Sign in to follow this  
wbard

Hot Fix for Flightplanner v2.2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

:Applause:    Just installed the Hotfix and all works as advertised. Thanks again Wes and P3D development team for a speedy resolution!

Confirmed working.

Thanks Wes !!

Guys, i copy and paste the link in my browser but it doesn't go anywhere! Therefore cant download the fix! What to do?

so we extract the file and put it in the P3D root folder?

Yup thats what  it is

"To install the patch, either unzip it directly into your Prepar3D v2 installation directory and overwrite the files, or unzip it to a temporary directory, then copy or move the files into your Prepar3D v2 installation directory, being sure to overwrite each file."

I need some help. I can access the hotfix file and extract it, but how do I unzip it directly into the root directory? Or is it easier to put it in a temporary directory and then overwrite the files? If so, how do you do this? As you can tell, I am not very literate in doing this software maneuver. Thanks for help.

Tomcat!,

(Like the name)

You can click on the zip file and it will open and you can see the contents..........highlight all of the files (not the read me) and drag them to your P3D "root" folder - and "overwrite" the older files.

It will ask you when you drag them into the root folder -

OR

Click on the zip file and it will open.  Make  you a temporary folder on your desktop........drag all of the zips contents into the new temporary folder.

You are now finished with the zip.

Open your P3D "root" folder -  Open you new temporary folder with the zip contents..........highlight the contents, drag them to the P3D root folder - It will as if you want to overwrite, answer yes.

Either way is appropriate and acceptable - end results are the same.

Tom

Sorry to be so dumb! I'm a pilot, not a programmer! How do I get tot he P3D root folder? I don't want to screw up my P3D software by fumbling around and doing something wrong. Thanks for the help! by the way, this is a great forum. Never saw people so helpful, and knowledgeable as well.

Tried this yesterday. My system isn't letting me overwrite the originals, even with admin access.

Any ideas?

thx

Andrew

Hi fellows,

Your "root" P3D folder is the main P3D folder - when opened, you'll see a lot of folders such as Modules, Scenery, SimObjects etc. plus a lot of individual files, like your p3d.exe and lots of .dll's.

turner112,

IF you cannot overwrite the originals with your Hotfix Files - then you don't have "permissions" in the Prepar3D Folder.  Navigate to your Prepar3D folder  -  example:  C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D

Do not OPEN the Prepar3D Folder - RIGHT CLICK, then navigate to the bottom and "click on" Properties.  A box will open up - with tabs General - Security - Previous Versions etc.

Click on "Security"....a box will open up....and you highlight (ex.) Administrator, and your will see "permissions"....make sure "full control" is checked............ALL you are doing here is giving

permissions to make changes in your Prepar3d folder - such as replacing files as with the Hotfix.

Once you do it...........it's easy.........

Tom

turner112,

IF you cannot overwrite the originals with your Hotfix Files - then you don't have "permissions" in the Prepar3D Folder. Navigate to your Prepar3D folder - example: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D

Do not OPEN the Prepar3D Folder - RIGHT CLICK, then navigate to the bottom and "click on" Properties. A box will open up - with tabs General - Security - Previous Versions etc.

Click on "Security"....a box will open up....and you highlight (ex.) Administrator, and your will see "permissions"....make sure "full control" is checked............ALL you are doing here is giving

permissions to make changes in your Prepar3d folder - such as replacing files as with the Hotfix.

Once you do it...........it's easy.........

Thanks!!

I would like to followup on my 20 April message re how to apply the hotfix. I have been out of town since then and just got back to dealing with this problem. I tried making the hotfix and apparently it is not "taking" because I still get the fatal error message and Prepar3d closes. I first tried highlighting the hotfix files after extracting them and saving to my documents library,  and then moving them directly to the Prepar3d folder in my documents library. The files seemed to move OK, but I did not get the "do I want to replace" message. Got the fatal error message after this attempt.  I then tried the temporary desktop folder approach (placed the extracted hot fix files in it). I then moved the hotfix files over to the Prepar3d folder. I got a window that said moving 66 files. But, again I did not get the "do I want to replace " message and again when I tried to save a flight plan, got the fatal error message and Prepar3d closed. Apparently, I'm not doing something correct. I'm a software illiterate so this process is like flying blind. Any idea what I'm doing wrong or not doing correct? I am concerned that I may be screwing up my Prepar3d with all this fumbling around.