Sign in to follow this  

Prepar3D V2.4 patch will be released Monday 9/29/14

Oh boy, don't blindly delete the 2nd folder especially. Arrividerci dll&exe.xml.

The second folder holds the Prepar3D.cfg, the logbook and some other things about cameras and controls. Nothing that cannot be rebuilt when you launch Prepar3D again.

Maybe someone mentioned this, but with v2.4 i'm getting an error ("addon manager will not run") with the add-on manager for airports from FSDT.. i'm assuming they /it wont work until there is a patch or am i missing something? 

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I don't use add on manager but IIRC someone posted that there is an update or fix for the issue. You'll have to search for it though, don't have it handy.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Maybe someone mentioned this, but with v2.4 i'm getting an error ("addon manager will not run") with the add-on manager for airports from FSDT.. i'm assuming they /it wont work until there is a patch or am i missing something? 

Just reinstall and everything works fine.

Oh boy, don't blindly delete the 2nd folder especially. Arrividerci dll&exe.xml.

Nope! I made a copy of my 2.3(Prepar3D v2) folder and renamed it Prepar3D v2.copy, thereby effectively deleting it. I then installed the 2.4 patch.

Once the 2.4 patch installed with no errors, I renamed the newly created Prepar3D v2 folder to ".2.4 install folder".

Then I renamed Prepar3D v2.copy to Prepar3D v2. Thus bringing back my old pre 2.4 upgrade files.

BTW...I don't know why you were so worried about the Dll.xml and exe.XML files. They are easily re-created.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

^ Sure, if you've got a backup.

The point was one shouldn't fork with folders if you don't know what youre doing.

The second folder holds the Prepar3D.cfg, the logbook and some other things about cameras and controls. Nothing that cannot be rebuilt when you launch Prepar3D again.

Sounds like to didn't have the aforementioned files in the 1st place, which explains this.

^ Sure, if you've got a backup.

The point was one shouldn't fork with folders if you don't know what youre doing.

Sounds like to didn't have the aforementioned files in the 1st place, which explains this.

What are you talking about? I did have those files before, else how would I be able to delete them? Unless you don't want to lose your logbook and your Prepar3D.cfg settings (and those two can be easily backed up), it's safe deleting those files. Prepar3D will build them again when you launch it.

And I'll just let you know that deleting all those folders is what fixed the low FPS issue for me.

FSDT released an update to the add-on manager almost immediately after the release of Prepar3D 2.4.  Just go to the FSDT website, click on any of the products, scroll down the page and download the latest version of the add-on manager and then run it.

Me too! But , While keeping all my settings from 2.2 2.3,I've also noticed a distinct loss of frames per second…from 30 FPS in V2.3 to 6 to 9 frames a second in the 2.4.

Anybody else?

Chas

After Twiddling with my backup core files/folders....I am Up to 36 FPS with High to Ultra scenery....YAYYYYYYYY!!...btw....checked for my pilot logs cause I'm vain and found : 

one of my old Pilot Logs!!!

I know it's off topic...but...can the Pilot log be edited/merged?....I spent quite a few hours earning my PE I-11 this summer, and it's in a different log.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Guys, ask yourself how many % of your time you are actually flying, and how many % of your time your are spending on patching P3Dv2?  

I have v2.3 and I am very pleased with that version, and I have decided not to patch until v2.9 :) 

I followed Robs excellent instructions B to the point and was up in the air again after one hour with 10-15 % added fps.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I have v2.3 and I am very pleased with that version, and I have decided not to patch until v2.9 :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spirit

Rob Ainscough - thank you very much indeed for your guidance in installing the 2.4 patch. Normally I go down the full re-installation route, but the prospect was too daunting this time round. Your precise and well-written instructions were easy to follow and ensured that even I didn't make a complete arse of it. Thanks also for all the other help and advice you dispense here, on your website, and on the LM P3D forum. Much appreciated ! :)

I followed Robs excellent instructions B to the point and was up in the air again after one hour with 10-15 % added fps.

I think I'm getting slightly better performance too. I wasn't going to bother patching to 2.4, but now I'm glad I made the effort.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Guys, ask yourself how many % of your time you are actually flying, and how many % of your time your are spending on patching P3Dv2?

Er, a tiny percentage, and I don't do long flights... Its should be more a question of how long you spend on forums, instead of flying :P

Rob - thank you for the detailed instructions, unfortunately option "B" became a disaster after I accidently deleted a folder I should have not deleted, so I moved onto option "a thru h, then back to 5 thru 12" which worked perfectly..... Thank you, Nick

Nick Sciortino