Sign in to follow this  
Tino

New sim platform announced, Have you heard of this before?

I looked up the other Universim game, and it says its "the universim" not "universim" so I guess copyright might not be an issue. Still, the more I think about it, the more it seems like a scam :( too bad though. We need someone to make a modern simulator....

P3dv2 is just that as is outtera if people will get behind it. What's amazing is he got over 30,000 views in just one day and 2000 people to sign up as betas with number like that I can't believe Microsoft got out of the flight sim game yes it may have not made Huge money but it was profitable unlike the 100 million they spent designing the new Xboxone controller

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I wonder if that was unique views or total views. And over what time period? Were most of those when this thread was created?

This is while being a prank, has a interesting result.   According to his comments and explanation of what was supposed to be a prank for a few of his friends, he ended up with 30,000 people in 1 day. Now some say our hobby is dying, and while this is no millions of hits in a day from those big kill everything that moves games, 30,000 is nothing to sneeze at given no marketing, and meant for a few people. Yes there is interest in PC flight simulation, and people are hungry for something new. We hope p3d is that "new" sim or xplane for those that prefer that. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

The flight simulation market is one of the largest in the world. Aviation just sticks to some people (like us). I checked the website stats (there's a website where you can do that) and he was right...the views topped 31,928 unique. Mostly from the USA. Our hobby is not dying. 

Im just curious about how many visitors Avsim gets every day lol

Im just curious about how many visitors Avsim gets every day lol

I count them every day

every day the same 348

Saying: " This is not a real web site." is like saying: " This is not a real stick that I am hitting you with its just a stick I picked up off the street, so it was not mine." 

The amount of hits to the website just show how badly people want a new flight simulator. Pity it turned out to be a joke, but definitely some food for thought for real companies thinking of doing this.

The amount of hits to the website just show how badly people want a new flight simulator. Pity it turned out to be a joke, but definitely some food for thought for real companies thinking of doing this.

Yes, 30.000 is not a small number when you consider that this website has existed for just two days, was blocked from Google and wasn't advertised.

P3dv2 is just that as is outtera if people will get behind it. What's amazing is he got over 30,000 views in just one day and 2000 people to sign up as betas with number like that I can't believe Microsoft got out of the flight sim game yes it may have not made Huge money but it was profitable unlike the 100 million they spent designing the new Xboxone controller

Because if a new call of auto theft duty game website got leaked they'd have millions of hits within an hour and then it would crash

Because if a new call of auto theft duty game website got leaked they'd have millions of hits within an hour and then it would crash

I play GTA and battlefield 4 and they are fun and don't have much of a learning curve with the exception of long range sniping in BF4. People see flightsims as hard and slow paced a friend of mine flew my sim for a few minutes and then said it was boring and askes if there was anything to shoot at. For me there was never a learning curve in sims (with the exception of learning about pc's) because I've always been around planes but for those who have no experience it must be really hard at times to get into flight simming

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Yep. My point is that 30,000 people is a drop in the ocean of the modern video game market. It's a lot of people, but not a lot of customers

There aren't any companies out there with enough technical prowess to build a new simulator. The ship has sailed, it's over.

There aren't any companies out there with enough technical prowess to build a new simulator. The ship has sailed, it's over.

Plenty of those out there. Basically all you have to do is pick the right people and put them to your New Simulations Limited. offices.

The problem is, this is expensive, and return on investment... is shaky at best.