Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Heads up for SIMstarter!

Hi,

just gave the tool a try to see how it works. Well, it seems to work fine but when I saw that all my comments in the prepar3d.cfg were gone than I got very unhappy and uninstalled the tool immediately. I can't accept any tool which is doing such things with my content.

Spirit

Hi Spirit,

thank you for your feedback. I never thought about people commenting their prepar3d.cfg / fsx.cfg. SIMstarter cut's comments at this time (v2.1).

But I will place that on the roadmap for v2.2 which will be released end of april / beginning of may.

Regards,

peter

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

[...] I got very unhappy and uninstalled the tool immediately. I can't accept any tool which is doing such things with my content. [...]

Thank you again for your feedback. That was a easy one. New Version 2.2 won't cut comments any more. If you would like to test the BETA just write me a PM.

I am quite happy about your feedback to improve SIMstarter! Next time you just could send me an email for a direct contact.

Regards,

peter

Hi, thank you very much for this tool. This would have made my simming life so much easier over the year's if it had been available way back. Love all its features especially beingable to disable scenery files that I am not using. This has saved hours reloading scenery files for areas I am nowhere near. Love it.

Wondered if there was a way to import a photo of the aircraft I am flying for each different profile? ?.

Not sure which picture you mean. The icons in the startscreen of SIMStarter are obviously hardcoded.

But the splashscreen of FSX/P3D can easily be changed. Here in example how you can change it for FSX:

1. create a bmp with the size of 800x600
  2. got to the folder ...\SIMStarter\SplashScreens\FSX\
  3. rename the picture you would like to replace e.g. SIMstarter_Set2_VFR.bmp to SIMstarter_Set2_VFR.org
  4. name the bmp you created in step 1: SIMstarter_Set2_VFR.bmp
  5. copy this bmp file to the folder in step 2

You're done.

Works without any renaming. Just place a picture (800x600, bmp) into that splashscreenfolder and select it for that profile in simStarter

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, of course much easier, not sure whether those names were also hardcoded.

Very powerful tool !!v  love the easy to use interface

ZORAN

Problem guys!!!!

I have the same problem as clutch!  add on scenery is wiped out!

hmmmm not impressed we both cant be wrong. Lucky I can back up but others may not be so fortunate.

It looks a great program in theory but something very wrong at the moment

good luck with it

ZORAN

Hi Zoran,

that is very, very strange. Can you reproduce that?

What have you done? Can you please send me more details at capt_pero@web.de?

Can you please descripe your problem in detail and send me your SIMstarter directory zipped?

Regards,

peter

Peter

I have restored my system and luckily that was all I needed to do so unfortunately I don't have Simstarter available to reproduce however the folder is still there with logfiles and I will email them to you now

All I did was set up some profiles, but when I loaded a flight my add on airport was gone and so were the others.

ZORAN

Guys just finished an hour session on Skype with Peter with remote desktop but couldn't replicate the problem.

it is running perfect now so cant say for sure what the heck happened however the support is excellent so I will continue with it and keep you all posted.

ZORAN

Version 2.2 build 01 is out now!

• Features
    • XML Manager to manage DLL.XML and EXE.XML Profiles [added 23.04.2014]
    • JUMPstart to start a profile in combination with a saved flight without Simulator Startup Screen [added 24.04.2014]
      • Select Local time
      • Show Aircraft position in GoogleEarth
  • Bugfixes
    • Sim won’t start if “Backup option” is not set [added 02.05.2014]
    • Default value will be shown in dialog if value is missing [added 29.04.2014]
    • General: Comments in fsx.cfg/prepar3d.cfg won’t be cut by SIMstarter any more [added 28.04.2014]
    • P3D – Shadow Sliders does not work [added 23.04.2014]
    • Program settings – Path definition P3D Files [added 23.04.2014]

Download and Screenshots can be found here:

http://aviation.pero-online.de

Just wanted to post back here and clear Simstarter as the culprit in my recent FSX crash. The program runs perfect and I would go as far as to say its in the top 3 add ons for FSX and its free!

Apart from a multitude of other things the top few functions for me are

1. setting a saved  tweaked fsx config for any flight

2. loading set scenery for any flight

3. loading set FSX settings 

4. launching the flight followed by Aviasoft, Opus, Vr insight panels etc Automatically with one touch

keep up the good work guys!

ZORAN

Guys this is a final update. Last night I was able to recreate the exact same "vanishing scenery scenario and emailed Peter who then called me on Skype.

We found the culprit, Couatl from FSdreamteam would stop running causing my airport to vanish! I am now sorting out the problem over at the fs dream team forums

I want to thank Peter for the phenomenal support especially last night as even though it became clear in the first 5 mins it wasn't SIM start he still spent a further 2 hours trying to fix my machine

If anyone was holding off on this product because of my reported scenery crash then you can be assured the error was mine and SIM starts

onward and upwards!

ZORAN

A good lesson here, particularly for Zoran and Clutch.

We can all appreciate the frustration when things turn bad, however, bagging a developers product (especially generously donated freeware) on the forums without first reading the manual or attempting to contact the developer for support or feedback, is poor form.

Anyone skimming through those first posts could well have been put off the product if they had not taken the time to read further on.

Cheers

Steve Hall