Sign in to follow this  
blacky75

XPlane over 3 Screens...

Just installed and tested them... amazing!!!!! See yourself :-) Flying around gives you a better feeling of being in the air.... :-) Not as much as OR of course, but way better than one little screen...

IMG_6466.jpg IMG_6469.jpg IMG_6470.jpg

IMG_6471.jpg IMG_6472.jpg IMG_6473.jpg

IMG_6474.jpg IMG_6475.jpg IMG_6476.jpg

IMG_6478.jpg IMG_6479.jpg IMG_6480.jpg

IMG_6481.jpg

That is nice.

nebojsa

WOW!!! Excellent Set-Up!!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Very nice, I'll be going for 3 27" Samsung fairly shortly too. I have 3 screens but they are a mismatched bunch in size and type so no good for XP really. Makes a huge difference to simming and gaming, you'll never go back to one monitor now.

How do you run triple screen set up on X-Plane? I thought it requires 3 seperate computers for this?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

thnx all :-)

@MdMax: OR is excellent, tried it... but.... BIG problem, and far being alone in this case: sickness.... ;-) I can fly 1 minute w/o problems... after 1 minutes my sickness get really, really bad! You'll see :-)

@captain420: where did you read you need one PC per screen?! It works on any graphcard, supporting multiple screens.

blacky75 I didn't know that was possible. I have a GTX 680, will that work? And how do you set up X-Plane for 3 screens? Is it built into the game or do I need special software?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

blacky75 I didn't know that was possible. I have a GTX 680, will that work? And how do you set up X-Plane for 3 screens? Is it built into the game or do I need special software?

Built in to the nvidia drivers but you must have 3 of the same screes to enable surround. Youll need to choose some that support multiple connections since there is only 2 DVI ports on your card you'll prob have to get 3 that support DVI and HDMI 

@MdMax: OR is excellent, tried it... but.... BIG problem, and far being alone in this case: sickness.... ;-) I can fly 1 minute w/o problems... after 1 minutes my sickness get really, really bad! You'll see :-)

If it was an early Oculus Rift model, it's just made to become sick: poor precision and bad latency for head movement tracking, persistence and low resolution on the screens.

I'm sure in future versions this sickness problem will be fixed. But we'll still look ridiculous while using it. :lol:

I just can't wait for this.

If it was an early Oculus Rift model, it's just made to become sick: poor precision and bad latency for head movement tracking, persistence and low resolution on the screens.

Yep, I've heard the v2 oculus rift is much better in this regard. I tried out the first one at the Aerosoft Flight Sim expo in Germany, and it really makes you dizzy after a minute. i.e. I couldn't imagine myself using it very often. But if they fix this, then this is definitely the way to go in flight simming, I'm just curious how you click things in the cockpit, must be quite difficult

slayer answered but I'll make it clearer:

Yes your card supports 3 screen. You got same connection at the back as I have. I had to add on the 2 DV ports a converter DV to HDMI (for HDMI pure cables, the 3rd screen goes simply to the HDMI port with a HDMI cable on your card.

You'll need 3 monitors which support SAME resolutions, the rest is simple then. You enable all this under nvidia control panel. I play XPlane in a window, so I just stretch it.

Have fun then :-)