Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Something Special in the Air.....

Remember the AA commercial?  If you're old enough to remember it, it should now be in your head, hehe.  If not...google "Something special in the air"

Needs alot of work...VERY early preview...but I have the metal on the PMDG 777 now...you know I had to paint it.  :smile:

777aa1bmp.png

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hehe thanks Richard.

We commented on each other's paint at the same time...while you were in here commenting on mine, I was doing the same in your thread.  :lol:

Oh my god. Steve! Love it, love it.

Must I say it looks great already! You know I must be your check airman for this one!  :lol:

Wow, even though these liveries never meant much back in the day, these AAs have grown on me, you know I've been fond of them for a while. Even though they may say "it's on too many planes", this really is now Something Special in the air.

Oh my god. Steve! Love it, love it.

Must I say it looks great already! You know I must be your check airman for this one! 

Wow, even though these liveries never meant much back in the day, these AAs have grown on me, you know I've been fond of them for a while. Even though they may say "it's on too many planes", this really is now Something Special in the air.

Hey Juan, I can imagine living by KMIA, you see "almost" the volume of AA as we do here at DFW.  :P

Yes, you qualify for the check airman program for this airframe.  Please send me an email with your email address and you'll be receiving your contract, and the airframe when it's reach check airman level.

And you also qualify for the Flying Tiger airframe, I'll send it when I get your email.

My email is included in the readme of every plane you've downloaded from me if you're looking for it. Hehe.

I saw your comment on my contract verbiage...so you know the rules of the program...remember to bring your parachute.  We are not lenient on violators....the last one was was over water when we asked him to leave...he skipped like a flat rock about 15 times before he slowed down...talk about an atomic wedgie! :LMAO:

Hey Juan, I can imagine living by KMIA, you see "almost" the volume of AA as we do here at DFW.

Yep, I see aircraft all day on their final approach almost anywhere I go, even when I'm not doing anything aircraft/airport related. I'll send you a message.

Yep, I see aircraft all day on their final approach almost anywhere I go, even when I'm not doing anything aircraft/airport related. I'll send you a message.

Got the message, you have the airframe...you know what to do next. :wink:

OMG Its Skully!

Someone who's ALMOST been here as long as me! (Gotcha beat by 2 days my old friend!) :BigGrin:

Of course...most folks here probably don't know our counters go back even further than that....I remember when they reset them after the complete website overhaul.

Thanks for the comment...and you can be sure you're an automatic member of the check airman program if you have the PMDG 777 and wish to fly this paint before anyone else.

I have a standing rule that anyone that has been a member of the forum for over a decade gets pre-release paints anytime they want.  :Big Grin:

And since your avatar that you've had forever is an AA 727 tail, I'd imagine you may have a fondness for the airline (at least its OLD livery).

If you have the PMDG 777 and you want to be a check airman for this paint just let me know old friend.

Hey that aint no freighter

I go both ways.  (man, could that phrase be misinterpreted or what? :LMAO: )  Besides, its customary for a painter to paint his or her hometown airline.  :wink:

I go both ways. (man, could that phrase be misinterpreted or what? )

Thought you'd done a little prison time there for a minute :lol:   Well that billionaire from outside of Dallas DID start Flying Tigers back up after FedEx bought them out about 25 years ago, so I guess it's acceptable to haul a couple of pax every now and then :He He:

Hey Steve, hope this isn't too much to ask but can you send me (or post) a photo of the full body of this beauty?

OMG Its Skully!

Someone who's ALMOST been here as long as me! (Gotcha beat by 2 days my old friend!) :BigGrin:

Of course...most folks here probably don't know our counters go back even further than that....I remember when they reset them after the complete website overhaul.

Thanks for the comment...and you can be sure you're an automatic member of the check airman program if you have the PMDG 777 and wish to fly this paint before anyone else.

I have a standing rule that anyone that has been a member of the forum for over a decade gets pre-release paints anytime they want.  :Big Grin:

And since your avatar that you've had forever is an AA 727 tail, I'd imagine you may have a fondness for the airline (at least its OLD livery).

If you have the PMDG 777 and you want to be a check airman for this paint just let me know old friend.

Hey Steve! Sorry I missed your reply  <_<

I remember well the great server crash.. omg the humanity..  the smoldering ruins..

Always great to see you and your fabulous art!  :lol:

Man I wish I did have the PMDG 777 or I'd be all over it.

It is about the only bird missing from my AA collection.

If you're posting up an AA paint for it I'll have to get it now!

Clear skies brother!  B)

My friend. Good to see you're still doing this. AWESOME as usual.

Best regards

Daniel H

My friend. Good to see you're still doing this. AWESOME as usual.

Best regards

Daniel H

OMG its an old timers party!!!  Ladies & Gentlemen, may I introduce Mr. Daniel Halpern, my paint partner in crime years ago!...a man who knows metal like Xudeva (And they are both from Mexico...coincidence?  Hmmm).  In fact, we partnered on a few EMB-120 paints waaay back where I used his metal (Its a weakness of mine...stealing other's metal textures, hehe.)

You non-painters out there need to try and encourage this man to pick up the paintbrush again...he's one of the best!

Daniel, it is GREAT to hear from you...man we need to catch up!

OK...I just clicked the link under your sig Daniel....OMG.....Guys....THIS MAN is the artist here...I pale in comparison. :blush:

Click the "Complete Collection" link and see if you don't agree.

:blush:  :blush:  I pale myself with these words from "THE" Artist. I've admired your work since back in the day. Yes it was quite a few years ago when we partnered in a few projects and it was really fun. The link.... Complete Collection Oh!... yes I've been working on these project for quite some time now and I use it to relax... everything form scratch.  :rolleyes:

Seriously, we really need to catch up. I've been absent from "my aviation home" (AVSIM) -_-  and I really miss everyone here, made good friends and more importantly people that share this great hobby. 

Thanks Steve for this kind and warming welcome back, I say hi to everyone and if anyone knows some software for Mac in which I could see the wonderful models out there I may throw a few paints again.

Best Regards

Daniel

OK...I just clicked the link under your sig Daniel....OMG.....Guys....THIS MAN is the artist here...I pale in comparison.
Click the "Complete Collection" link and see if you don't agree.

I pale myself with these words from "THE" Artist. I've admired your work since back in the day. Yes it was quite a few years ago when we partnered in a few projects and it was really fun. The link.... Complete Collection Oh!... yes I've been working on these project for quite some time now and I use it to relax... everything form scratch. 

Seriously, we really need to catch up. I've been absent from "my aviation home" (AVSIM)  and I really miss everyone here, made good friends and more importantly people that share this great hobby. 

Thanks Steve for this kind and warming welcome back, I say hi to everyone and if anyone knows some software for Mac in which I could see the wonderful models out there I may throw a few paints again.

Best Regards
Daniel

Hey Daniel, I'll agree if you do, that maybe we are a bit on the modest side, but equal admirers of each other's work.  :smile:

There are still a few of the old-timer's here, and I hope they are reading this and chime in...it was great back in the day!

I don't know of any MAC software that would let you fly FS...but I hear of Windows emulators out there that let you run it on a MAC if you have the horsepower and right version of the OS.  Hopefully someone with knowledge can chime in...Simmers....I'm TELLING you...you WANT this man back in our hobby supplying paints..so help my fellow painter and FFG/SGA member get back into our hobby :)

Hey Daniel, I'll agree if you do, that maybe we are a bit on the modest side, but equal admirers of each other's work.  :smile:

There are still a few of the old-timer's here, and I hope they are reading this and chime in...it was great back in the day!

I don't know of any MAC software that would let you fly FS...but I hear of Windows emulators out there that let you run it on a MAC if you have the horsepower and right version of the OS.  Hopefully someone with knowledge can chime in...Simmers....I'm TELLING you...you WANT this man back in our hobby supplying paints..so help my fellow painter and FFG/SGA member get back into our hobby :)

I agree with you, we are a bit modest  :blush: in the right kind of way. We've all supported good painters and friends here. Thanks for putting a word and see if something comes out; you never know my friend.... I might throw in a few paints again.

OH and BTW you can't even begin to know how much I enjoyed flying your SGA PAN AM A300-B4 paint. One of my all time favorite!

On the techie side, I do run MAC OSX Mavericks on a MacBook Pro Quad Core 2.0 Ghz; 16MB RAM 1333Mhz DDR3; AMD Radeon 256 Mb Graphics Card; 500Gb Hard Drive.

Best Regards

Daniel

Great pic Steve.........and fun reading through 'old boys' comments too.  I wonder how many can go back as far as Avsim's launch and the Project Freeware days?  All seems like a long time ago now.

Great pic Steve.........and fun reading through 'old boys' comments too.  I wonder how many can go back as far as Avsim's launch and the Project Freeware days?  All seems like a long time ago now.

Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's GEZZER-town! LOL.  

Yet another painter-extraordinaire.  Good to see you again.   You of course are "grandfathered" into my check airman program.  If you want pre-releases of my paints just shoot me your email address.

Really good to see the old gang crawling out of the wood work.  Ok all you old-time lurkers...reveal yourselves! I command you to appear! :LMAO:  

I wonder why American Airlines got rid of this iconic silver livery and painted all their planes white like any other airline? Simply such a shame to change their branding so dramatically as the old one really made it interesting to see the rare AA plane arriving at Domodedovo in the past years.

Ironically quite a long time ago, Aeroflot changed from white to silver. Although not the same kind of bare metal...

Remember the AA commercial?  If you're old enough to remember it, it should now be in your head, hehe.  If not...google "Something special in the air"

Needs alot of work...VERY early preview...but I have the metal on the PMDG 777 now...you know I had to paint it.  :smile:

Looking great there Steve looks like the brush is full steam ahead :-)