Sign in to follow this  
g_precentralis

Active Sky Next with PMDG aircraft

ASN worked amazingly for me but suddenly with HF I lost excitement that comes with  turbulence....either no turbulence or so light ones :)  it must be something wrong I did :(

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

it must be something wrong I did

Might be.  Check your settings in ASN.  I was flying last night trying to record a video and got my [rear end] kicked.

Kyle Rodgers

Anyone having trouble with ASN hotfix 5?

Never had trouble with CTD in the past, but unable to complete my last two flights since I downloaded hotfix 5. I have deleted ASN, reinstalled upto hotfix 4 and tried the same flights again and all working ok.

I was flying last night trying to record a video and got my [rear end] kicked.

Been there ... It was the way a thunderstorm played havoc with my 747-400 taking off from KL that convinced me to get ASN in the first place. It's been years since I felt like a novice behind the yoke of that plane, but that storm made feel like I should go back to school.

Anyone having trouble with ASN hotfix 5?

Never had trouble with CTD in the past, but unable to complete my last two flights since I downloaded hotfix 5. I have deleted ASN, reinstalled upto hotfix 4 and tried the same flights again and all working ok.

I haven't had any problems after installing Hotfix 5. Or rather, I haven't had any different kind of problems since installing Hotfix 5, but my issues are unrelated to ASN.

Been there ... It was the way a thunderstorm played havoc with my 747-400 taking off from KL that convinced me to get ASN in the first place. It's been years since I felt like a novice behind the yoke of that plane, but that storm made feel like I should go back to school.

Yeah, I was getting rocked from takeoff to landing, and especially so on the landing bit.  It was a nice battle down to final, and I somehow greased it on (not that I was trying to - I was aiming for firm-but-usable-later).

Kyle Rodgers

Last week I felt really amused to see my aircrafts shaking briefly as they go into a meduim-sized cloud. However, after last night's horrible approach into Kuala Lumpur with the 777X andwith thunderstorms in the vicinity, I lowered the cloud turbulence in ASN to 40 to no avail. The landing into WMKK and the takeoff were horrible, as I was not able to control the speed of the aircraft, I landed past the TDZ. I think that turbulence in ASN is way too much. The speed tape was like a Yoyo, literally.

I'd like to purchase this program but it's so damn expensive.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I am thinking about getting ASN, but I am not sure about one thing. Does this replace REX, or will ASN act like a add-on to it? Do I need to uninstall REX before installing ASN?

I know that ASN has a forum, but you can not register for it without purchase.

Thanks

ASN is for weather and REX for texures. So use it both.

Install your favorite textures with Rex and fly with ASN (and FSX,NGX,777,ect):P

ASN is for weather and REX for texures. So use it both

If only to use REX textures, which of their products wouls you recommend? REX4 texture direct HD or REX essential plus with or without overdrive?

If only to use REX textures, which of their products wouls you recommend? REX4 texture direct HD or REX essential plus with or without overdrive?

REX 4 Texture direct is the latest REX product.

REX 4 Texture direct is the latest REX product

Sorry, one more question: you use their cloud and wheather textures with the ASN wheather engine or just the ground textures and leave sky and clouds to ASN?

and leave sky and clouds to ASN?

ASN contains no texture modifications at all, unlike the previous versions.

Kyle Rodgers

ASN contains no texture modifications at all, unlike the previous versions

All right. Now I get it. So Rex is a must have. I'll get it right away.

I used to have it some years ago but abandoned it with ASE2012. But now i'm on ASN.

All right. Now I get it. So Rex is a must have. I'll get it right away.

For what it's worth, there are several freeware packages out there with equally good textures.  I know Luke uses one of them.  I can get the name of it when I get home.

Kyle Rodgers