Sign in to follow this  
goosenka

Citation X Business Jet Wilco

So, I downloaded this today.

Issues I have are the worst I have had with any product.

Running FSX, Win 7 64.  System runs PMDG and A2A stuff fine including with FSinn on Vatsim.

Installed fine, loaded up and used the config tool to load cold and dark but engines were running when I loaded the sim.

Mouse clicks do not work in either 3d or 2d, black screens, FSUIPC (registered) will keep loosing the throttle positions, brakes do not work.

So, I uninstalled and deleted my cfg file. Still no joy.

Had a search online and the usual blank help information form Wilco but nothing has worked.

Before I shout loudly is there something I am missing??  

Experienced in Pcs and the weirdness of FSX tweaking but this has me stumped for some reason.

Thanks All

Goose

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Stay far away from Wilco products. That's the best advice I can give you. There is no support provided. Good luck, mate.

Hmmmmmm.  737 PIC wasn't that bad. It certainly was not as bad as this one.

Will fire off an email to them anyway.  You  never know!!

Just to complete this thread.  I was contacted very promptly by their support team who instructed me to get rid of FSinn.  I opted for vpilot instead which appears so much more stable and now everything works fine.  Not the best bird to fly but certainly not the worst!

Goose

Like Jcallum says stay away from wilco products all they do is confirm that you are a human and can suffer of FRUSTRATION :wacko: Sorry can't be of more assistance..Have had the CitationX for a couple of years and no joy, let alone replies to my quarries to Wilco...Not a single one, like I was writting to them in an extraterrestrial language :mad: :blush:.

Berlopez

Just to complete this thread. I was contacted very promptly by their support team who instructed me to get rid of FSinn. I opted for vpilot instead which appears so much more stable and now everything works fine. Not the best bird to fly but certainly not the worst!

Goose

Nice to hear they stepped up!  Still, Eaglesoft is working on a reboot of their Citation X...stellar systems...improved graphics (and, I hope, better hardware support...IhopeIhopeIhope)

And here's my contribution to the revival of a thread from August 2014:

This Citation X is a feelThere development and it has pretty deep systems, the FMC is particularly good. (feelThere also run their own support forum, BTW, so you do not depend on Wilco's support.)

Considering the age of the product, do not expect up-to-date cockpit graphics, though - and yes, I also hope for some more decent biz jet releases in the not too distant future.   B)

Nice to hear they stepped up!  Still, Eaglesoft is working on a reboot of their Citation X...stellar systems...improved graphics (and, I hope, better hardware support...IhopeIhopeIhope)

The Eaglesoft X reboot is still in early development, and a long way off according to the source. They are much further along with a citation XLS+ tho, which I'm sure will spank any other bizjet currently available.

This Citation X is a feelThere development and it has pretty deep systems, the FMC is particularly good. (feelThere also run their own support forum, BTW, so you do not depend on Wilco's support.)

That's actually good to know.  Feelthere has a good reputation.  I had the Eaglesoft version for a few days (had to return it because I couldn't get my hardware working with it at all).  Ugly graphics (and I knew that going in) but, wow, what a joy to fly.  Just a superb FDE and nice systems.

I'll be curious what you think about it after a couple flights.

Eaglesoft is another matter alltogether, I own theire Cessna ll SPX and have always had excellent support even in theire forum. contrary to feelthere where one gets treated like kindergarten if you don't sign your posts by its' moderator, after all this years I've learned the Cit X better.BUt it just doesn't perform in my machine as promised in the box. My FA  animation, which BTW isn't the most important doesn't Work at all unless I load the plane against all the rules of loading the sim, chukking my default plane and replacing it with the Cit.X, then other systems don't load...Dammed if I do and dammed if i don't.

Berlopez 

Just to complete this thread.  I was contacted very promptly by their support team who instructed me to get rid of FSinn.  I opted for vpilot instead which appears so much more stable and now everything works fine.  Not the best bird to fly but certainly not the worst!

Goose

Curious how you're getting along with this plane. 

I have flown the Wilco Cessna X on both FS9 and FSX. It's a fine product although the graphics may be a bit out of date. On my system FSX everything works ok and the aircraft flies well. No issues.

I have flown the Wilco Cessna X on both FS9 and FSX. It's a fine product although the graphics may be a bit out of date. On my system FSX everything works ok and the aircraft flies well. No issues.

Hard to imagine why I haven't heard of it until this post.  Does it work with hardware?  Can you assign switches and buttons to controls?  It might give me a 'fix' until another biz jet comes out.

Gregg, If it is the same as the other Feelthere Jets it will have a full key mapping facility as part of the Feelthere Config tool.

Feelthere always code their gauges in C, so Fsuipc mouse Macros will also work.

I have flown the Wilco Cessna X on both FS9 and FSX. It's a fine product although the graphics may be a bit out of date.

It is difficult to tell from the screenshots but do the VC windows show reflections, hopefully they do.

Feelthere always code their gauges in C, so Fsuipc mouse Macros will also work.

FSUIPC macros would work fine for me.  I can convert most of them to LINDA.

Until I had ot installed in XP, then Vista and now 7 32 i don't have forces with my Microsoft FFll stick, Most annoying; maybe I don't know to use it an d set it up. I purchased once FSForce and thnat worked fantastic until that computer broke, I lost interest and I never took it out and requested a new key from Russel, then I bought a Vista computer and that proved to be the same mistake as my present 8 computer which is sitting on the floor unplugged. might plug it NeXT week as it does have better Graphics than my present 7 computer but it has been reluctant to accept my other programs my mail Things I need to communicate witht he rest of the World.

If you guys are looking at Citation X I would also look carefully at the ESDG Citation X. I also have the ESDG and pretty much transitioned from the Wilco to the ESDG. Just a more modern product graphically.

If you guys are looking at Citation X I would also look carefully at the ESDG Citation X. I also have the ESDG and pretty much transitioned from the Wilco to the ESDG. Just a more modern product graphically.

Gosh, well, I would have loved to do that.  I bought it but had zero success getting any of my hardware working with it.  I loved the flight model in it though.  

I have GoFlight throttle and Saitek yoke and pedals. The issues I had were my reversers didn't work initially until I assigned a button to them and the AP doesn't respond to my change heading button on my yoke. However, they have a little popup panel for heading, CRS , and altitude so it is minimum inconvenience. I fly exclusively VC so I do most of the button/switch stuff with the mouse. Really, either the Wilco or ESDG are fine insofar as the flying goes and they are both rock solid with no CTDs. Everything works as advertised and works well.

I have GoFlight throttle and Saitek yoke and pedals. The issues I had were my reversers didn't work initially until I assigned a button to them and the AP doesn't respond to my change heading button on my yoke. However, they have a little popup panel for heading, CRS , and altitude so it is minimum inconvenience. I fly exclusively VC so I do most of the button/switch stuff with the mouse. Really, either the Wilco or ESDG are fine insofar as the flying goes and they are both rock solid with no CTDs. Everything works as advertised and works well.

Yeah, the only reason I'd even think about the Wilco is until something better came along.  It does look fairly complete and seems like it'd be a good airplane to practice and learn on.  Navigraph, SIDs/STARs...and pretty standard when it comes to setting up hardware.

Really, either the Wilco or ESDG are fine insofar as the flying goes and they are both rock solid with no CTDs. Everything works as advertised and works well.

I am one of the unfortunate folks who's MFD locks up in the ES CX750 hence I am looking for an alternative.

I like Feelthere products and the Feelthere CX seems like the logical choice, I also realise that graphically it may be getting a bit old, that's fine but does it have reflective VC windows, the screenshots seem to look like it doesn't.

Gregg the only way I got hardware working with it was by purchasing FSForce, that solved most of my FF problems with FSX and all the OS's I have had. ( MIND YOU I AM NOT A COMPUTER EXPERT, NOR DO I PRETEND TO BE A KNOW IT ALL) Just report from experience.

Other simmers have told me that ES Cit.X is very good they are pilots themselves, perhaps not Cit.X pilots but they tell me thr systems are very realistic.

Feelthere CX VC display is a bit odd in my opinion there are a couple of shadows in the cnter consol that I get but don't see in yutube videos which is where I check to compare how the planes display, then I guess that my performance can be affected by hardware.

Gregg the only way I got hardware working with it was by purchasing FSForce, that solved most of my FF problems with FSX and all the OS's I have had. ( MIND YOU I AM NOT A COMPUTER EXPERT, NOR DO I PRETEND TO BE A KNOW IT ALL) Just report from experience.

I had the yoke and pedals working.  The buttons, switches and knobs not a bit.  Not going to belabor the point but it's the only aircraft I've had that I couldn't get working.  Nearly all work in some regard out of the box.  They must have a very custom way of creating their cockpit. The feel of the airplane was superb when I took it up to see if I'd actually want to fly it by mouse.  Some folks, I know, do that but it was strange since I kept reaching for my knobs and stuff.

Feelthere CX VC display is a bit odd in my opinion there are a couple of shadows in the cnter consol that I get but don't see in yutube videos which is where I check to compare how the planes display, then I guess that my performance can be affected by hardware.

Yeah, I've heard the graphics aren't good.

Gregg: I aspologize Memory fault ( Mine) Yes CitX didn't respond well to forces, It was no good even with FSForce, i contacted support, only to get the answer that they don't support someone elsess' products and to make sure I have FSUIPC installed,Which I know is a must in many cases ( Still someone elses product, but a nessesity for many products in FS).

BTW Did you get FFB working?

Berlopez

Sign in to follow this