Sign in to follow this  
SpoonerFLIGHT

Will You Re-Buy Fsx On Steam Later This Year?

I won't buy until I now the extent of any patching - if any?

Why would you? All they are going to do is get multiplayer to work with their own servers, and for the Steam environment. 

I have a legitimate copy that has been activated around 3 times. I see no purpose in buying the same software a second time.

FSX doesn't need tweaking which is all the new owners could do. It needs a total rewrite.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Nope.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

If they eliminate the need to fix things before you even start using FSX (like the UIAutomationCore.dll and HIGHMEMFIX fixes), fix at least a few more major issues and add a good multiplayer component, I will probably get it on a sale. Having FSX on Steam would be very convenient for me.

I simply don't understand this "Steam" and why it is supposed to be so good - maybe I'm too old. So in short, no.

David Porrett

Definitely not! The only thing I am committed to doing with FSX is permanently uninstall it after P3DV2 is a little further along. Perhaps after V2.3

I simply don't understand this "Steam" and why it is supposed to be so good - maybe I'm too old. So in short, no.

Your right! Its only good for Video Games. IMO FSX and X-plane are totally unsuited to Steam

Why would you? All they are going to do is get multiplayer to work with their own servers, and for the Steam environment.

I currently own the GFWL version. Steam will be better.

Steam is a very convenient way of holding my library of games, and it doesn't pose a draconian kind of DRM that limits the amount of times you can install a game or locks it to your computer. I can install or uninstall my games whenever and wherever I want, and they automatically update. The fact that I can also chat with my friends and look up things on the Internet while playing also makes it a great solution.

Of course it's not for everyone, but there's a reason it's so popular.

I've always found steam to be very good at what it does.just me..but i've never had a problem with them.

As for Rebuying FSX..depends what they do to it.if they fix a enough to warrant me buying it again i wouldn't hesitate to use steam,

as i said it's always been a good way of buying software and of course patches are applied through steam.

steve

ahhhhh,,,,,,,no not in this life time or the next. You guys need to relax your fingers....take a big deep breath......now release it slowly and just walk away. It will be alright. As someone once wrote "You will always live in the past until you are willing to turn your back on it".

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/