeing this for the first time in the Wall Street Journal.

Watched the same interview and he couldn't confirm what direction it went in. North or south

The dark spot on on the object if you look close definitely looks like the Malaysia Airline Logo, If so that would mean it's the tail. No other place on the fuselage, wings have this logo. The two things that bother me though, is the object looks rectangular and not angled like a tail would be. Also if the plane did go into the water what happened to the ELT's that are suppose to deploy one on impact (Nose) and 2 on contact of salt water (Tail)? Also interesting, with all the speculation by the media, I haven't heard them say anything about the dark spot looking like the Logo?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

And his qualifications.......  ??????????

Politician and lawyer... so he has got to say "something"...

I think it's obvious that it's not a fact yet that someone in the cockpit of flight MH370 turned off the transponder deliberately. All that is known is that the secondary radar contact got lost 14 minutes after the last ACARS message, which means nobody knows what was going on in the cockpit and the rest of the airplane. Not Boeing, not the Malaysian ATC or someone else. Especially since the cockpit voice recorder still is somewhere on the ground of the Indian Ocean. It's not even a fact yet if the aircraft climbed to 45,000 feet at all, since this assumption was made only based on radar data without altitude reporting from the transponder. Already the slightes atmospheric influence causes significant deviations of the measurement if you have no altitude reporting available from the transponder.

If it has been this much time since the Satellite images 2500 km off of Perth has been released and a search hasn't confirmed anything so far.....I am beginning to think we were looking at Icebergs in those pictures. Ice breaks off of Antarctica all the time and floats north in the currents.

Hoping they find something soon, the sun is starting to set in a few more hours.

Matthew Kane

If Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 went down in the Indian Ocean, it would likely mean that the pilots were incapacitated by a fire or other catastrophic event, and the jet was flying on autopilot, a satellite communications consultant says.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/03/20/if-mh370-jet-is-found-in-indian-ocean-it-could-mean-pilots-were-incapacitated-and-plane-was-flying-on-autopilot/

Feeling with very high certainty nothing will be ever found in the southern search area based on the known evidence to date

Just worried that too much emphasis has been placed on the southern arc. Seems people are too quick to discount/discredit the evidence which points to a northern route.

Another interesting thing I've noticed the media only shows the plane heading west at last radar contact point. When the information first came out they showed the northwest flight route up to 2:15am local time along P628. Why?? Haven't heard the northwest radar data was inaccurate. Or is someone trying to move the search in a certain direction by not displaying that evidence on the media maps anymore?

I wonder was it really necessary for the prime minister to announce the satellite findings? it could have been handled by a sub ordinate, he came across so confident and to me it was like he had the wreckage but just needed a visual. He should announce the visual only

All of this confusion cant be good for the families

ZORAN

I wonder was it really necessary for the prime minister to announce the satellite findings? it could have been handled by a sub ordinate, he came across so confident and to me it was like he had the wreckage but just needed a visual. He should announce the visual only

All of this confusion cant be good for the families

Because the data was days old, had been assessed and provided to the investigation team. THEY concluded the satellite data corroborated other data they have (we dont know what it is), and requested a maximum search effort. They had already requested an RAAF P3 in the area before the satellite imagery was provided.

If the PM had said nothing, he would be panned for committing such a large scale effort and not notifying the taxpayers.

Lets face it, he doesn't analyze the data, he repeated what he was advised and why the max effort search.

Sent from my Mobile thing

I do not want to rain on the parade but if the ACARS were turn off by any reasons, the CVR and FDR could also had been switched off too by the same reasons.

Also, this could be an awful PR mess for Asian Aviation in general. If it is not already.

Follow the money, not in the past but in the future.

Cheers,