Sign in to follow this  
altstiff

Imagine Sim ZSPD...

Imaginesim Shanghai is great. Will keep you busy on the medium and long haul flights.

You can use a combination of B744, B777, A380 and B787 flying anywhere. Great for upcoming product aircraft from these guys like..PMDG, Next Simulation A380 and QW B787.

Frame rate is not that bad, but the last 3 flights were heavy rain and overcast which adds to my slow frame at some point. I have not seen it on a nice weather day.

But i say much better than the Narita scenery that i have.

Since i bought it on the date it was released, 3 flight already using PMDG 777.

Kin M.

(Klax)

Thanks for all your info in this thread. It looks like a very good product.

If I may ask, what're your future plans?

We're currently looking at what will be required to get Shanghai into P3D 2.2 (may take a little longer) as well as beginning work on Austin, Texas as the next project. Hopefully KAUS takes less time since it's a smaller scale airport. 

Anthony Cacciatore

We're currently looking at what will be required to get Shanghai into P3D 2.2 (may take a little longer) as well as beginning work on Austin, Texas as the next project. Hopefully KAUS takes less time since it's a smaller scale airport.

Thanks

I read this thread with great interest.

It provided an explanation for one half of a problem which I encountered with this and another Chinese airport when I used them for the first time over Easter.

In the couple of weeks before Easter, I bought Imagine Sim's Shanghai (Singapore Changi WSSS is the only other Imagine Sim product I have) and Celestial Team's Nanyang Jiangying and Huai'an Lianshui airports. All three are good purchases.

I have SimTouch Plus 2 on a second screen and use its moving map in aerial photo mode for navigation assistance in the air and on the ground.

At Shanghai, I noticed that the SimTouch Plus 2 aerial photo was showing the location of the plane on the apron and taxiway, taking off and in the air about 300m west of where it should be and where it appeared to be on the FSX screen. That conflict situation did not affect the operation of the ILS.

When I experienced a somewhat similar problem with Nanyang, where the displacement on SimTouch Plus 2 screen was about 200m to the north-east of where the aircraft should be, I thought that, being different airports by different developers, the problem must be in SimTouch Plus 2. However, I could not understand why, if it was a SimTouch problem, I had never experienced it anywhere else, including with my other three Chinese payware add-on airports - Hui'an, Pacific Isles Sim's Xiamen Gaoqi and Aerosoft/Flt Tampa's Kai Tak, which I subsequently tried.

With the explanation given for Shanghai, I now have to find the reason for the displacement at Nanyang.

I was disappointed after buying VHHH to learn the entire east side taxiways and cargo areas have no ground lighting at all! Does ZSPD have similar missing designs?

Going to pick this up for sure. About time we have some good China scenery. Also, very nice to interact with a ImagineSim dev in a forum. Hope it continues...

Eric 

@AAL125

Speaking for myself, I believe it does. Here are a few shots (1) (2) from AirDailyX that give you an idea of the night textures. 1 shows the gate area (foreground) and a glimpse at part of the cargo ramp (background), while 2 is a closeup on the terminal at night. If you want to take a look for yourself, check out the free demo here. Below is an overall picture that shows the terminal area and part of the north + west cargo. 

zspd12.jpg

@B777ER thanks!

Anthony Cacciatore

Am I the only person who thinks it is unacceptable that the payware developer will not place the airport in the correct location because it means changing the coastline? And that if another payware producer makes the coastline change in "their" product the first payware producer "might" make the needed corrections?

If the payware producer does not know how to correct the coastline, so that the airport can be made to it's real life location, might I provide a link to FS Developer where help is available for the asking?

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/

The airport needs to be correctly positioned for a whole host of reasons not the least being RNP. This is a show stopper for me.

Ryan Kelly

Very, very minimal if any. You're talking about a difference of approx. 300m that would be corrected at the beginning of a 10nm+ final approach. Even at final speeds of 140kts you would cover this distance in 4.5 seconds so the correction would be largely unnoticed. 

I would like to purchase but having the coordinates not correct is a big problem. Would your company please look into fixing this and giving it as an update sometime soon?

As I've stated, we are looking into a possible update. 

I would seriously suggest that anyone download the free demo and see things for him or herself before writing it off.

Anthony Cacciatore

As I've stated, we are looking into a possible update. 

I would seriously suggest that anyone download the free demo and see things for him or herself before writing it off.

I purchased and think it looks beautiful. I am not writing it off, there is a reason for having it in the true location and I hope you can update this in the future. Thanks for another great product. Not a fan of smaller airports but I hope the next one after KAUS is something foreign and exotic. How about GOOY, ZHCC, ZGGG, EHAM (I wish someone did this with better framerates than the Aerosoft hopefully!)

How about (...) EHAM

A brand new EHAM is being developed.

As for Chinese suggestions for ImagineSim, why not ZBAA? :smile:

A huge task, no dubt, but that would be one heck of a hit.

The main bug in the scenery, according to a users that is familiar with the airport, is that the coordinates of the airport is off. (The whole airport position got shifted.)

I reckon that's partly due to the fact the china does not use WGS 84 system ( Its a standard which the GPS and the most aircraft onboard FMC uses for navigation ) for surveying the airport which leads to a position disagreement between the ILS and the ND which does indeed happen in real life. The easiest way to notice this is to go on google map to have a look at the airport, you will notice the map itself and the satellite image overlay doesn't match unlike other places in the world. This is the same for Beijing airport ZBAA.

Like most people had mentioned if you use the ILS you will still be able to land without any problem however you would notice on the ND you may be flying parallel to the magenta line on final which is the FM drawn final approach track based on the FM's position and it will be slightly different to the ILS final approach which is ground based.

On Take off, some airplane equipped with RNP NAV system may generate RWY disagree msg ( it's a 777 example ), the solution is to disable the GPS prior to line up then enable it again after airborne. Since the shift is not significant as some had already mention it is still well within the normal RNAV 1 departure requirement.

I personally do not own the add on, and I don't know what kinds of coordinate data the developer used to put the airport in place in Flight sim, but from what people describe here, I suspect it is the case.

Hope it helps. Cheers.

I really enjoy the scenery, but my biggest frustration is the misplacement. It's especially evident when used in conjunction with Orbx FTX Global + Vector products.

We'd really appreciate an update to shift the airport to the east, in it's true location.

Also, could we get appropriate parking codes for the various cargo areas? Like CSNC CCAC GTI FDX CKK where applicable.