Sign in to follow this  
pemigris

GTN 750/650 for P3D arrived

I should have added though that this nifty program will allow one to use any networked computer's monitor as though it were another local monitor. I have several old laptops that I have used in the past to 'undock' various gauges and use them:

http://www.maxivista...ond-monitor.htm

Bill, thanks for that link.  I'm sure that at some point in my various setups and schemes that that program will come in very handy.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I wonder if Flight1 is interested in porting the Garmin 430/530 Trainer to work with Prepar3d, since RealityXP looks gone from the market. It's still the main unit being used in GA fleet, and it would be a great training tool. Don't get me wrong, I know there are many addons out there, but using the Garmin Trainer makes the difference, and if Flight1 got them to let it be used for the GTN750, I don't see why the same couldn't be done withthe GNS530!

Could not agree more!!!!!!!!!

Just a note for those interested. We've now joined the lineup for F1 GTN Series integration for both FSX and P3DV2 with our just released Liberty Aerospace XL2 3.0.

"Where possible and by permission we at Eaglesoft have taken steps to allow owners of licensed 3rd party GPS systems into our products for both 2D and VC Panels.

This policy began with the SimFlyers Garmin MX20 in our Piper Twin Comanche and the Mindstar G1000 in our Diamond DA42 Twin Star.

That tradition continues now with the integration for licensed owners of Flight One Garmin GTN650 and GTN750 in our Liberty Aerospace XL2 3.0.
Future plans include the integration for licensed owners of Mindstar Garmin GNS 430/530 system in our Liberty Aerospace XL2 3.0."

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

How similar is the GTN to the GNS430/530? I was looking for a 430W to use with P3D (as that's what I fly with in real life) but unfortunately it appears there's nothing decent out yet. If the GTS offers a similar enough experience, I will be stoked, as I already have a touchscreen monitor.

Does the Mindstar GNS 430 not fit your needs? I highly recommend it if that is what you use in real life.

Bottom of the link I sent has a decent 530/430 combo but I gather you want more features... B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

It's great to see Eaglesoft take on integrating not only the new Mindstar 530/430 units but the new Flight1 GTN units as well.

Give me a reason to pay that extra $15 and I may jump in.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Working on an update to both FSX and P3D Liberty XL2 which will contain the Mindstar Units for licensed owners as well.

Wasn't completed at RTM time so decided on the update path for licensed owners. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I'm happy with the fact that F1 caved into releasing something for P3D hehe....

I haven't purchased the GTN for FSX or P3D yet but as I just started flying online in P3D using Pilot Edge (been using FSX for some time now) - the idea of having updatable navdata (sort of) is music to my ears!  

As far as FSX goes I doubt I'll ever buy GTN for it - RXP integrated into so many beautiful planes....  But since I may get it for P3D we'll see.

I guess we have navigraph but for GA it doesn't get much better than this...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Three pages and not one reference to P3D 1.4. Am I a Neanderthal here already! The flight1 tech page mentions P3D but later states P3D V2. Suppose I want this gauge, do I buy the FSX version and use the migration tool, or the Prepar3D version? fyi, not going to V2, yet, and I destroyed with great joy my FSX disks.

James McLees

Question about the product (not the pricing structure!):

If I have an aircraft like the Alabeo Cessna, or another that doesn't have autopilot included, would this change that?

Would all of these nav tools allow me to have an autopilot?

Thanks!

If I have an aircraft like the Alabeo Cessna, or another that doesn't have autopilot included, would this change that?

Thanks!

The GTN 750/650 do not have a built in autopilot.  However, it's always possible to add an autopilot as a 2D popup gauge; that said, I'd have to let others chime in on whether or not the ones available from the library for FSX work in P3D.  You might be able to 'borrow' a gauge from some other planes you own to use as a 2D popup. Just be aware that most of the newer releases don't have gauges that can function as a 2D gauge - they're custom built to integrate with the 3D gauge in the VC.

I'm actually in the process of making a 2D touchscreen autopilot gauge that mimics the GTN in style, and I may upload it to the library when done.  Might not be of use to everyone, but I use my GTN 750 on a touchscreen monitor, and I'm so in love with it that I want to be able to use an autopilot in the same manner.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks!

I do not have the Alabeo Cessna but I have the same problem with the Alabeo PiperSport. The best solution, if you have an iPad or IPhone is to use a Remote Cockpit app, they are superb.

I'm not arguing with anyone, I'm simply stating my opinion.

And as part of that free-market system, I chose not to purchase any addon for P3D that is priced higher than its FSX equivalent. My actions nearly always are in sync with my opinions.

But sadly you end up without up to date Navdata in P3D without it and no WAAS capability or LPV approaches. If IFR is not your thing, then it probably is not a big deal.

C.