Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Is this a scam?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

ok and when i go to select the ng i get a CTD 

i have entered my key 5 times and its not taking it

em ok but its not taking my key though on my box?

well told to type in my key, but sorry i have been trying that all night last night and today. what a joke. looks like a re-install

well told to type in my key, but sorry i have been trying that all night last night and today. what a joke. looks like a re-install

Running the sim as an administrator?

Yeh set it as run as admin in properties!

I will try right click run as admin and report back

It may be some malware issue that's 'messing' around with your system, only a thought. If you haven't already done so, install and run Malwarebytes.

Rickliffe

I have just removed viruses with this -

http://www.emsisoft....n/software/eek/

rogue.win32.fakeAV (A) 1 registry key

Adware.win32.adhere (A) 1 registry key

trojan.html.fakealert. p (

Those were prob causing windows to crash and its been a day now :)

GREMLINS lol

So after all this was a scam haha i was right in my instincts.

And its shocking how PMDG never recognised this even though i took screen shots of the ugly looking window asking for a key. It was just a white little box kinda like the old windows classic looking grey square box.

Going to right to them and ask why they didn't even bother to look at my dropbox i paste to them.

If it's the image in your original post here, that is the legitimate box that you need to enter your Serial Key in to.

To say again, the image in your original post here is not a scam it is the genuine box that you enter you're NGX Serial Key in to, after first purchasing.

It sounds like the virus(es) you had may have messed with your Registry.    As far as I know, that Serial Number box only pops up if the PMDG authentication certificate/key have not been stored in registry.

The virus fix that you did probably restored your registry  = problem solved.

I don't really get why you're annoyed with PMDG.   You had a virus and it affected the authentication of your NGX;   don't really see how that is PMDG's fault....

Just i never received this box when activating the NGX it was from the installation!

So glad its all resolved now :)

Well back to flying now

A few weeks ago a windows update broke my registry bad. So bad I had to do a restore. Appearently I had a BSOD during the update. But I didn't notice it as I had let the computer shut down when I went to bed. Next morning the computer was turned on with a fatal error recovery message on screen. After that my PMDG licenses all stopped working. The solution was a system restore from a point before the update. I don't believe malware was a part of my problem.

Vernon, glad you got it sorted. Viruses and malware have a nasty habit of getting into your registry and creating havoc with a whole shed load of things. When things start to happen on your computer with no rational explanation, quite often you can pin it down to a virus or malware. But as Craig said, it has nothing to do with PMDG whatsoever, it could just as easily have been some other addon or addons you were experiencing difficulties with. Do yourself a favour though, if you haven't already done so, get yourself a  good quality backup system in place so that in future, if need be, you can simply reinstall Windows and FSX simply and easily!

Yep thanks for that i'll keep on scanning :)

Going to get myself a external hard drive and back it up using acronis

Yep thanks for that i'll keep on scanning :)

Going to get myself a external hard drive and back it up using acronis

A very wise move Vernon. Acronis has got me out of many a scrape over the years. Having that assurance is very comforting.

As long  its the same size of the hard drives you have installed, so be best if  its an external hard drive,  thats what I got anyways

Got an SSD and HDD, will purchase one tonight and back it up with acronis :)