Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

09JUN14 - PMDG 777 SP1 and 300ER updates

Captains,

This is just a quick note that will be followed by more in-depth information in a short while:

We are currently working with a version of the SP1 that we are very happy with- and we have gone essentially code-freeze on the SP1 as of tonight.

We did introduce a few hiccups with tonight's build that we will be ironing out during the next couple of days- and we are planning to give our testing team a chance to really settle in with the SP1 and the 300ER to make sure we haven't left anything truly BAD in the build...

At some point during this week, we will give you a release timeline for both the SP1 and the 300ER...

Stay tuned for more information...

This is certainly exciting news. I know that you and the team have created a service and expansion pack that will essentially blow our minds. Not that it would be intensely heartfelt by any means, I would be slightly disappointed not hearing any update on the release timeline as stated above. While I agree that we as a general population should never feel entitled, one can't help but feel slightly disappointed when they are told something will be revealed that they are truly excited about only to not unveil as stated. In this regard, a release timeline as mentioned in your update.

Nevertheless, there is much excitement about the service and expansion pack. It will undoubtedly be a fantastic product. Thank you to both you and your team for your hard work and attention to detail in your products. Your work is revolutionary.

Cheers.

The clock is decreasing for PMDG to make that window of updating us "at some point during this week."

The clock is decreasing for PMDG to make that window of updating us "at some point during this week."

Remember 1 week PMDG time= approximately 4 weeks for the rest of us. 

Usually they say soon. Soon doesn't have a set definition - it's all relative.

I would normally agree, but in this case "during this week" CAN'T be construed to mean anything but this week. By definition, a week is: a period of seven successive days that begins with or includes an indicated day: the week of June 3;Christmas week. (Source: Dictionary.com)

Usually they say soon. Soon doesn't have a set definition - it's all relative.

I would normally agree, but in this case "during this week" CAN'T be construed to mean anything but this week. By definition, a week is: a period of seven successive days that begins with or includes an indicated day: the week of June 3;Christmas week. (Source: Dictionary.com)

RSR said "THIS WEEK", he didn't say "SOON..."

It sounds just like that, haha

Haha, we're pulling out the definition of "week" for this one!  :lol:

Seriously though, I'm in physical need of an update. The anxiety is contributing to the detriment of my health.  :P

Haha, we're pulling out the definition of "week" for this one!  :lol:

Seriously though, I'm in physical need of an update. The anxiety is contributing to the detriment of my health.  :P

I understand completely. Every few minutes I go to the homepage just to see if "rsrandazzo" was active in the last few minutes!

Keep in mind we don't know what week Robert was pointing to when he said "this week". It could be any week. We just, as usual, have to be patient. Well, I have a 777 on the apron waiting, have to go.

Johann van Rhyn

My 777 is waiting the maintenance hangar for some improvements and fixes. :) 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Keep in mind we don't know what week Robert was pointing to when he said "this week". It could be any week. 

What do you mean? This week means this week, what else can it mean??

James Goggi

Well since today is a public holiday here in South Africa, I am approaching VHHH in the freighter and will be checking in on news during the day.   I expect a surprise like with the release of the base package hahahah.

Kind regards

Well since today is a public holiday here in South Africa, I am approaching VHHH in the freighter and will be checking in on news during the day.   I expect a surprise like with the release of the base package hahahah.

Kind regards

Too a fellow South African (Durban), I was thinking the exact same thing haha :)

I looked that episode up, its episode 4. He actually said first that it was more like a video game compared to boeing on his inital commentary,

Well yes, he would do. He pilots a 757. Compared to a 757 the avionics in an A320 are far more advanced.

but offcourse then he said is was awesome, but then again he was with airbus people so he was rather bound to it I guess.

I think his astonishment when he banked the Airbus to a crazy attitude, an attitude he would never risk banking a 757 to, and the bus stayed there utterly stable, was genuine to be honest.

There are of course a multitude of Airbus pilots equally delighted with the aircraft. 

have you flown the a320 x extended? It is sort of boring to hand fly even in bad weather conditions,

Tried it briefly, didn't like it. I'm sure the FSLabs version will be better in terms of the flight dynamics.

This doesn't look bring does it? As you can see, the real aircraft is far from boring in a crosswind...