Sign in to follow this  
calooom

DoveTail Games Buys Licensing Deal with Microsoft

Knowing DTG season textures will be DLC

*ducks*

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I hope DTG includes seasonal textures also.

Actually, X-Plane is the only sim/game I've ever heard of that had seasons and no textures for them.

Anyone wanna correct me on that?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Guys, it's called global warming, X-Plane is just looking into the future with its seasonal outlook.

Jim, ignore the peanut gallery; it's what you say, not how many words it takes to say it. Verbal diarrhea is vastly overrated.

There was a free user-made mod for X-Plane 9 called "Winter World":

http://forums.xplanefreeware.net/topic/6762-winter-world-25-for-xp-96/

Doesn't work on XPX, but the person who made this says it can be done. However, he's waiting (last I heard) on the constant changes in the v10 art assets to settle down, so he doesn't have to keep re-working the textures. That's a problem many devs have with X-Plane by the way, including payware developers like Carenado. It's a constantly moving target. So we may get this mod eventually (there's that word again!).

And if that doesn't happen, Austin and the other devs have also said they'll try to get winter textures into the version 10 run, but who knows? I wouldn't hold my breath for Autumn and Spring versions, but it doesn't seem like it's a massive undertaking to get snow at higher/lower latitudes. Once again... work in progress.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

A company who can make train simming popular (I think trains are even more niche than flight simming) deserves a fair hearing.

http://steamcharts.com/app/24010

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I am assuming that we don't know how the 3rd party add-on system will work like fs2crew or PMDG?

"it will eventually be there"

and im sure one day "it will eventually be plausible"

Image removed as image is no longer available.

he's waiting

Waiting

Wait

Wait a bit

Wait for the next update

Wait for the next utility

We are waiting

Wait for the payware

Wait for the data

Wait for the 3D objects

I am tired of waiting any longer so I am waiting for DTG to do something. 

After Aces closed, X-plane had its chance.

They coasted.

Then Flight went away, 3PD was a work in progress, and the field was open.

X-Plane coasted.

P3D V2 stumbled in its debut.

X-Plane coasted

DTG's new entry is a year away.

My prediction? X-plane will coast. I can only assume X-plane exists in a separate, self-sustaining bubble universe where the normal rules of commercial competition have no meaning.

Alrighty, then!

Devons rig

I can only assume X-plane exists in a separate, self-sustaining bubble universe where the normal rules of commercial competition have no meaning.

Well then, it's a good thing Lockheed Martin and its Prepar3D project doesn't exist in a self-sustaining bubble universe where the normal rules of commercial competition have no meaning.

Oh, wait....   ^_^

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

There's that magical word again........................

Well then, it's a good thing Lockheed Martin and its Prepar3D project doesn't exist in a self-sustaining bubble universe where the normal rules of commercial competition have no meaning.

Oh, wait....   ^_^

I'm missing the like button right now. I love Prepar3D but a good point is a good point

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Oh, wait....   ^_^

There is a difference, though. P3D actually does live in its own little military-industrial pocket universe, and its been pointed out more than once that they don't need us for a single thing except maybe for some free beta testing and a little lunch money. Development funds come roundabout via the bottomless pockets of the US taxpayer. We are not their primary market.

Laminar just acts like its in its own universe free from mere market competition, yet its hard to see what such apparent complacency is based upon, as there seems little evidence of some deep pocketed big brother in the wings, hemorrhaging inexhaustible loads of excess development cash to keep afloat a boat that's moving forward so slowly, that unless you keep careful track it seems to be anchored in a bay.

At least they got onto Steam before whatever DTG offers next year, but why do I suspect they will do almost nothing to exploit the opportunity?

Devons rig

I am tired of waiting any longer so I am waiting for DTG to do something.

Well if you feel you are waiting too long for them Jim, let me know and I will shout you a developers subscription to P3D <grin>.