Sign in to follow this  
strider1

8 Beers That You Should Stop Drinking Immediately

Indeed not. The problem with the good beers is that, at my age, I end up all muddled :-)

I can see that... :Big Grin:

gesh it's all hat shtuff init hat makesh me shlur my words ans=d walk funny..  Hic.... Hic    :LMAO:

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

The Brits will understand (and maybe some other Eurozone types); thank god the "wife beater" was not on the list.

What is that...perhaps;  Toby?

What is that...perhaps;  Toby?

Did you read my earlier posts in this thread? :lol:

Did you read my earlier posts in this thread? :lol:

Nope..lol...joined in at the last of the party call...lol.   

Despite looking at the prominent "Stranahans" sign at Coors Field through many Colorado Rockies games, I still haven't tried it.  Maybe I should, though I'm a Macallan single malt guy when it comes to Whisky (without an e in the case of good single malts).

Scott

Scott,

Stranny's is a good, smooth American whiskey without the charcoal, gravelly taste that many others seem to have these days. It also seems to be much kinder to the body the next day when copious amounts are consumed the night before. The Labels are personally marked by the 'distiller' with the Date and any extraneous Comments; one bottle I have was marked with "Watching The Outlaw Josey Wales"! Of course, that (un)opened bottle is hidden away for a special occasion!

Give it a try; I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.. besides, it's Home Grown!

:P

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Craft beer has really taken off here in NZ, initially in the main centres but increasingly in the smaller towns now too.

By volume, the majority of beer consumed here is still one of three or four generic sort of brands, but there are a number of genuinely good craft breweries up and coming now.

Personally, if I'm going out for a beer, it had better be a good one. Fortunately my regular pub, just over the road from work, is a craft beer Mecca!

A lot of good stuff from the Pacific NW is in the New Zealand market now too, love the Rogue stuff, (except that maple bacon beer, sorry but that was just awful!)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

As someone who's taken a lot of upper level university chemistry, this statement in particular just kills me:

"The Newcastle beer has been found to contain caramel coloring. Class 3 and 4 caramel coloring is made from ammonia, which is classified as a carcinogen."

I could make you a large amount of completely safe pure water or pure oxygen gas right this second out of several highly poisonous and carcinogenic compounds. The chemical precursor to some compound doesn't magically transfer its properties to the new product compound after a reaction. A molecule is *always* the same molecule no matter where it came from. This is a core principle in the science - nothing in chemistry works without it. You can make water out of some of the most poisonous compounds known to man, it's still nothing but two hydrogen atoms and an oxygen atom and has no ill-effects. It isn't made poisonous just because the compounds that reacted to produce it are.

This article is psuedoscience/psuedomedical junk I'm afraid. In actual science, evidence is provided to back up claims - people can't just declare their claims to be self-evident. (ie all the anti-GMO stuff here)

A good example of this is salt isn't i!

The two components sodium and chlorine are lethal to humans but combined are essential.

The two components sodium and chlorine are lethal to humans but combined are essential.

Well, technically elemental (no ionic charge) sodium and chlorine are lethal, but it's ionic sodium and chloride that are essential :) . Nerd out!

Eric Szczesniak

We think of Bud, Miller, Coors and Schlitz as being "American" beers.  However, all of these high-volume producers (I hesitate to even call them "brewers) are foreign owned.  The largest American-owned brewer is Sam Adams.

German beer is brewed from only water, hop, malt and barley ... at least it's supposed to be! These days I am wary and only drink beer from traditional breweries od which me still have many, fortunately!

The Bottle of Britain. How could there be any other ?

http://www.spitfireale.co.uk

Well, maybe Theakston's Old Peculier too. I sometimes get a bit Theaked.

Is that Old Peculier Pale Ale, and does it still come in a shorter brown bottle?

If it is, I haven't seen it here in the States for ages! That was another of the Imports from my youth; a bier that would leave you totally *&^t faced after drinking a 4 pack!

Whew...  :blink:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

... a bier that would leave you totally *&^t faced after drinking a 4 pack!

Ah, I see you've had some then.

And its beer, not bier! Bier is a yellow colour that makes it look like it's been drunk once already, and is served by women with puffy sleeves to men in leather shorts who eat sausage. We try not to notice.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Old Peculier is the only beer I purchase.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69