Sign in to follow this  
deetee

The AXE-man cometh...

...but doth stutter after some time.

To decode that into modern English, I am trying in vain to complete a flight with the Airbus X Extended. It is as smooth as butter at first, but after an hour or so in P3D v2.2 I start to get heavy stuttering and eventually it just freezes up the sim. I have installed the AXE as recommended by Aerosoft with hotfix 1.19 and the replacement ASC.dll, made a fresh Prepar3d.cfg, scenery.cfg, and deleted the shader cache. the Nvidia profile is also default. Sliders are more or less default, with just a hint of cloud shadows. My PC is quite recent and is a high-end machine.

This doesn't happen to me with any other add-on plane including the iFly 737NG. Looking for ideas guys, have any of you flown flights of 1 hour or more in the AXE in P3D v2.2 and not had this issue?

Thx.

I'm waiting for the FSLabs Airbus....  Gave up any other Airbus until then ...

I also look forward to be able to get my 777 and NGX ( both PMDG ) in P3Dv2.2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

But it works great in FSX - my favourite airliner!

From the symptoms it looks like some sort of memory leak but I just want to find out other people's experiences.

...but doth stutter after some time.

To decode that into modern English, I am trying in vain to complete a flight with the Airbus X Extended. It is as smooth as butter at first, but after an hour or so in P3D v2.2 I start to get heavy stuttering and eventually it just freezes up the sim. I have installed the AXE as recommended by Aerosoft with hotfix 1.19 and the replacement ASC.dll, made a fresh Prepar3d.cfg, scenery.cfg, and deleted the shader cache. the Nvidia profile is also default. Sliders are more or less default, with just a hint of cloud shadows. My PC is quite recent and is a high-end machine.

This doesn't happen to me with any other add-on plane including the iFly 737NG. Looking for ideas guys, have any of you flown flights of 1 hour or more in the AXE in P3D v2.2 and not had this issue?

Thx.

The AXE is not claimed to be P3D V2.2 compatible.

However, you should first confirm the memory leak is coming from the AXE, by starting p3d with the AXE and stay on the ground without moving at all (engines started with full FPLN).

Watch the memory usage in taskmgr. If the memory increase by more than 10MB continuously then yes its a memory leak.

Memory leaks are extremely hard to confirm on the move (aircraft moving) without proper tools (that typical customers wouldn't have).

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

The AXE is not claimed to be P3D V2.2 compatible.

However, you should first confirm the memory leak is coming from the AXE, by starting p3d with the AXE and stay on the ground without moving at all (engines started with full FPLN).

Watch the memory usage in taskmgr. If the memory increase by more than 10MB continuously then yes its a memory leak.

Memory leaks are extremely hard to confirm on the move (aircraft moving) without proper tools (that typical customers wouldn't have).

Thanks Josh, I'll give that a try.

I've made at least half dozen 2hr + flights with the AXE and neither OOM'd or noticed any severe stuttering.  I don't have a fancy rig either - i52500K@4.6, GTX580.

Hey Dean, thanks for the info.

That confirms that something in my install is messing up the AXE.

I think I'll try a fresh install of P3D and test it with zero add-ons.

I have the same problem as reported by you. After 20-30 minutes flying I see very small stutters every second or so, especially noticeable in the outside view.

These stutters become worser and worser and after 1 hour flying it becomes difficult to land the airplane safely. The reported FPS is always (between 30-40 FPS) but sometimes I see the number changing to below 10 for a very short period of time when the large stutters are there.

I have tried to find the cause of this problem. The only flight I did not see it was without a connection to IVAO (are you on IVAO) and without USB head phone. 

So maybe the problem can be solved with these two components but this can  also be coincidence.

But I see also some other symptoms that can give a clue: when I use the flight recorder of the AXE, a file is written in the flightrecorder directory. I see that each time the problem occurs, thousands of small files are written in this directory. Every few seconds or so a new file is created.

I have also a Saitek controller. I have noticed that at the same moment the flightrecorder files start to get created something goes wrong with the rudder pedals. They still work but when I move one pedal to far the plane doesn't turn anymore. 

So maybe the Saitek controller is causing this problem. I have Win 8.1 and joysticks seem to be a problem with FSX and P3D. So now I switched of the controllers in P3D and will be using FSUIPC to do the setup of the controllers. This will be my next test.

Snoopy_belgium

Since the patched 2.1 I do not have the slightest problems with AXE, even on 6hr flights. Before AXE was simply not usable: stutters and after a few minutes OOM or P3D freezes.

Also now with 2.2 (+ flight planner patch) it works very fine. Therefore AXE is back as my favourite aircraft also in P3D2.2.

Some time ago I also tried the newly supplied  ASC.dll but kicked it off again because it did not solve any problem but added more trouble. Therefor I am back with the original ASC.dll.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

I have the same problem as reported by you. After 20-30 minutes flying I see very small stutters every second or so, especially noticeable in the outside view.

These stutters become worser and worser and after 1 hour flying it becomes difficult to land the airplane safely. The reported FPS is always (between 30-40 FPS) but sometimes I see the number changing to below 10 for a very short period of time when the large stutters are there.

I have tried to find the cause of this problem. The only flight I did not see it was without a connection to IVAO (are you on IVAO) and without USB head phone. 

So maybe the problem can be solved with these two components but this can  also be coincidence.

But I see also some other symptoms that can give a clue: when I use the flight recorder of the AXE, a file is written in the flightrecorder directory. I see that each time the problem occurs, thousands of small files are written in this directory. Every few seconds or so a new file is created.

I have also a Saitek controller. I have noticed that at the same moment the flightrecorder files start to get created something goes wrong with the rudder pedals. They still work but when I move one pedal to far the plane doesn't turn anymore. 

So maybe the Saitek controller is causing this problem. I have Win 8.1 and joysticks seem to be a problem with FSX and P3D. So now I switched of the controllers in P3D and will be using FSUIPC to do the setup of the controllers. This will be my next test.

Snoopy_belgium

Hey Snoopy, I have been testing the AXE with a fresh install of 2.2.

It works fine up to the point where I install FTX Global base textures, then I get the stuttering.

I guess the obvious question is, are you also using FTXG?

Thanks.

Hi Deetee,

No, I'm using the standard scenery. I'm using REX Essential Plus for weather injection. 

When the flight starts I have no stuttering at all, after 20-30 minites  I see very small stutters and after 1 hour of flying it becomes difficult to fly the bus.

Snoopy_belgium

Yesterday I made a flight with a standard aircraft (A36 Bonanza) together with REX and IVAO. So everything was the same except the airplane. Without the Airbus EXt there was no problem at all. After one hour of flying no stuttering and performance is really good.

So there must be a problem with the Airbus EXT in P3D. I have performed a clean install now of the Airbus and I will see if this has solved the problem.

Snoopy_belgium

I think it may have something to do with the latest Orbx libraries, I will test some more...

I was flying the ifly737 before and seemed to be hard on frames... now that I am using the airbus, I can say with confidence (on my system) the airbus is much easier on frame rates.  At times while cruising I get up to 70 fps... never got this with the ifly.

Also, I am sure FSLabs A320 will be nice, but the Aerosoft one is a fine aircraft... and I have always flown it side by side with my PMDG planes on FSX.  I for one will keep it long term.

-Phil

I'm using the AXE without any problems in P3D 2.2. And I also use Orbx FTX Global along with tons of other add-ons. No stuttering here. Even in longer flights. It does lead to a hit on frames (as in FSX) so maybe it's just the performance of the system which is not sufficient to run the AXE stutter free? It definitely works stutter free on my system so I would assume it has nothing to do with the AXE itself...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT