Sign in to follow this  
altstiff

Imagine Sim ZSPD...

Hi Anthony,

I live in China long enough to understand the difficulties. But As one of your customer, I would like to suggest you look for possible fix before dig into accuracy that you might not have access. If you can change the nav data to fit your airport than I would definitely prefer it than the 300m difference, I might sound silly as I do not know much of scenery development but you are a developer , many people spent money on your product so consider the reputation regardless how much it means to you. So please stop banging you head against the wall for things you can't change and find some alternative solution. I know people would still complain about accuracy but it would be far better than leave it as it is to my opinion.

Besides that, it is truly a piece of amazing work you have pulled out!

Regards,

Lee 

Many carriers' flight standard manuals require much more stringent tolerances beyond RNP certification for given LPV or LNAV approaches.  Under RNAV 1.0 at IS ZSPD, a flight crew most likely would be unable to maintain compliant with stabilized approach criteria and could legally not proceed.  At my company we can't simply brief acceptable CDI scale deviations (in the case of IS ZSPD greater than 1 dot) except in VMC as a wake avoidance technique.  It really does matter for those that use this platform for training or real world simulation. 

Respectfully,

Ryan Kelly

Imaginesim Pudong AI Overflow Build 042914

This provides parking for all cargo airlines listed on Wikipedia and better airline gate overflow. The steps above must be completed by the user for it to work.

Require that your pax and cargo are marked correctly, true wingspan, and have the right parking assignment, e.g., xxxC (pax airline with cargo) or xxx (pure cargo carrier). Lastly, you would need to set your airport vehicle density to 0 on your traffic setting.

ZSPD AI OVERFLOW AFCAD DOWNLOAD LINK (part a)

ZSPD AI OVERFLOW AFCAD DOWNLOAD LINK (part b )

Put in the *ZSPD*/scenery folder, overwrite the older files.

Updated

- China Southern Cargo relocated to ramp 6 ( :hi: AAL125)

Awaiting

- Opening of the fourth runway [date and nav info wanted]

Noted

- Taxi light issues at certain times/angles/wx

- scenery transition from photoscenery

I wonder if the pictures I viewed are outdated and China Southern Cargo does park in the west ramp. I notice all their flights take off Runway 17L/35R, even right now when it is past midnight. Maybe they are parking in the west?

It could have something to do with the work being done to bring 16L/34R online. CAAC may have 16R/34L shutdown after a certain time during the evening. Also, they could be co-located with Cargo Ramp 6 since China Cargo Airlines conglomerated three carriers that were at Ramp 6 and Ramp 3. I listed China Southern Cargo Airlines as the last possible cargo airline for Ramp 3 if they need overflow from Ramp 6 for that reason. 

Anthony Cacciatore

It could have something to do with the work being done to bring 16L/34R online. CAAC may have 16R/34L shutdown after a certain time during the evening. Also, they could be co-located with Cargo Ramp 6 since China Cargo Airlines conglomerated three carriers that were at Ramp 6 and Ramp 3. I listed China Southern Cargo Airlines as the last possible cargo airline for Ramp 3 if they need overflow from Ramp 6 for that reason. 

You're probably right, I don't see any takeoffs at all from the 16 runway. I see many landings on them, but all the takeoffs are the 15's

Hi Anthony,

I was just wondering whether the runway lighting is DX10 compatible? I saw both runway lights and approach lights turning on and off during approach and panning my views in and out of the cockpit. I did send a support email but didn't get much help from it other than a reply saying you are aware of the issue.

To solve the issue, i have to remove both runway lights file and approach lights file and make my own scasm code in order to use the airport at night.

Besides that, am I the only one who have issue with the FPS? I got around 15 FPS with PMDG 777+REX4 in virtual cockpit view. 

Here is my system spec:

i7-3770k@3.5GHz

GTX660

16GB RAM

Samsung SSD

I'm running FSX on 1920x1080 FPS locked at 30

FSX CFG optimized

No AI traffic

Scenery complexity Extremely dense

both autogen and effects are set to meduim

DX 10 enabled with 4x CSAA

I'll do some testing tonight. I don't have the DX10 fixer, though, so I can't say it will be the best possible test. 

Getting bad FPS in the area is a little odd because the scenery is pretty well optimized and miles away from most other autogen/scenery objects. Is that happening when you arrive or depart in particular? 

Anthony Cacciatore

This only happens when I'm around the terminal. Especially when I pushed back onto taxiway and see the whole terminal. My FPS drops to 12 minimum. When I look away from it my FPS goes to 20-25.

Is that in DX10 or DX9 mode? 

Yeah, we're trying to transition from the older method which was FS9 compatible to one that is better optimized for FSX/P3D. I think that DX10 will be a better option after we make it compatible with P3D for that reason. 

i7-3770k@3.5GHz

GTX660

16GB RAM

Samsung SSD

Nothing here jumps out at me. 

I'm running FSX on 1920x1080 FPS locked at 30

FSX CFG optimized

No AI traffic

Scenery complexity Extremely dense

both autogen and effects are set to meduim

DX 10 enabled with 4x CSAA

What do you mean by "optimized?" Just a bufferpools tweak, or ******* optimzer website, or one of the published guides (NickN, Word Not Allowed, Avsim, PaulJ)? My hardware is on the left. I haven't heard of 4x CSAA but then again I haven't heard of everything. I'm assuming that's a setting for DX10? Try reducing to 2xSS in nVidia Inspector and running in DX9, let me know if that changes anything. 

Apparently saying ******* is being censored? I'm talking about ******* who runs the Venetubo site and that automatically added a few tweaks to the fsx.cfg. 

Edited by catchman

Anthony Cacciatore

Is that in DX10 or DX9 mode?

All the testings were done in DX10 mode.

What do you mean by "optimized?" Just a bufferpools tweak, or ******* optimzer website, or one of the published guides (NickN, Word Not Allowed, Avsim, PaulJ)? 

I followed Word Not Allowed's guide to tune my FSX CFG except the bufferpool part. I use RejectThreshold=262144 and PoolSize=5000000

I haven't heard of 4x CSAA but then again I haven't heard of everything. I'm assuming that's a setting for DX10? Try reducing to 2xSS in nVidia Inspector and running in DX9, let me know if that changes anything. 

Turning down setting in DX10 Scenery Fixer didn't help much, My fps still struggles around 15. However, switching to DX9 seems to be a lot better. Although my FPS is only 20ish, it feels much smoother compared to what I get in DX10 mode. I suspect the scenery isn't optimized for DX10. 

One more finding, the performance of Terminal 1 seems to be somewhat better than Terminal 2? I find that when I look at terminal 1 my FPS is a little bit higher that terminal 2 ie. 3-5 FPS boost. Don't know whether this is true or just my illusion.

As I suspect, it may be DX10. Hopefully if we can get it compiled for P3D that will have a tangential benefit for DX10.

One more finding, the performance of Terminal 1 seems to be somewhat better than Terminal 2? I find that when I look at terminal 1 my FPS is a little bit higher that terminal 2 ie. 3-5 FPS boost. Don't know whether this is true or just my illusion.

Interesting. Could be because the FSX default city scenery is past the terminal and rendered more because it's in your viewpoint when looking through T2 as opposed to T1 where beyond the building you have the other terminal (though optimized through LOD) and sea.

Anthony Cacciatore

As I suspect, it may be DX10. Hopefully if we can get it compiled for P3D that will have a tangential benefit for DX10.

Interesting. Could be because the FSX default city scenery is past the terminal and rendered more because it's in your viewpoint when looking through T2 as opposed to T1 where beyond the building you have the other terminal (though optimized through LOD) and sea.

Possibly.

There is one more suggestion. Can you update the ADE file? Instead of using 'ramp' for all the parking, 'gate small/medium/heavy' would be a much better choice. So that ppl at least have a rough idea what's the maximum wing span for the gate.

Here is a website might help with that  http://www.aipchina.org/

Check a few posts above, I have compiled a new afcad for those who like to see a lot of ai and have the correct parking codes assigned. 

Though not exclusive, it's pretty common for payware airports to use ramp instead of gate because of ai package compatibility issues and differences. 

Anthony Cacciatore