Sign in to follow this  
davjg

Are you still flying Level D 767?

Recently purchased the Level-D upgrade in order to continute progressing in a virtual airline. I hadn't flown her in years (since switching from FS2004 in FSX's early days), and amazingly the Flight1 (FS2004 --> FSX) coupon for existing customers was still valid.

Yes, she's a little "vintage" when it comes to appearances, but she hand-flies absolutely wonderfully and has the systems to back you up. Not only that but she's gentle on your computer hardware, too.

She stands up well to the test of time.

I still fly it, and indeed it was the problems the LDS767 had with Win8 that caused me to downgrade my new computer to Win7, where it lives peacefully now!

I am always somewhat bemused by the fixation with "new" graphics, and/or 2D panels that crops up so often.  No doubt it is true that the LDS 767 is by now an older product, and perhaps there are newer offerings out there with more eye candy.  But this thing still flies remarkably like a real 767; and I know whereof I speak, having flown the real thing for 9 years.  Having retired in 2008 (off the 767; the 777 never went anywhere I wanted to go, and the money, while a bit better, was not enough to entice me to eschew the delights of places like Rome and Buenos Aires!) it is now the only 767 I can fly!  Better still, since the product is indeed on the older side, it depicts the airplane as I flew it, and not in some upgraded version that came along later.

I have heard that there are several other offerings (including at least two for X-Plane) of airliners that have a similar level of detail and realism (especially systems and navigation) as the LDS 767 does, but since I never chose to fly the 737 or 777 I have no interest in doing so on a PC based simulator.  The 767, as an airliner, can do everything that any of the others can do, and it had just the right amount of automation - not too much nor too little. 

I do agree with other responders that an LDS 757, were it to appear shortly, might well have missed the market by now.  Even so, I would definitely buy it since it would likely be as detailed and realistic as this previous offering is.

Any FS airplane that flies well and operates realistically can never really go out of date!  It was well worth flying back in the 767PIC days, and it remains so to this day.  An outstanding simulation of a truly outstanding airplane. 

Tony Vallillo

Reading this makes me want to fire the old bird up again. Curious, what sound pack are you all using with the ole girl? 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

Tony Vallillo

Hey, I know that name! Loved your Golden Argosy stories from back in the day... glad to see you making an appearance here!

...and happy belated retirement!

-Greg

Guest JustanotherPilot

Yep still do -  fly YBBN Brisbane-YMML Melbourne, a 2 hour flight once a week, although the graphics and systems are dated I never get tired of it. This was the innovator aircraft for realism and FMC flightplanning. Sure would ne nice if someone did a remake to todays standards.

? does the plane work in win 8.1 ?

- is it fact that the FMC is not clickable in the VC - and only to open in a 2D Panel?

Thanks for response!!

Walter

I haven't flown it for a very long time, but yesterday decided to bring her out of the hangar as I'd just bought Aerosoft's Seychelles and Air Seychelles fly or used to fly the 767-300ER.

Still fun to fly as far as I'm concerned.

? does the plane work in win 8.1 ?

- is it fact that the FMC is not clickable in the VC - and only to open in a 2D Panel?

Thanks for response!!

Walter

Hello

I am not sure in win 8.1, but I know there is alot of discussion in their forum there is alot of discussion in regard to this.

The FMC is clickable in VC

David

Hello Everyone

I come back again to this great plane, it never fails. BTW I am looking for a Eastern Airline Livery, anyone know where I can find it???

Thanks

David

Hi David - and Other´s,

are you sure that the FMC in the LD 767 is integrated in the VC and usable like in PMDG or AXE?

I found that in a AVSIM - Review:

One thing that I have always found a little disappointing, is that FMC in the LDS767 is not usable within the VC. (unlike offerings from PMDG, for example). There are 2 small buttons on the glare shield in the VC that, when clicked, bring up the 2D FMC and Radio sub-panels. Alternatively, you can simply click in the FMC within the VC and this again will bring up the 2D FMC.

Thanks for Information

Walter

Hi David - and Other´s,

are you sure that the FMC in the LD 767 is integrated in the VC and usable like in PMDG or AXE?

I found that in a AVSIM - Review:

One thing that I have always found a little disappointing, is that FMC in the LDS767 is not usable within the VC. (unlike offerings from PMDG, for example). There are 2 small buttons on the glare shield in the VC that, when clicked, bring up the 2D FMC and Radio sub-panels. Alternatively, you can simply click in the FMC within the VC and this again will bring up the 2D FMC.

Thanks for Information

Walter

The FMS is indeed not usable within the VC.   Clicking on any FMS buttons within the VC simply pops up the 2D FMS.

Still a lovely old bird though.     It would seem a great opportunity for Level D to revamp the VC with state of the art texturing, and to re-release the aircraft.    It would need no systems development as far as I'm concerned (or FDE).   It's perfect;  just needs a new VC.    They don't seem interested in this at all however.

Just flying the LDS767-300ER out of Aerosoft's Seychelles and I can confirm that the FMC is clickable in VC mode because I've just done so. No idea how to post image here, but it is clickable.

Just flying the LDS767-300ER out of Aerosoft's Seychelles and I can confirm that the FMC is clickable in VC mode because I've just done so. No idea how to post image here, but it is clickable.

Mmm strange, I would have put my last penny on the fact that clicking on the FMC within the VC just resulted in the FMC pop up displaying.       Maybe I'm thinking of the FS9 version?

Apols if I got that wrong.

Yes, I click on it and it brings up the FMC large and loud in the same place as when in 2D mode. After being one of teh old-school dies-hard 2D aficionados, moving to the fleet of PMDG's 737NGX and the much more recent 777, has swayed me to using VC. It was just a matter of getting used to it, and I now I fly VC most if not at all times.

So, yes, that FMC is clickable in VC mode. I've just adjusted my route as Aivlasoft had given me a SID that was 7000 miles away! I can further confirm that all the keypad on that FMC is clickable and useable. And the Overhead buttons are clickable too.Just turned off the Seat Belts

Using the FSX version of the LDS767-300ER.