Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

01APR14 - Quick PMDG 777 SP1 Update

It'd be the real deal........only PMDG.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I'm still cautious, it's April 1st, but the fact that ASN offers a legitimate weather radar, based on real clouds, leads some credence to this possibility.  PMDG's stance all this time was that they could not see the point in modeling WX radars because the radar would be depicting fake clouds/precipitation based on some random occurrence in the simulator.  Since ASN offers it's own radar that reads real precipitation/cloud data, it makes sense that they may license the technology to be integrated in the 777.   But for this to be true, wouldn't the user be required to own ASN to use this realistic radar?   I'm a bit puzzled, but in the back of my mind I have always thought it would be great to merge the ASN wx radar into the PMDG 777.

I agree, if for no other reason than to have a way to avoid those disturbingly LOUD (wake up the neighbours at 3am loud) encounters with hail at FL340 when you fly through towering CB, like I did one night while live-streaming a flight from Stockholm to Dubai. That hail noise was a good 3 times louder than anything else I had heard that whole flight! And yes, I was at FL350 odd when I encountered it!

Cruel joke!  Still, I'm waiting in line for the SP1 and 300ER.  As a common meme would say...  Shut up and take my money!

sig01.png

As much i would love this to be true....looking at the date...hmmmmm

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

that was cruel lol

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Worst joke ever... I'm sad...

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Wow if this is a joke then I am really sad. Can anyone confirm that a weather radar isn't an April Fool's Joke?

He said he rounded the corner into a new month.  That makes me think he wanted us to know it was April 1 at his current location.  Could be a joke.  On the other hand, Active Sky Next has changed the game and maybe we will get WX Radar.  Time will tell.  

Naaaaw it's legit. They just posted it on April fools to tease us a little.

Isn't that right? :Praying:

Oh the cruelty. The first words out of my mouth when I saw that screen was B... S..t. Definitely an April fools joke that won't be beat. Maybe Robert will make it up to us by giving us a real update tomorrow. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Haha that alternate and remaining fuel number. Creative I must say!

Haha that alternate and remaining fuel number. Creative I must say!

I just caught that too. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

Usually some other poster will make a joke like this, but coming from PMDG, that's classic LOL.

Kind regards

Hahaha

And the room is on fire