Sign in to follow this  
charleslee201

Where is P3DV2.3 better than FSX Dx 10

At least from the guys that do airliner flights (and I think most of us if not all, do).

Objection! I never do airliner flights.

Spirit

no updates means everything works everytime

So you will fly a buggy Software for ever?

Have fun. :rolleyes:

Actual cloud shadows on dx10 FSX? How?

I didn't speak of cloud shadows in FSX, I said cloud performance, meaning the anti-aliasing performance.

Objection! I never do airliner flights.

Spirit

Objection accepted of course! Then you can enjoy P3D with no regrets  :P

So you will fly a buggy Software for ever?

Have fun. :rolleyes:

I don't think its buggy. If set up correctly there are no errors, it just working fine. If something works why stop using it? I think the 'update mania' is common these days from mobile devices, to operating systems, to flight software. We are a little 'update junkies'. If something is not constantly updating it doesn't mean it is bad. It may just mean that is performs what it was designed for correctly.

To set it in another way "A software that can run the best airliner simulation ever or a software that cannot?" I realized that this question can't be disregarded by myself whatever new P3D has to offer. Let's face it : Are we dependent from PMDG? I say, ''yes we are, because they can''.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Let's face it : Are we dependent from PMDG? I say, ''yes we are, because they can''

No, we're not because others can too.

Spirit

No, we're not because others can too.

Spirit

When another B777 simulation close or better to the PMDG's one, appears, this would be valid. Others may can but until now they haven't appeared.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

well I agree, given up on P3D...for airliners it is just not there in performance. It does not support a Full Screen Mode it uses a hybridised window which cannot and does not work with NI so Vsynch impacts.

It really does have stutter issues because of this and I believe a rendering issue with the scenery....and this is running on basic with no AG, because we cannot implement any sort of control with Nvidia in the hybridised window it is hard to get smooth running even though the fps is at 30.

So will retain P3D on the separate drive for now and I may once in while buzz around in a GA but nothing more, I do not believe version 2.4 coming Monday touches this issue.

DX10 with the shadowing in the cockpit works just as well and the new AEX 319 even now supports it...

Not sure if I will keep P3D in the long run have a month left to get a refund and cannot see any big improvement happening in that short time....but I suppose it provides me with an alternative.

What ever you fly enjoy!

Punch some buttons. Watch your perfectly simulated flying bus follow a pretty magenta line...no thanks :-b I kid! Different strokes, I know.

Chris

well I agree, given up on P3D...for airliners it is just not there in performance. It does not support a Full Screen Mode it uses a hybridised window which cannot and does not work with NI so Vsynch impacts.

vSync = on results in stutter if one's sim can't hold the refresh rate of the monitor

vSync = off results in tearing but no or less stutter

That's it.

Spirit

Actual cloud shadows on dx10 FSX? How?

www.luerkens.homepage.t-online.de/peter/

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1) better anti-aliasing

2) no updates means everything works everytime - nothing will break an add-on one day.

3) moving vehicles in Fly Tampas airports

4) better cloud fps performance

5) brighter colors (in P3D white is greyish - cockpits are very dark for me)

6) AES support/moving jetways

1. Anti-aliasing in P3D v2.3 on my new PC looks better than FSX in DX10 mode ever did on my old PC. Far too much shimmering in the distance for me with the latter. In fact, FSX in DX9 mode looked a lot better than it did in DX10. As far as I could see, the only advantage of using DX10 mode on my old PC was the superior VAS management (which to be fair was a tempting prospect).

2. Absolutely agree with you on that one. In fact, it's one of the strengths of FSX when compared to P3D.

3. Can't comment on this one, because I don't have any FlyTampa airports.

4. A bug in the cloud rendering engine in 2.3 has been fixed for 2.4. I think (although I am not certain about this) that the fix will significantly improve framerates.

5. I prefer the slightly darker look in P3D, because I always felt that the world lighting in FSX was too "harsh" and bright. In fact, it's why I preferred to start all of my flights at dawn, so that I could enjoy the much more atmospheric lighting and colours.

6. I don't use AES, so I can't comment on this one.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

At least from the guys that do airliner flights (and I think most of us if not all, do). PMDG 777 not being available in P3D is reason enough for not moving to P3D. Period.

For you possibly & that is fine.

However do not assume that ALL flight sim enthusiasts fly tube liners - because we don't.  Plenty of us fly classic aircraft, warbirds or do a bit of bush flying every now & then.  Or all three.  Or even just to keep our hands in in the A2A C172 when a visit to the local airfield is not possible.

I am a very recent convert to P3D, & as I enjoy all of the catgeories that I've just mentioned, I find it to be a better looking, smoother & more stable simulation than FSX for me to enjoy myself in.  So it doesn't support the PMDG 777?  So what?  I'm not interested in flying the 777, no matter how good a sim it may be.  I can understand that being a matter of concern to one segment of the flight simming enthusiast population, but please don't try to fit us all into one, narrow category.

The flight sim hobby is big enough & wide enough for all of us to enjoy what we take from it.  I take what I want from it, & I leave you to do the same.  But please, don't go making unsubstantiated assumptions such as the one that I have quoted.

For you possibly & that is fine.

However do not assume that ALL flight sim enthusiasts fly tube liners - because we don't.  Plenty of us fly classic aircraft, warbirds or do a bit of bush flying every now & then.  Or all three.  Or even just to keep our hands in in the A2A C172 when a visit to the local airfield is not possible.

I am a very recent convert to P3D, & as I enjoy all of the catgeories that I've just mentioned, I find it to be a better looking, smoother & more stable simulation than FSX for me to enjoy myself in.  So it doesn't support the PMDG 777?  So what?  I'm not interested in flying the 777, no matter how good a sim it may be.  I can understand that being a matter of concern to one segment of the flight simming enthusiast population, but please don't try to fit us all into one, narrow category.

The flight sim hobby is big enough & wide enough for all of us to enjoy what we take from it.  I take what I want from it, & I leave you to do the same.  But please, don't go making unsubstantiated assumptions such as the one that I have quoted.

Roger that, completely understood your point. So re-phrase my statement only for the tubeliner flight simmers! Happy flying! :)

vSync = on results in stutter if one's sim can't hold the refresh rate of the monitor

vSync = off results in tearing but no or less stutter

I'm currently running with vsync off for this reason [had to turn off Aero to force no vsync].... the sim is far-far smoother, though I do get the odd ripple of tearing, but it is far less distracting that the hic-ups. I'm getting FSX 1/2 vsync smoothness like this, even if there is a tear now and then.

Oh, and I never do heavy iron either... Never have never will. Life is too short for that nonsense :P

When you pilot a big commercial airliner, how much do you outside anyway? This must be why a lot of folks think that FSX and P3d look exactly the same, even though FSX doesn't even look half as good as XP10. And XP10 doesn't look  quite as good as P3d, just because it doesn't have anywhere the number and quality of 3rd party add-ons.

I get it. people are pining for PMDG aircraft on P3d. You'll get your wish.

I get it. people are pining for PMDG aircraft on P3d. You'll get your wish.

Its inevitable 

Rich Sennett