Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Fix list after SP1

What aircraft changes do we make for the gear time?

Maybe Bert can fix some of those bugs.

I suspect there is no fix apart from custom code that Carenado would write.  How far off is it?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

What aircraft changes do we make for the gear time?

Look under [contact_points] in your aircraft.cfg.  Entries 11 and 12 for the gear contact points control extension and retraction time.  Adjust to your liking.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Look under [contact_points] in your aircraft.cfg.  Entries 11 and 12 for the gear contact points control extension and retraction time.  Adjust to your liking.

Wow...that's good to know! I have learned more form this one airplane than all the others.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Can you suggest some times for my liking? :)

Can you suggest some times for my liking? :)

For those who want a more accurate gear extension/retraction time, I tried to take an average from a few real life flights this week and came up with:

Nose: 3 second retraction, 11 second extension

Left main: 12 second retraction, 12 second extension

Right main: 11 second retraction, 12 second extension

These can be changed in the aircraft.cfg.

5, 5,

10, 10,

10, 10,

These numbers right?

First number is extension, 2nd is retraction?

Which altitude sound file do you replace? The Flight1 sound has a wing level and alt alerter, one has 3 beeps the other 5 beeps. Carenado has ALT and ALTOUT sound files. Which ones do I replace?

In their bottom GNS530, if you change the NAV frequency to a different VOR it still shows radial and distance to the VOR shown in the top GNS. 

Gregg Seipp

Not all of these are bugs...

• Does the Altimeter not have a thousands needle?  Might be a silly question but, I'm guessing not.
  • What's the white thing at the top of the altimeter? (You hover your mouse over it and it says..."Green".  That might have been my second guess.)
  • The Avidyne is a definitely a frame hog!  Turning it off sent my frames from ~35 to ~45.  One instrument!
  • While I probably shouldn't, I do wish they'd have enabled the gear silence button.
  • The click spot on the AHRS CW/CCW switch is smaller than the switches next to it.
  • The a lot of the click spots on the RXP 530 are off to the right (and the cursor is strange).
  • Gyro compass should self-align.

There is a lot of reading I need to do.  This one is fun to fly!

EDIT: I suspect they'll never fix it, but shouldn't the air conditioning make air conditioning sounds and the fan make fan sounds?

There is a lot done right on this airplane.

Gregg Seipp

Does the Altimeter not have a thousands needle?  Might be a silly question but, I'm guessing not.

I agree with that, it must have the thousands needle...

The Avidyne is a definitely a frame hog!  Turning it off sent my frames from ~35 to ~45.  One instrument!

Honestly, I don't have any problem with the Avidyne...that just seems to happen with some PC's  (strange too)

EDIT: I suspect they'll never fix it, but shouldn't the air conditioning make air conditioning sounds and the fan make fan sounds?

I would like also to have that feature!, but as you said, they'll never fix it...

5, 5,

10, 10,

10, 10,

These numbers right?

First number is extension, 2nd is retraction?

Which altitude sound file do you replace? The Flight1 sound has a wing level and alt alerter, one has 3 beeps the other 5 beeps. Carenado has ALT and ALTOUT sound files. Which ones do I replace?

Yes. 

Don't know what "wing level" is.  An altitude deviation of 200-300 ft from selected altitude will result in the 2-second tone (5-chime), or when you are crossing approximately 1000 feet prior to capture...coincides with the "ALERT" display.  I suppose there could be some variations of the KAS-297 and tones associated with alert and capture.  How does the Flight1 altitude preselector behave?

On that note, maybe it's possible to modify the xml gauge so that it plays the 5-chime with the alert and nothing upon capture (at least, that's how I'd like to use it, modeled after the -12's I work with).

Not all of these are bugs...

• Does the Altimeter not have a thousands needle?  Might be a silly question but, I'm guessing not.
  • What's the white thing at the top of the altimeter? (You hover your mouse over it and it says..."Green".  That might have been my second guess.)
  • The Avidyne is a definitely a frame hog!  Turning it off sent my frames from ~35 to ~45.  One instrument!
  • While I probably shouldn't, I do wish they'd have enabled the gear silence button.
  • The click spot on the AHRS CW/CCW switch is smaller than the switches next to it.
  • The a lot of the click spots on the RXP 530 are off to the right (and the cursor is strange).
  • Gyro compass should self-align.

There is a lot of reading I need to do.  This one is fun to fly!

There is a lot done right on this airplane.

Correct, the modeled altimeter does not have a thousand needle.  Some PC-12s have it, some don't, depending on the encoding altimeter installed (for instance, the KEA 130A has it while the KEA 346 does not).

The "white thing" sometimes can be an adjustable barometric altitude minimums bug (use the mouse wheel to adjust it in the Carenado PC-12), or sometimes it's mounted stationary just simply to draw your attention to the "0" position.  Some altimeters simply don't have it.

I agree with the gear silencer.

AHRS switches don't do anything  here so I guess click spots haven't bothered me.

Yes, the fans/vent should make different noises (don't ask me to describe them in text).

I agree with that, it must have the thousands needle...

Honestly, I don't have any problem with the Avidyne...that just seems to happen with some PC's  (strange too)

I would like also to have that feature!, but as you said, they'll never fix it...

Nope.  Not necessarily "must have." 

Yes. 

Don't know what "wing level" is.  An altitude deviation of 200-300 ft from selected altitude will result in the 2-second tone (5-chime), or when you are crossing approximately 1000 feet prior to capture...coincides with the "ALERT" display.  I suppose there could be some variations of the KAS-297 and tones associated with alert and capture.  How does the Flight1 altitude preselector behave?

Can you tell Bert about the alt sound in the real pc12.

If he gets a chance to write a new version of his mod then maybe he can update the behavior of the altitude alert sounds

AHRS switches don't do anything here so I guess click spots haven't bothered me.

What would they do?  If there is an event that's fired from the switch changing it could be fixable.  (Discovering what event, if any, is a different and difficult problem.)  Same with some of the overhead buttons.  If a non-functional button actually fires an event but does nothing it creates opportunities for people who like to fix things.

The "white thing" sometimes can be an adjustable barometric altitude minimums bug (use the mouse wheel to adjust it in the Carenado PC-12), or sometimes it's mounted stationary just simply to draw your attention to the "0" position. Some altimeters simply don't have it.

Yeah, not important. They implemented moving thingies in the Malibu Mirage and I found it useless.  It can stay there. 

Some more issues...

• Someone mentioned that TOGA doesn't work.  This seems to be completely broken.  It doesn't respond to the FSX TOGA event at all.  They seem to have skipped it. 
  • The NAV2 issue seems isolated to that the NAV 2 GNS seems to show data for the VOR selected in NAV1.  The NAV info in the EHSI appears correct (apart from the fact that it says LOC 2 instead of NAV 2).  So, if you manually tune an ILS you can't use a secondary DME source.
  • The aircraft creeps forward on Parking Brake.

NOTE:  It's weird that the RMI compass stays slaved but the EHSI does not.

I'm working on a LINDA module and here's some things from walking through the preflight checklist.  Some of these, I don't know if they're actually issues or my own misunderstandings.  Some may be minor.  Someone with greater knowledge of the airplane would have to say.

• Gen1 puts amps on both busses.  Gen2 seems to do nothing.
  • In terms of the overhead, is it working right on STBY BUS?  You turn it on then start turning things to AUTO and and verifying things are OFF but the only thing showing the switch state is the tooltip.  A real pilot...err...doesn't have tooltips...so the STBY BUS should put power? 
  • Cabin Pressure Controller doesn't work when power's off.  Or maybe it's just stuck like the other airplanes.
  • No sound from fuel pumps
  • Couldn't find the Oxygen Pressure Gauge
  • Couldn't find Passenger Oxygen switch.  CAWS PASS OXY is not illuminated (no oxygen for pax?)
  • Pilot window doesn't open...unusual for them to skip but whatever.
  • Is the PITOT HEAT CAWS message supposed to illuminate when Probes is on?
  • Not sure what the EIS system test is.
  • CAWS Pusher ICE MODE doesn't come on (I think)
  • In general, I think most of the CAWS Icing lights and messages don't work (except for Icing Boots, based on the tests in the checklist.

So, probably, some hefty areas of the prestart checklist will have to be ignored or rewritten.

Gregg Seipp

If he gets a chance to write a new version of his mod then maybe he can update the behavior of the altitude alert sounds

I explained it in my post above?

Is the GPS pointer on the HSI supposed to point to your next fix automatically?  If it's supposed to, it's not doing that for me.

Gregg

EDIT: Oh...do I have to turn on that setting thing?

Gregg Seipp

Guys, this one, you can do yourself... in the Gauge_KAS297VC.xml file, the altitude alerter code is as follows:

<!--    ALT ALERT HUNDRES  -->

(L:ALT_ARM_SEL_ON,number) 1 == (L:CUSTOM_AUTOPILOT_AIRSPEED_HOLD_ALT, number) 1 == or
if{

950 1000 (A:INDICATED ALTITUDE,FEET) (L:CUSTOM_AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH, feet) - abs rng 1 == (L:GAUGE_ALT_ALERT_DENTRO, number) 1 == and
	   if{  1 (>L:BUFFER_PC12_Alt, number) 0 (>L:GAUGE_ALT_ALERT_DENTRO, number)  
	   1 (>L:GAUGE_ALT_ALERT_LIGHT, bool) 
		  }

250 300 (A:INDICATED ALTITUDE,FEET) (L:CUSTOM_AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH, feet) - abs rng 1 == 
	   if{ 0 (>L:GAUGE_ALT_ALERT_LIGHT, bool) 1 (>L:GAUGE_ALT_ALERT_DENTRO, number) }

0 5 (A:INDICATED ALTITUDE,FEET) (L:CUSTOM_AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH, feet) - abs rng 1 == (L:GAUGE_ALT_ALERT_DENTRO, number) 1 == and
	   if{ 1 (>L:BUFFER_PC12_Alt, number) 0 (>L:GAUGE_ALT_ALERT_DENTRO, number) 0 (>L:ALT_VS_SEL_ON) 0 (>L:ALT_ARM_SEL_ON)  }

}

The sound is caused by the: 1 (>L:BUFFER_PC12_Alt, number) statements.  Once for 1000 feet, once for 0 feet.

If you do not want a sound to appear, change it to:  0 (>L:BUFFER_PC12_Alt, number)

Is the GPS pointer on the HSI supposed to point to your next fix automatically?  If it's supposed to, it's not doing that for me.

Gregg

EDIT: Oh...do I have to turn on that setting thing?

If you have the RXP GNS, you can turn on Autocourse in the ini file.

Bert