Sign in to follow this  
whammo11224

Need recommendations for aircraft please.

I do own the Twin Otter (came with the PC Pilot sub). So I guess that category is covered.

Keep 'em coming!

Thanks

The oft forgotten Coolsky Super MD80 Pro runs very well in P3D w/ the exception the route does not display in the MFD.  You can lock on to it however in LNAV mode.  The very nice thing about this plane is despite its rather deep simulation it is exceedingly easy on frame rates--comparable to any default plane and better than some.   

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Medium: Aerosoft Twin Otter and Carenado B1900d

Light: A2A'a C172

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Having only one airplane out of all of those mentioned so far (the Aerosoft Twin Otter), I can see that it's going to be a long road to getting airplanes over into P3D.  I'm hoping RealAir joins the party and looking forward to the aircraft Milviz and ESDG is working on.  It'd be nice to see one of these developers do a nice mid-higher performance single engine prop.  Tons to choose from.  Also room for a high quality VLJ since Elvis left the building *coughs*.  It'd also be nice for Carenado to revisit some of its better steam planes.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Coming late to this thread but to the OP - if you're looking for freeware, you owe it to yourself to check out Manfred Jahn's C-47v2, available exclusively at Sim Outhouse.  Might be the best freeware aircraft ever done for FSX/P3D - much better than some payware.  Flight dynamics are by Alexander Metzger.  The aircraft is ready to fly now but still a work in progress - Jan Visser (of MAAM-sim fame) is building an amazing vintage VC for it.  The current package works beautifully in P3D2.  Make sure to download TuFun's soundpack as well (also available at Sim Outhouse).  Lots of repaints available.  If the C-47 and/or DC-3 have any interest for you, have a look.  

check out Manfred Jahn's C-47v2, available exclusively at Sim Outhouse

I am going to take a look at that.  Sounds like a great recommendation.  Thanks.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I am going to take a look at that.  Sounds like a great recommendation.  Thanks.

Do yourself a favour and install this DC-3....like Alan said it just might be the best freeware aircraft ever.

Note....there is the DC-3/C-47 V2 package.....TW's Sound package...TW's fix for his sound (really it's an update)...and some great paintjobs.

The Vintage VC being worked on looks incredible....might be a few months yet but I can live with the "semi-modern" panel. :-)

Ken

Here's a link to the main download:  http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&keys=1&keyword=douglas_c-47_v2.zip

You'll also probably want...

TuFun's soundpack: http://www.sim-outho...15&linkid=17612.  (I believe that's the most recent version)

The Texture Basepack: http://www.sim-outho...=3&linkid=17613

And maybe the paintkit: http://www.sim-outho...=3&linkid=17614

There are some great repaints available at OZx.

Manfred has said that when Jan Visser is done with the (spectacular) vintage VC, he'll create a Version 3 download that will have the sounds and textures included as part of the package.  For now, it's a little bit of extra work to put the whole package together, but absolutely worth it.  Enjoy!