Sign in to follow this  
SpoonerFLIGHT

Will You Re-Buy Fsx On Steam Later This Year?

FSX? What's FSX?  :rolleyes:

I love Steam btw: whenever I want to buy a game (which doesn't happen too often) I prefer to get it through Steam, if possible. They indeed have great summer and christmas sales. (Bought the complete version of Train Sim for something like 5 euro's a few years ago and if I want to I can install the latest version for free!) And I also like how your progress is saved online: if you get a new PC, you simply reinstall it through Steam and you can continue where you left off. Another great thing is that you can buy Steam keys online really cheap (apart from those sales I never buy something in the Steam store itself).

Get it on steam if scenery and planes add ons work as do like fsx with cd disc.. Like steam as I download a game onto new pc no problems.

Steam is great, but I'd have a hard time justifying re-purchasing ANY software program just so I could have it in my Steam library.

If you're worried about your FSX and Acceleration DVD's getting lost or scratched, simply just copy all of them to your hard drive. You can install FSX as you normally would from that hard drive folder, and activate it just as you always would too. No muss, no fuss, and wicked-fast installation time as compared to spinning up the DVDs for it.   (*And perfectly legal as you're not attempting to defeat or skirt around any copy/activation protections in the process... but I digress...)

FSX? What's FSX?  :rolleyes:

I love Steam btw: whenever I want to buy a game (which doesn't happen too often) I prefer to get it through Steam, if possible. They indeed have great summer and christmas sales. (Bought the complete version of Train Sim for something like 5 euro's a few years ago and if I want to I can install the latest version for free!) And I also like how your progress is saved online: if you get a new PC, you simply reinstall it through Steam and you can continue where you left off. Another great thing is that you can buy Steam keys online really cheap (apart from those sales I never buy something in the Steam store itself).

Exactly. For me, what might make Steam a no brainer would be if something like if all of my Orbx stuff would auto-download and install with all the current updates, while I went and read War And Peace again or something. Currently some addons (not just Orbx) are such a laborious process of reinstallation that its enough to make you cry.

Its practically medieval, and its about time flight simming stepped up to the modern world a bit.

People here have learned all sorts of tricks to make it a little easier, but expecting new customers to dig into labyrinthine procedures just to re-install is an absolutely massive barrier to sales in this day and age. Lets hope Flight1 and DTG working together  (Europe or american branch) is a first step into a future.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

No way, the last thing I need is more programs running beside FSX, especially when that program is a memory hog and forces advertisements down my throat. Besides, I already bought the Gold edition for an unbelievable $30. That seems hard to beat, I'm curious what Steam pricing will be. I bet it'll be more than $30.